Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I can only imagine what ND will be able to do on the PS4.
    agreed.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Rathgor
    Naughty Dog HAS to show a new title at E3. I am thinking it will either be Uncharted 4 or a brand new ip. Remember Naughty Dog has 2 teams, one for Last of Us and other for something else. We going to have to wait and see.

Worse case scenario though they will reveal The Last of Us Multiplayer since it has been officially confirmed to be in the game since December of last year.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    Not every game needs to be a franchise. I much prefer this being an isolated story.
    I believe they set out to make one game...but who knows how the story unfolds or the success it may have. Imagine if ND never made an Uncharted II or we never got a GOW II. Some of the greatest games ever have been sequels. I don't know what they will do...they may do nothing...they may do another story in the same universe....hard to tell. But I will wait until after the game comes out to see how many of those people after playing the game change their mind and scream for a sequel?! No one has to buy a sequel...people do because they love they couldn't get enough of the first and want more. A sequel doesn't have to be some poorly hashed out game that just somehow picks up from the last and continues some mindless new mission. And I doubt they leave it a cliff hanger or don't tie up the story nicely with this one...ND has done a great job this gen with making sure the stories have a great conclusion. Even the Uncharted games could have stood alone....its not like they are tied in story like say Killzone or Resistance or something like that. They may have the same characters but each game is kinda its own...no reason LOU can't do that if written and done well.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Not every game needs to be a franchise. I much prefer this being an isolated story.
    Maybe the first game is a isolated story and the sequel is different characters in the same world? Perhaps another country? We can see how Europe was affected by it.

RIP Oculus Rift

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Well I guess it worked for Silent Hill 1-3.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    xSoloWing--
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    I believe they set out to make one game...but who knows how the story unfolds or the success it may have. Imagine if ND never made an Uncharted II or we never got a GOW II. Some of the greatest games ever have been sequels. I don't know what they will do...they may do nothing...they may do another story in the same universe....hard to tell. But I will wait until after the game comes out to see how many of those people after playing the game change their mind and scream for a sequel?! No one has to buy a sequel...people do because they love they couldn't get enough of the first and want more. A sequel doesn't have to be some poorly hashed out game that just somehow picks up from the last and continues some mindless new mission. And I doubt they leave it a cliff hanger or don't tie up the story nicely with this one...ND has done a great job this gen with making sure the stories have a great conclusion. Even the Uncharted games could have stood alone....its not like they are tied in story like say Killzone or Resistance or something like that. They may have the same characters but each game is kinda its own...no reason LOU can't do that if written and done well.
    It feels like a one time game. But I'm sure ND won't disappoint us if they do decided to make sequels.
    Oh, I'm sorry did I break your concentration I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue. - Jules

Forum Sage

I can't be the only one that thinks 'the last of us 2' and 'the last of us 3' sound like ridiculous names

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    I can't be the only one that thinks 'the last of us 2' and 'the last of us 3' sound like ridiculous names
    Yes, the title isn't very "game-y". Games have the worst names. I mean Battlefield? Killzone? Horribly generic, a 10-year old might be naming these. I don't know why the industry does this.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Very true but it's easier to remodel a house than build a new one from the ground up.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    AAA is very risky business, but ND should have enough prestige and followers.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Super Elite
    'The Last of Us 2: Just Kidding, There's More!'

'The Last of Us 3: More Tears, More Melodrama, More Us!'

'The Last of Us Collection: Holy **** We Really Tricked Ya'll, Didn't We?'
    Last edited by Forcedme; 05-17-2013 at 20:31.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    surely prefer them working on new IP's but I just can't imagine them doing something wrong.So...
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

PS Unchained
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    My guess is there placeholders so nobody else can buy the domains incase in future they decide to make a sequel

Last of us 2 much
    Last of us 3 him

Thank you itachi

14. Likes Itachi likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakihara_Anjo View Post
    EA has Battlefield domains registered up to 20. They wont get nearly that far before changing the name from numbered titles. Its a just in case scenario. Buying a domain doesn't mean much.
    Agreed. Some things are better left to the player's imagination.

Also, if one of Naughty Dog's teams are indeed developing Uncharted 4 then I want to see the other team put out a new IP.
    Last edited by Black; 05-18-2013 at 08:09.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    Which is why I believe it is inevitable.

17. Likes davin_g likes this post

Thread Information