Latest PSU headlines:

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast
    Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    The only thing? Im sure Sony has some unannounced games for E3. Surely you dont believe that they already showed everything they have game wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    ^^This

Sony has gone on record saying the ps4 will have its largest games launch line up in playstation history. The PSP (vita??) had a 25 game launch library and is currently it's largest launch line up.

We did NOT see 25+ titles at the Sony Feb reveal.

Sony has 12(???) exclusive studios working for them? We haven't even seen 12 exclusives yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    That isn't the only stuff I am waiting for from Sony, I am also wanting them to go into more detail about the APU specs to see what kind of CPU and GPU core it is based off of and the speeds of each one. I would also love to know what size and type hard drive will be included in the system!
    Exactly.

Lets just say that people are going into e3 not expecting much from Sony... It's going to work in Sony's favor because they are going to exceed the low expectation of "not having much left to show"(to keep it short).

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    The only thing? Im sure Sony has some unannounced games for E3. Surely you dont believe that they already showed everything they have game wise.
    ^^This

Sony has gone on record saying the ps4 will have its largest games launch line up in playstation history. The PSP (vita??) had a 25 game launch library and is currently it's largest launch line up.

We did NOT see 25+ titles at the Sony Feb reveal.

Sony has 12(???) exclusive studios working for them? We haven't even seen 12 exclusives yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post

And there's still details about Gaiki and online gaming that they need to dish out.
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    That isn't the only stuff I am waiting for from Sony, I am also wanting them to go into more detail about the APU specs to see what kind of CPU and GPU core it is based off of and the speeds of each one. I would also love to know what size and type hard drive will be included in the system!
    Those are the main things most people will be looking for. Sure people here (and on other gaming forums/websites) will obsess over hardware specs or online streaming, ect. but these are all ancillary things.

Yes games are important, but that is something that is only partly on sony (we need to see what 3rd parties put up).

Basically people in general are looking for the most relevant information so that they can decide if they will purchase a ps4 at launch/in the launch window or wait a bit (for another hardware revision (not a "slim"), more games, lower price, ect.) And the most relevant information to that is the price (primarily), followed by the games (secondary).

As for the people here/on gaming forums/websites. Most have likely made up their minds and the only thing that would be likely to alter it would be pricing.

We all know launch games can be rather iffy (1st and third party). 3rd party games are likely to be made up of ports with minimal enhancements. Given the titles that are slated to ship this year for current generation consoles, from a games = value perspective you are better off with a current gen console than a next gen console at launch/during the launch window.

Sony could offer as good of a launch lineup as their has ever been, but suppose they price it at $600 and the next xbox comes in at $500 (or less), people will step back and pause. They (including people on gaming websites) will face a dilemma about whether to go in at launch or hold off.

Exactly.

Lets just say that people are going into e3 not expecting much from Sony... It's going to work in Sony's favor because they are going to exceed the low expectation of "not having much left to show"(to keep it short).
    They didn't really show much at all at their Feb. event. So I'm not sure where you are getting that supposed sentiment from.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Rengarious
    Items User name style
    Credit goes to NeoGaf posters for this one. (Source - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...559962&page=21 )

Very good close up images of the console tease

4. Likes MjW likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Sony could offer as good of a launch lineup as their has ever been, but suppose they price it at $600 and the next xbox comes in at $500 (or less), people will step back and pause. They (including people on gaming websites) will face a dilemma about whether to go in at launch or hold off.
    I dig it, I see what you're saying here. And one of the many rumors revolving around MS is this $300 ($200?? something cheap) skew with a subscription to compensate for cost.

I don't think MS is going to roll over and die. They clearly made a name for themselves during this gen. My prediction is they likely will find a way (such as a subscription service) to allow for the console to fly off the shelves day 1 at some ridic low price point. I kinda think that rumor could be true.

But at the end of the day do you want (and this is using your figures as an example) a $500 or less console with a couple exclusives, or a $600 console with dozens of them? And while some of the population just like certain games and are content with playing them on the less expensive console thereby saving them money. There is going to be a segment of the populous that sees the value in the slightly higher price point and how it'll pay off in the long run.

One of the things the 360 had going for it over the ps3 was crossgame chat. That playing field will now be leveled. So the next xbox needs to have found that next big hitch and hope it pulls in the masses.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    So, we don't have that much longer to find out for sure, but the first image is of a square. Is the speculation that is the top view or maybe it is a cube? I saw this Samsung Bluray player in wallyworld the other day and couldn't believe how small it was, about half the width of a PC keyboard and about as deep. The old notion of hifi equipment has completely changed.

