Latest PSU headlines:

Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

I don't understand RE6 hate

Gorgeous graphics: Check.

Better controls: Check.

Better gameplay: Check.

More challenging: Check.

Other than the number symbol that looks like someone giving head, I don't see anything wrong with this game. I'm loving it so far and I loved the demo too. Yea, the camera is a little screwy but doesn't mess up much for me.

This is by far the best RE I've played, so far.

Mm..waffles..
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS

I don't understand RE6 hate

I'm not much of a RE fan tbh. I played RE5 mostly for the coop but it wasn't enough to make me want to play RE6.

On the move with Tapatalk
    Last edited by MjW; 05-21-2013 at 11:38.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Elite Guru
    There's several issues.
    1. It's too action oriented, not enough tension. This was much of the argument about RE5 (which I also agree got way more hate than it deserved) Strange that RE5 was a lot like RE4 which everyone loved. Go figure. But then again 6 compared to 4 is a pretty big difference. You don't even discover files through searching rooms like other RE games, you're just given files to read later for shooting all the secret seals. Out side of the early part of Leon's campaign there's almost no strong puzzle elements or mounting tension aside from jumpscares and loud noises. This might be fine for some people but some horror fanatics see it as signs of a steadily dying genre.

2. In an attempt to be all things to all people, it split the campaign into four parts that were not all equal or well paced. Leon's Zombie story is a bit reminicent of the original Raccoon city story but the final battle goes on WAAAY too long, Dude could have lost at least 2 of his final forms. Chris's "Modern warfare" story makes him almost completely unlikable as well as being more of a combat story than a survival horror story. Jake's story is the least annoying being a lot like RE4 or RE5 but still very actiony. Finally Ada's story, due to how over powered she is, really lacks tension from anything other than the horribly annoying camera. The split-story line could have worked a bit better with some finer editing or perhaps tying everyone's story into a single campaign rather than 4 separate ones. I know it's following the RE1 and 2 model of different paths fir each main character, but there was too much going on and it muddies a potentially decent story.

3. The Cameras ins RE6 hate you. It's the only explanation for how they never aim where you need them to in a scene. How am I supposed to know where to run if the camera obscures things that I need to know about? The game needed a patch a month after release to allow people to adjust the focal length of the camera because it was giving people motionsickness and making it hard to see enemies. The camera also quite often takes control away from the player to say "HEY LOOK AT THING THIS THAT'S IMPORTANT" at the worst times. Sure I'll look at the ladder, but let me fight the monster about to rip my head off first, thanks.

4. Cheap deaths. The game isn't particularly hard on the normal difficulties, but the horrible camera and unbalanced controls assures you will die many many times instantly. Grabs can be shaken off usually except for the moments when the attack meter is already halfway full before you're even given the prompt to shake the stick to fight them off. The cheap hits come often and are infuriating. Some of the action moments like requiring you to run through an unfamiliar area with death at your heels leaves no margin for figuring out your next move, if you run into a wall you didn't see coming, you die, period. Bump a bit of geometry accidentally, you die. Here's a random quick time event that determines if you live or-- nope, you died before you even knew it was happening.

5. Capcom's usual method of DLC ****ery, Hey here's some game types that're probably already on the disc but you can't play without giving us 10 bucks. It's capcom's way of trying to get you to pay 75 bucks for a 60 dollar game. It's no wonder they saw a huge decline in profits this year, maybe people are finally learning not to accept their BS.

Don't take this to mean I hated the game, I very much found it entertaining, it has great graphics, it has a lot of character (aside from hating Chris for most of his story) and it lays out the dangers in exciting set pieces with lots of grotesque monsters and death, which if you want that it has it in spades, and there are interesting aspects to game play with Agent Hunt mode letting you attack the good guys as well as the online website that offers you challenges that can unlock free content much like Mass Effect 3, but the faults the game has are quite unforgivable. Lack of exploration and discovering story elements they way they originally worked in files you picked up along the way, A failure to remember what makes a scary game rather than telegraphed scares and things jumping out of a closet and yelling really loud in your ear (both make you jump, but only one is actually scary), constant reminders that Capcom wanted the Call of Duty/Gears of War fans dollars, the horribly irritating camera and control issues, cheap deaths and unclear gameplay prompting that leaves you wondering what you were meant to do next. It all makes this game a bit of a mess, and this is coming from someone who loved RE5, it was practically perfect in comparison.
    Last edited by Alpha2; 05-21-2013 at 10:13.

Apprentice
    The only part I really liked about RE6 is Leon's story with all zombies. I like them more than those half human and half monster creatures holding guns and shooting at you, I felt like I'm playing Dead Space.. RE games is better with zombies like RE 1, 2 & 3. I don't mind fighting new kind of monsters but keep the zombies.

