Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Elite Guru

Latest New Xbox Leaks, Some Old Some New

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/la...new.453025687/

Don't ask me where I got this info, because I can't and won't tell you. The New Xbox team is a locked down group and only project managers know the full story. So a good portion of this is pieced together info with extrapolations based on what I think makes sense.

Specs:
    Almost everything you've seen and heard is bull$#@!. I choose to let you hear about this at the conference so you'll be pleasantly/unpleasantly surprised (based on your agenda).

Product Announcements:

Two products will be announced a revised Xbox 360 and a New Xbox
    Revised Xbox 360 will be rebranded as Xbox <new brand> will contain a shrinked 360 SoC and will be positioned to compete with Roku and AppleTV. Will "piggyback" onto your Cable box. Old rumors had it overlaying Xbox stuff over your cable connection. It's the other way around, will "inject" your Cable into the Xbox dash via a tile. No different than Windows Media Center. First few minutes of the conference will be focused on this. The thing may be released later next week or the following week.
    Will play current 360 library via download.
    Revised 360 won't have a DVD drive, small internal NAND flash and USB ports for controller charging and external HDDs.
    Box is bigger than Roku and much, much thinner and smaller than current 360 model.
    Price will be $150.00

New core gaming box will be announced. This box will be branded Xbox <newbrand> and will have all of the functionality of the smaller box along with the ability to play new core games.

No price announced until after E3, so don't hold your breath. Controller will include technology from MS touch mouse for web browsing, apps and menu nav.

Here's the biggie: Two SKUs, One with updated Kinect, one without. Kinect not mandatory. UI is minor upgrade over NXE. No full-blown Windows RT. Smooth as butter though.
    Multi-tasking OS. Switch to OS and apps without having to leave the game. Game pauses automatically.

Console is always on and always online. Will run in low power state via Xbox 360 SoC to download updates and interact with Smartglass. "Always online" doesn't mean that it requires Internet just to function just like "always on" doesn't mean it will work when you lose electricity. Always on, always online implies that it will function in that manner assuming you have electricity and a working Internet connection. Duh! Much ado about nothing.

Little box will be aimed at casual gamers and big box will be aimed at core gamers.

Ancillary tidbits:

Final devkits and SDKs won't go out until later this year. Not unusual because MS didn't release Windows 8/WP8 SDKs to developers until two months before the product launched. The rationale is that launch/launch Window games won't be able to take advantage of the improvements and functionality in time anyways. The decision behind this was the same as the other incidents: To protect their IP and prevent leaks.

Indie devs will be happy.
    World-wide launch in question. Sorry Europe?
    Japan will not be a major focus for MS. Stronger focus on Europe and developing markets.
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

Dedicated Member
    Kotaqu posts this $#@! and gamers listen? $hitheads

Last edited by Soldierboy; 05-16-2013 at 09:15.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Sooooo...according to this rumor, the 360 SoC acts like the second chip Sony has on the ps4 that handles all the background stuff? Smart! You get bc (dl only games or all games?), what happens when 360 games are being played tho?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Flaw3d Genius
    I wish MS were not showing off the new Xbox in 5 days time, I just love rumours too much!

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    I don't fully understand this rumour.

From what I gather, the new branded xbox will have this new crappy streaming 360 model inside of it + play new games and no mention of an optical drive?

This new 360 cable box thing sounds gimped. $150 for something you have to download all the games and no word on hardrive size? I suppose it would be just for casuals anyway

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    I wish MS were not showing off the new Xbox in 5 days time, I just love rumours too much!
    lol... Same here. Like i said before, if it doesn't come with built in rumors, I won't be buying it.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Almost everything you've seen and heard is bull$#@!.
    Proceeds to regurgitate most of the old rumours.

Hmmm

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    But once the Xbox 720 comes out, then we can start looking forward to the Xbox 1440 rumors! Maybe eventually they will call it the Xbox Pi so they will stop spinning around in circles!

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

9. Likes x_terna likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post

Hmmm
    exactly

Superior Member

Hmmm
    I have to assume that he's referring to specs. If so, sounds like it could be good news.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Superior Member
    I'll be picking up one of these "small" 360's day one if they are real. I have enough digital games that I could play to make it worth my while. I would love to have a 360 on my main TV in the living room.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Power Member
    Items User name style

Hmmm
    Yup. Wake me up at 5 am on Wednesday, until then I don't care.
    Last edited by mynd; 05-17-2013 at 23:33.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Elite Guru

Greenberg

We're really going to tell one story across two events. So we're going to start on the 21st and really that's about revealing the next Xbox platform, really our vision for the future of games, the future of entertainment. We definitely have a lot of surprises planned. I know everyone knows the Infinity Ward team is hard at work on world premiering the next Call of Duty Ghosts so we're going to see what that looks like for the first time. People are going to get a great inside look at really the making of the new platform and the team that's brought it to life. I mean to be honest it's really about the team, the people here, that's why we're inviting people to campus, we're going to bring them behind the scenes a little bit, we've never done this before and so it's really exiting to be able to do that. But I think it's a lot of laying the foundation, probably the best way to describe it, and then just a couple of weeks later we go to E3. E3 is all about the games.
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Dont expect any games other than COD on May 21 I guess.

Flaw3d Genius
    Boooo waiting till E3 for the games

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Boooo waiting till E3 for the games
    yay for a good look at the hardware...

Which does lead the question....ya wouldn't do that is your knew you were weak sauce....

I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    yay for a good look at the hardware... Which does lead the question....ya wouldn't do that is your knew you were weak sauce....
    You would if you are trying to hype your console. If the Next Xbox is weaker than PS4 you know MS wont tell us that. We'll have to see how much spec info they will actually give us and how in depth with it they go.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    You would if you are trying to hype your console. If the Next Xbox is weaker than PS4 you know MS wont tell us that. We'll have to see how much spec info they will actually give us and how in depth with it they go.
    Highly unlikley considering....

1/ Gaming press will be comparing it to Sonys reveal, so you have to at least cover what they covered.

2/ Gaming press will eat up any perceived weak spots and subsequent fans will blow these said weakness into some huge rumor mill

In short MS can ill afford to come trying to hide things.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Highly unlikley considering.... 1/ Gaming press will be comparing it to Sonys reveal, so you have to at least cover what they covered. 2/ Gaming press will eat up any perceived weak spots and subsequent fans will blow these said weakness into some huge rumor mill In short MS can ill afford to come trying to hide things.
    Guess we''ll know in 4 more days. 12 noon for me and 5:00am for you. lol

Forum Sage
    Guess we''ll know in 4 more days. 12 noon for me and 5:00am for you. lol
    That will be my last day of leave and I will be high on pain medication and watching every minute.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    That will be my last day of leave and I will be high on pain medication and watching every minute.
    For you it will be high noon. lol

Forum Sage
    For you it will be high noon. lol
    Indeed...lol

Soldier 95B
    360 was the least powerful HD console this gen and they nailed it. Clearly it's not the power that makes the console. It's all it's awesome games $#@!es!

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    360 was the least powerful HD console this gen and they nailed it. Clearly it's not the power that makes the console. It's all it's awesome games $#@!es!
    ...More like releasing first

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Definitely releasing first. Otherwise, it'd be a different ball game. Microsoft has let me down over the past two years. I'm afraid it's going to start of like that, and just keep me out of interest.

Thread Information