Took this long to post after fainting from watching that teaser. Sony is on a roll!
    As cool as it would be to see a next-gen console from Sony that's similar in size to the Nintendo GameCube, with the amount of stuff the PS4 is supposed to do, I wouldn't bet on it.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 05-20-2013 at 21:23.

Forum Sage
    I dig it, I see what you're saying here. And one of the many rumors revolving around MS is this $300 ($200?? something cheap) skew with a subscription to compensate for cost.

I don't think MS is going to roll over and die. They clearly made a name for themselves during this gen. My prediction is they likely will find a way (such as a subscription service) to allow for the console to fly off the shelves day 1 at some ridic low price point. I kinda think that rumor could be true.

But at the end of the day do you want (and this is using your figures as an example) a $500 or less console with a couple exclusives, or a $600 console with dozens of them? And while some of the population just like certain games and are content with playing them on the less expensive console thereby saving them money. There is going to be a segment of the populous that sees the value in the slightly higher price point and how it'll pay off in the long run.

One of the things the 360 had going for it over the ps3 was crossgame chat. That playing field will now be leveled. So the next xbox needs to have found that next big hitch and hope it pulls in the masses.
    It completely depends on the quality of those games and the appeal they have to each individual customer. And of course certain external influences (like not launching before/during a recession for example).

The average person care about 2 things when it comes to gaming. They want to play with their friends. And they want to t0 play the most popular/common games which generally means multiplats like Madden/FIFA/COD/Battlefield. Games that fit that description that are exclusive are rather rare (Halo/Gran Turismo/ Real Mario games).

So if the xbox comes in at a lower price (even before some kind of subsidized subscription offering offering a super low price) that covers the multiplats. And/or if a lot of their friends are on xbox live playing their 360's.....

Not to mention with the ps3 sony had a reason for the higher price (Blu-Ray), slightly better performance would not be sufficient justification for most for a higher price.

Though this doesn't really matter since I expect the next xbox and ps4 to cost the same (barring a super low (initial) price subsidized subscription xbox offering).

As for cross game chat, how do you know microsoft hasn't improved upon it significantly (what is currently on the 360) on the next xbox? Though I will lol at you thinking that was a big draw for people to the xbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    As cool as it would be to see a next-gen console from Sony that's similar in size to the Nintendo GameCube, with the amount of stuff the PS4 is supposed to do, I wouldn't bet on it.
    Overheating issues for everyone?

I didn't know sony was so "progressive" in its quest for equal treatment of all customers.

Ultimate Veteran
    Overheating issues for everyone?

I didn't know sony was so "progressive" in its quest for equal treatment of all customers.
    I was replying to Bligmerk. Not sure why you're taking offense.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style

Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 05-20-2013 at 21:56.

10. Likes Fon , YoungMullah88 likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    LOL. The trolling has begun!! (Sony vs Microsoft... not members)

That's pretty funny 24.

PSN ID
    enroene
    Definitely got my first class ticket too.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    All aboard the Hype train.

I got my first class ticket... have you?
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 05-20-2013 at 22:03. Reason: Merging.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    :O It looks matte!

Awwwww yeahhh

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Rengarious
    Items User name style
    Is it me or is the console standing on its own vertically?? If you look at the square black box you can see the shadows on the left side..

Look below:

PSU Live Streamer
    Though I will lol at you thinking that was a big draw for people to the xbox.
    Thats not what I said, but ok.

360s big draw was being the only next gen console for a year between ms and sony. But you ask people today what it is they like about the 360 over the ps3 aside from software titles and 9/10 its the cross game chat they can't do without.

That is why I mentioned it being a non issue this coming generation. Like you said, people want to play with friends. Something the ps3 struggled with, but the ps4 won't.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I was replying to Bligmerk. Not sure why you're taking offense.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage360 View Post
    Is it me or is the console standing on its own vertically?? If you look at the square black box you can see the shadows on the left side..

Look below:

Or it is just a black box covering the console!

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Veteran
    Looks like it's going to be a great design.

Ultimate Veteran
    I seriously cannot make heads or tails of what the hell this thing looks like. Sony are trolling hard as $#@! right now.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Well, one thing's for sure. The teaser video did exactly what it was supposed to do.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Lol thats classic.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    I seriously cannot make heads or tails of what the hell this thing looks like. Sony are trolling hard as $#@! right now.
    Lets spend the next 48hrs figuring it out. :P

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Lets spend the next 48hrs figuring it out. :P
    To the batcomputer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm4v...e_gdata_player,

Thank you itachi

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself

LOL!

Microsoft...come out to playyyyy!

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

26. Likes Itachi likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    Wow! Based on the snippets of the PS4 in that video, that design makes sense! Good job!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post

dat design
    Last edited by Itachi; 05-21-2013 at 02:46.

29. Likes unicron7 likes this post

Thread Information