Latest PSU headlines:

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII

Any good NOOB guides?

I really really wanna get into this, but it seems so complicated to me. Are there any good noob guides here, or on any other sites? just something to help me dive in. thanks!
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    My logistics guide: http://www.psu.com/a019419/DUST-514-...ps---Logistics
    How to earn Skill Points: http://www.psu.com/a019404/DUST-514--How-to-earn-SP
    Beginner tips: http://www.psu.com/a019391/DUST-514-...beginners-tips

Thats some recent PSU stuff...what is it in particular that you wanna know? The game modes? Equipement/skills advice?

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Also, press select, select "CORP" and press X to "activate voice". Then you can talk in the lobby and I'll take any questions you have.

4. Likes Zswordsman likes this post
    General Manager
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Items 3d dot game heroes3d dot game heroesUser name styleMove360 SlimVitaLightningNaughty DogPlayStation
    Yeah, come and join us in Corp Chat! Bring a headset.
    DUST 514 name: swillw /Corporation PSU Ghost Syndicate

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    This noob guide is turning out to be pretty epic lol. In a day or two I'll have a monster that will devour all mystery about this game for new comers.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Items Vita
    I might see about doing some training videos, gotta sort the equitment out first however which is the main thing. coz it kinda involves setting up a second PC by the TV and i just know that the girls in the house will oppose the crap out of that idea :-p. otherwise im aiming a camcorder at the TV which will look a bet shoddeh.
    There once was a man named Sidney, he used to collect shells on the beach. everything was going well for him. untill he stopped and took a look, he had a glance and a stare and realised he what he was reading.
    It was a forum signature full of nonsense

Dedicated Member
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Also, press select, select "CORP" and press X to "activate voice". Then you can talk in the lobby and I'll take any questions you have.
    i always forget to do this! no wonder no one texts anymore

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstoph View Post
    I might see about doing some training videos, gotta sort the equitment out first however which is the main thing. coz it kinda involves setting up a second PC by the TV and i just know that the girls in the house will oppose the crap out of that idea :-p. otherwise im aiming a camcorder at the TV which will look a bet shoddeh.
    Steven has sent me the means to record gameplay so I intend to do the same. A camcorder isn't ideal; I want our content to look professional and quality and a camcorder doesn't really deliver on that. I know it's anal but PSU has to evolve!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Unaidedhippo5
    I was planing on buying a recorder soon myself. Theyre about 150 on Amazon.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    im assuming that any time i join a fight, im automatically put with my corporation buddies? or do i have to look for you guys and join a fight you guys are engaged in... thats whats confusing me... im looking at starmaps and stuff looking for PSU but not really sure how to jump into a PSU ground battle automatically... it just seems random people in all the fights ive been in. iono i really gotta start researching how this works, i never know what im actually doing... just kill people? am i trying to achieve a specific mission? how do i tell what my directives are? lol im so freaking lost.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Ok, when you are in your merc quarters, press select and you will bring up the chat UI. Here you can interact with the corp and make squads. You will see tabs on the left hand side with the different channels. You will see CORP and ALLIANCE. Corp is the channel of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE and here you can find ppl to play with. If you press X on the corp tab, and activate voice, you can talk with the guys.

As far as squadding up is concerned, you can either make your own squad by selecting the squad tab, then go into the corp chat window and select member's names and press X and select invite to squad.

If someone invites you to their squad, you will see the invite in the very top tab which is a ! in a circle. This is your notifications area and it will flash if you have been invited or have a new mail.

I hope that helps. Be sure to activate voice in corp chat though, then its MUCH easier for the team to help you and give any advice/answers you may need.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    im assuming that any time i join a fight, im automatically put with my corporation buddies? or do i have to look for you guys and join a fight you guys are engaged in... thats whats confusing me... im looking at starmaps and stuff looking for PSU but not really sure how to jump into a PSU ground battle automatically... it just seems random people in all the fights ive been in. iono i really gotta start researching how this works, i never know what im actually doing... just kill people? am i trying to achieve a specific mission? how do i tell what my directives are? lol im so freaking lost.
    unfortunately CCP don't know how to matchmake. if you select instant battle you'll be put into a match with randoms of indeterminate skill (though CCP will usually lump squads together to maximise punishment).

to play with your fellow PSU goers you need to hop into a squad with them. people are always posting that they're looking for squads or have room for x. when someone sends a squad invite it'll pop up in notifications section on the right (above corp chat) simply highlight and accept the invite.

directors will decide when the corp will be doing battle as a whole entity though. we had two the other week. these cost money though (lots of money) so we require mercs to donate isk from their battle endeavors to fuel our war effort
    there is an isk drive currently with a merc pack up for grabs
    PM cuguy for you to be added to the corp roster here on the forums, it'll allow you to see our HQ subsection here in the dust section. (try my links in my sig to know if you've been added)

we're always discussing Planetary Conquest though, but atm Alex is focusing on teamwork before we commit again.

random battles are broken down like this though:

Ambush - Team Deathmatch (deplete the other teams clones before the do yours)
    Ambush OMS - Team Deathmatch with a twist (turrets and stuff get spawned in too)
    Skirmish - Objective based gameplay (capture and hold as many objectives until the enemy ship goes boom)
    Domination - Skirmish with a twist (only one objective so fighting is fierce)
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Thread Information