Flaw3d Genius
    RE6 was by FAR the worst game i played last year!

6. Likes Equinoqs wishes they had posted this first.
    Supreme Veteran

Simple

IT WAS WEAK

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Hell no? The graphics look really disgusting. Only the characters look good.

You're kidding right?

Again, you're kidding, right?

Other than the number symbol that looks like someone giving head
    More specifically it looks like a giraffe giving head.
    Last edited by KungMartin90; 05-21-2013 at 19:26.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    xSoloWing--
    My only hate of the game was the campaign. That's my hate. Each campaign was the same, nothing different. I didn't want to waste my time playing them again just to trophies. I mean really, who wants to play the same thing all over again 4 times with 4 different characters. It was garbage. RE5 was better.
    Oh, I'm sorry did I break your concentration I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue. - Jules

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Harrow
    For me and I think a lot of other people it signifies the final nail in the coffin for Resident Evil being a survival horror game. RE5 pretty much had just about done that - from there they could have gone back to the games roots with 6 or just killed it, and they chose to kill it.

Comparing it to the original Resident Evil is night and day. RE1 was about serious inventory management. Every bullet was precious and you had to really think hard about whether you wanted to go back into that room you just escaped, because you left a zombie alive in there to save bullets.

You even had to conserve save ribbons. It was frustrating at times, but it gave dying the serious consequence of having to play a large section over. That made dying scary. Every step you took without saving created more tension, so when the zombie dogs jumped through the window you messed yourself - and not just because you were startled. Really in 6 what is the big deal about something jumping out at you, there is nothing at stake so I never felt afraid to die.

Giving consequences to dying may sound cheap to modern gamers, but I though it was one of Dark/Demon Souls best traits. It can be done. It would make the game better, or at least more like a survival horror game.

RE4 was a big departure from survival horror and crossed over to survival action. Still a great game but for different reasons. Mostly because it was so well done. It at least had a decent inventory management system and was slow paced enough not to be an all out action shooter. As good as it was, it was when RE turned away from what made it great in the first place.

So basically it isn't survival horror, and we have enough actions games. RE didn't need to be an action shooter.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Resident Evil 5 visuals were amazing compared to the cartoonish elements they had in 6.
    <a href=http://i41.tinypic.com/2qtuwwn.jpg target=_blank>http://i41.tinypic.com/2qtuwwn.jpg</a>
    3DS: 4613-6960-4293

Extreme Poster
    sorry guys, at work, otherwise i'd go into details. from what i did play, the graphics to me, look gorgeous...i'm not sure where you guys think it's not. the lighting alone is amazing and sets the mood right.

i will agree that i have only played a little but i loved it. then i started out Ada's campaign (cause i'm not a homo, i will not play a dude character, lol jk but yes i was being sexist when i picked her) and i will agree that so far it's not nearly as good as i thought it was going to be.

not enjoying this part of campaign. so maybe you guys are right.

but as for being an action game. honestly i don't even care that it is. i just like that it is a good game. i'm sick and tired of shooters right now and this feels good to me, trust me, when i say i play too much shooters, i'm not lying. i play BF/COD every time i get a chance to play.

i finished RE5 and this feels better to me. i like that you can walk while aiming, aiming is much more satisfying, guns feels better, hits feel better, like they're doing real damage.

if i wanted horror, i'd play dead space or silent hill. i totally get that you guys want this game to be like the old ones but honestly i never cared for RE before RE4 and 5. I played the first one and it was good for back in the day, when i was little.

now silent hill scares the **** out of me...play the PSP version, and see what i mean.

so i'll play more and tell you guys what i think abut yea, i can see where you guys are coming from but i feel they definitely improved some things.

Apprentice

Other than the number symbol that looks like someone giving head, I don't see anything wrong with this game. I'm loving it so far and I loved the demo too. Yea, the camera is a little screwy but doesn't mess up much for me.

This is by far the best RE I've played, so far.
    I've kinda hated on it and now that you put it like that... huh!!!

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Harrow
    i finished RE5 and this feels better to me. i like that you can walk while aiming, aiming is much more satisfying, guns feels better, hits feel better, like they're doing real damage.

if i wanted horror, i'd play dead space or silent hill. i totally get that you guys want this game to be like the old ones but honestly i never cared for RE before RE4 and 5. I played the first one and it was good for back in the day, when i was little.

now silent hill scares the **** out of me...play the PSP version, and see what i mean.
    I agree walking while aiming is better, but that is just another thing that separates an action shooter from survival horror. Taken as an action game I agree that RE6 is pretty good.

Silent Hill Origins for the PSP is my favorite in the series, and definitely better then any other SH game this gen IMO.

Thread Information