• Fancy graphics but 30fps@1080p

18 52.94%
  • 'Norma' graphics but 60fps@1080p

16 47.06%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    jhuff
    I'm really torn on this. I think it depends on the type of game. Most games, you wouldn't notice the difference. In general, I'd prefer more realism and detail. However, for some games like super twitch or racing games, I think the 60fps is better. I'm sure the devs will make the right choices, at least most of the time.

All you have to decide is what to do with the time give to you....
    http://www.woodchuckproductions.net

Elite Member

It depends entirely on the game in question.

Online shooter..... 60 FPS is a must
    Racing game....... 60 FPS is a must
    Sports games ..... 60 FPS is a must

Slow paced RPG...... I'll take graphics over frame rate any day. 30 FPS is just fine for an RPG. Faster frame rate wont make the game play any better, but RPGs are all about exploration and the environment. Graphics quality is a must.

Adventure games can go either way depending on the pace of the gameplay, but in general better looking is preferable to 60 FPS in what is often a slower paced game.

And so-on. It's really a question of the frame rate improving the gameplay. If the gameplay is slow enough that faster frame rate doesn't improve it significantly, then improve the graphics instead.

Frame rate is a must for me... at least around 55. However, I have a very high-end PC, so currently there isn't a game I can't play in absolute highest detail without the loss of FPS (even the ultimate HD mods don't stutter a bit). The picture is better on monitor than on a TV of course (monitors with IPS matrix, especially Dell ones, work great)

Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    It depends entirely on the game in question.

Online shooter..... 60 FPS is a must
    Racing game....... 60 FPS is a must
    Sports games ..... 60 FPS is a must

Slow paced RPG...... I'll take graphics over frame rate any day. 30 FPS is just fine for an RPG. Faster frame rate wont make the game play any better, but RPGs are all about exploration and the environment. Graphics quality is a must.

Adventure games can go either way depending on the pace of the gameplay, but in general better looking is preferable to 60 FPS in what is often a slower paced game.

And so-on. It's really a question of the frame rate improving the gameplay. If the gameplay is slow enough that faster frame rate doesn't improve it significantly, then improve the graphics instead.
    I don't think we'll get 60fps for shooters, for the most part. It's because developers will choose not to.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    Well, in most cases I prefer better graphics to higher fram rate. I really like details and smooth looking visuals. But there are exceptions.

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Depends on teh game style...but at the end of the day with everything else being equal I'll take 60fps over 30fps.
    Even on my gaming pc I'll tone down settings a bit if it means I can keep the framerate high.

Master Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I can't see the difference between 30FPS and 60FPS, so i'm all for upping the graphics.

Thread Information