Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3444 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1292
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    No, I can almost guarantee you it will be the case. More so than the norm.

Do the math, it doesn't add up.

Take away kinect from the one (and remember MS is using less expensive DDR3 and not GDDR5), do you think the one would go for $400? No way, I'd say $450 at best.
    You've been in the heat of rumour discussion so of all people you should know that xbone is a much more 'custom' machine than the ps4. Their SOC/APU has much more custom complicated stuff compared to ps4 off the shelf (for the most part) components. The Audio processors, move engines, ESRAM , kinect etc will make xbone cost more than ps4
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Problem is most of those a multiplats.
    I don't see how that makes them any less worth caring for

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    You've been peddling this for a long time and have clearly now been proven wrong.

Sony are not going to lose money on PS4's. The BOM won't come to $300, and they're selling for $399

Not to mention Europe are propping up America as usual
    AFAIK only nintendo has released a console without incurring losses on the hardware initially.

remember the 20GB ps3 cost sony more money than the 60GB, they only offered it to hit the $499 pricepoint.

As I stated earlier, we won;t know for sure till it launches, but there is no feasible way they can do $399 with that hardware an not lose a significant amount of money on each console sold.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    you are welcome to go for the console that's $100 more expensive and not allowing used games to play these same multiplat games.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Me and a friend at work had a bet, I said the PS4 was gonna be under $800 he said it would be over and whom ever wins has to pay the difference. Rrp is looking like $550au so I just made $250.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

5. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Superior Member
    Sorry dude but MS actual conference was much better. Anyone can see that. Yes, the price and no DRM are pluses but I expected more from sony in the games department. And now we have the paywall that I warned all of you was coming.
    This simply has to be sarcasm. I watched both conferences closely and cannot imagine anyone appreciating the MS show more unless they are a big BIG fan of ... sports cars.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Manning View Post
    I wonder will Kingdom Hearts 3 go the Xbox One?
    I'm thinking more like Wii U since they have a ton of spinoffs on there. Honestly though instead of Sony buying all this stupid DLC they couldve secured it as an exclusive.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    you are welcome to go for the console that's $100 more expensive and not allowing used games to play these same multiplat games.
    Unless Microsoft lowers the price it is game over for them

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    Or buy neither and just stick with PC because I don't have to pay a penny to play online.

I only buy digital now anyway, I'd much rather have free online and block used games than the other way around.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    BAM!

Elite Guru
    Does the no drm apply to sony games or third party as well?
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Or buy neither and just stick with PC because I don't have to pay a penny to play online.
    you are certainly welcome to do that too.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I'm thinking more like Wii U since they have a ton of spinoffs on there. Honestly though instead of Sony buying all this stupid DLC they couldve secured it as an exclusive.
    I don't see that happening. Nomura wanted KH to go back to its console base (which is sony)
    It may come to xbone

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    That was undoubtedly the most epic ass kicking I've ever seen in a conference.

Ever.

Sony played it coy with the games, but I guess you gotta save some stuff for Gamescom. But the new footage of Killzone and InFamous was more than enough to blow the rest of the competition away anyway.

Santa Monica's new game looked gorgeous as $#@!...but I'm not sure I'm excited about the theme. Victorian Era future sci-fi? Umm...we'll see...

15. Likes Dissent, Kauldron likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Why? Kinect 2.0 is an expensive piece of kit, and the ESRAM ain't cheap in the Xbone either. CPU is the same. There's also dedicated hardware in the Xbox One meant to perform processing for the Kinect 2.0, like the "SHAPE" audio processor- which by all indications is far more than just a regular audio DSP.

GPU is certainly cheaper though, as is the RAM.

But from the way I'm seeing things, no, I think the BOM on the Xbox One is slightly greater to equal to PS4. I don't think Sony will be bleeding cash on each unit sold, they've already repeatedly emphasized they're not willing to do that this time around.

I think it is reasonable to conclude then:

A. MS's box is just that much more expensive to put together.
    B. They're racketing up the cost ala Apple for stupid profit margins and are confident consumers will simply buy it anyway.

OR

C. It's more expensive marginally and they're ratcheting up the cost anyway.
    One would think that they would find a way to make kinect 2.0 cheaper than the original version. As for the esram/DSP? Possibly, but I don't see that coming anywhere near the cost of 8GB DDR5 and the more powerful gpu. I guess we will just have to wait an see.

* on a sidenote, looking at the official ps4 pictures, O don't see any kind of bay for a removable HDD. Though there is a weird slot on the bottom running most of the depth of the console

Master Guru
    Awesome.

Last edited by TDbank24; 06-11-2013 at 05:39.

18. Likes RedOrb_Collector , Kauldron likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    That was undoubtedly the most epic ass kicking I've ever seen in a conference.

Ever.

Sony played it coy with the games, but I guess you gotta save some stuff for Gamescom. But the new footage of Killzone and InFamous was more than enough to blow the rest of the competition away anyway.

Santa Monica's new game looked gorgeous as $#@!...but I'm not sure I'm excited about the theme. Victorian Era future sci-fi? Umm...we'll see...
    It was a Steampunk fan's wet dream!

PSU Technical Advisor
    One would think that they would find a way to make kinect 2.0 cheaper than the original version. As for the esram/DSP? Possibly, but I don't see that coming anywhere near the cost of 8GB DDR5 and the more powerful gpu. I guess we will just have to wait an see.

* on a sidenote, looking at the official ps4 pictures, O don't see any kind of bay for a removable HDD. Though there is a weird slot on the bottom running most of the depth of the console

Move Engines, ESRAM, SHAPE Audio Processor, Kinect 2.0..

I think those are the biggest 'bloaters' cost wise.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    AFAIK only nintendo has released a console without incurring losses on the hardware initially. remember the 20GB ps3 cost sony more money than the 60GB, they only offered it to hit the $499 pricepoint. As I stated earlier, we won;t know for sure till it launches, but there is no feasible way they can do $399 with that hardware an not lose a significant amount of money on each console sold.
    Which is why Sony is charging for online play which will give them that much needed revenue. Xbox One had a little better game showing but Sony gave me a better reason to buy the PS4. And you can always count on Sony to come with the games so no worries there either.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 06-11-2013 at 05:41.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    The "other" conference was comprised of 75-80% of multiplat, even more if you consider the possible"only on xbox" we've come to know last (current) gen to be "only on xbox...for awhile" And the rest was enjoyable for FPS fans I suppose. When it comes down to it, both could have done better depending on your tastes in VGs.

With a whole bunch of kids at home, the USED GAMES won the show for me!!!

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Sorry dude but MS actual conference was much better. Anyone can see that. Yes, the price and no DRM are pluses but I expected more from sony in the games department. And now we have the paywall that I warned all of you was coming.
    BS. This E3 was epic. It's over for Xbox and why did we need another cable box this year anyway? Sony showed the games they are confident of having at launch and we already saw the 3rd party games at launch during the MS keynote. It was very noticeable how much better the PS4 graphics were also, over the XBone earlier in the day. The XBone 24 hour confirmation is crazier than it sounds first hearing it. If you fail to meet the 24-hour connection deadline, your game is inactive for at least 24 hours and then requires a reactivation. And that is just one difference. The last slide buried the XBone.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Elite Member
    We don't know if the multiplayer being talked about is all forms or specific items/services of some sort. I think the PSN+ doesn't need to required for online MP, nothing has been talked about this!! i'm hoping they'll knock it straight out an say its free to sign in an play MP with no PSN+ needed

Superior Member
    So... about this pay to play thing... are we to assume that it is only the PS4 that requires PSPlus for online play? So we could still play our PS3 games online for free? If that's the case, what about Diablo III which will be on both systems?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    It was a Steampunk fan's wet dream!
    Its MY wet dream
    Also I was passed out of joy to listen to the gaikai part so whats the deal with that?

Veteran
    Guess this is my swan song...

Online play paywall.

Thanks Xboxers.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation

Thread Information