Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1626 ... LastLast
    Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I'm just asking why he prefers the X-bone so much already and decided it will be his main system.
    i like people like him who support a console and are not ashamed to hide it. Too many hereon hide behind the "i own this console" argument.
    xbox live: AcrylicAltair44

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    If he just has a lot of faith in Microsoft, then I suppose there's nothing wrong with that.

For me personally, I want to see which product(s) make sense for me. Right now I don't know enough to decide.

Superior Member

If he just has a lot of faith in Microsoft, then I suppose there's nothing wrong with that.

For me personally, I want to see which product(s) make sense for me. Right now I don't know enough to decide.
    most here support a Sony product first, but they are too ashamed to admit it. I personally will wait to see what the game-play feed looks like, but i am currently heavily leaning on getting an Xbox One. I think that way too many are feigning anger, saw it this gen, saw it last gen. See way too much spin peddled as knowledgeable information.

I would rather a member who makes his stand known, however much i may disagree with it but know where they stand rather than see someone take an extremely biased stand and try and say otherwise.

Forum Overseer
    I'm just asking why he prefers the X-bone so much already and decided it will be his main system.
    Faith.

Quote Originally Posted by acryllicaltair View Post
    most here support a Sony product first, but they are too ashamed to admit it. I personally will wait to see what the game-play feed looks like, but i am currently heavily leaning on getting an Xbox One. I think that way too many are feigning anger, saw it this gen, saw it last gen. See way too much spin peddled as knowledgeable information.

I would rather a member who makes his stand known, however much i may disagree with it but know where they stand rather than see someone take an extremely biased stand and try and say otherwise.
    So much hypocrisy in this post.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Faith.

So much hypocrisy in this post.
    really?

Keep fishing.

Soldier 95B
    Probably the same reason some have chosen the PS4 to be their main system?

What is Xbone?

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by acryllicaltair View Post
    really?

Keep fishing.
    Why don't you make your stand known?

e.g.:

I personally will wait to see what the game-play feed looks like

wait to see what the game-play feed

game-play feed

but I'm currently heavily leaning on getting an Xbox One.

Like I was saying, get off your high horse and let your stand be known too as it's clearly coming out from your words.
    No reason to be ashamed bro. I admit I'm a PS fan first and foremost. I mean, sure I wouldn't have been "heavily leaning" on the PS4 without some gameplay or spec info but hey, to each their own right?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Probably the same reason some have chosen the PS4 to be their main system?
    He was very specific about buying both consoles and buying every game on the X-bone unless it was a PS4 exclusive.

I was just curious why he made that decision already. Of course it's most likely brand faith, but I wanted to see if there was some other reason perhaps.

Forum Overseer
    He was very specific about buying both consoles and buying every game on the X-bone unless it was a PS4 exclusive.

I was just curious why he made that decision already. Of course it's most likely brand faith, but I wanted to see if there was some other reason perhaps.
    Maybe he feels that the Live system will still be superior and fun...which I think so too. Maybe not as superior as it used to be but I think they will definitely make strides in making everything more social.

I wouldn't mind switching out Sony's PSN with whatever MS will show us with Live on E3.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Maybe he feels that the Live system will still be superior and fun...which I think so too. Maybe not as superior as it used to be but I think they will definitely make strides in making everything more social.

I wouldn't mind switching out Sony's PSN with whatever MS will show us with Live on E3.
    Of course, but there's still so much we don't know about LIVE and PSN going into next-gen.

With that said, he also might want to contribute to his Xbox gamertag over his PS gamertag.

Soldier 95B

For me I enjoy both. But as a main machine I like Xbox for the games, controller and XBL.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    For me I enjoy both. But as a main machine I like Xbox for the games, controller and XBL.
    Games? Obviously an exclusive is an exclusive, but we don't know which machine will have the better multi-platform games this time, performance-wise.

Also, I haven't held either controller and there's still a ton we don't know about PSN and LIVE.

Forum Overseer
    Games? Obviously an exclusive is an exclusive, but we don't know which machine will have the better multi-platform games this time, performance-wise.

Also, I haven't held either controller and there's still a ton we don't know about PSN and LIVE.
    Well, I think it's safe to say that there's not much else to the PSN other than trivial stuff. It really doesn't need much else anyway, other than maybe more social aspects to it.

The most important things are in there. They're adequate to me as a gamer. I would love Live's (One) features but i ain't payin' for it.

As for games, yea I think PS4 multiplats will be better, and it may either be by far or maybe a margin or a bit of both.

I still don't blame anyone for going the Xbox way as they just prefer it for many reasons as I prefer the PS for many reasons. I really wanted to sell off my PS3 back in 2008 and even 2009 but the things that held me back were things I preferred.

Games are a big part of it but honestly the little things matter too. They want their platform to succeed, I want mine. That's why I stuck around...because I would not want to switch over.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    They want their platform to succeed, I want mine. That's why I stuck around...because I would not want to switch over.
    But the question is why is it 'their platform'?

Flaw3d Genius

Dont think anyone really knows which to buy yet, E3 will have all the answers.

Forum Overseer
    By "their", I mean those who prefer it over others.

So it can be yours too but you're in a certain category if you prefer it over other consoles. You prefer it and it can also be assumed that you want it to succeed the most because you agree with its overall philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Speak for yourself bud.

I was almost sure on the PS4 reveal. XbOne's reveal pretty much gives me a sure understanding that I won't be missing out much.

I may still want the Xbox as a secondary console somewhere down the line if they show Kinect stuff and if media integration is worth it for me.

As a gamer, my decision is clear as a sunny day.
    Last edited by Omar; 05-24-2013 at 18:21.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    That's how I feel. We at least need to go through E3, see the launch line-ups, see how LIVE and PSN have improved, get clarification on used games and always-online, etc.

Yes, Sony focused more on games at their reveal, but E3 can change that. I don't have nearly enough to go on yet.

Forum Overseer
    That's how I feel. We at least need to go through E3, see the launch line-ups, see how LIVE and PSN have improved, get clarification on used games and always-online, etc.

Yes, Sony focused more on games at their reveal, but E3 can change that. I don't have nearly enough to go on yet.
    Ok, anything "could" happen but the specs aren't changing. That's one win for me. I wouldn't care for specs if I just didn't prefer anything about the system but I do.

Next, if PS4 has used games blocked, whatever. I'll just delay my purchase, it won't be at launch then. I'll have to then see the entire picture first. It's possible and likely that they might just give developers the choice and not mandate it. But I already know XbOne is doing it. Easy decision.

PSN vs Live, whatever PSN has already shown is good enough for me. I would prefer some social aspects to it but really, everything after this is a plus. If PSN charges for the gaming features (highly unlikely) then we will see. So far so good.

Games. Umm...that's a no-brainer lol. Again, highly unlikely Sony isn't going to be even better than last time. Just no way in hell. The developers love the console, Sony's always been open about their platform and online system...logic tells me I have nothing to worry about and there are great things to come. also there will be planet side 2 on PS4.

Really man...even if we look at all the unknown stuff, most likely the PS4 is going to come out on top in features for a gamer.

I don't need to wait for E3...E3 is just going to close the deal. My mind is already made up.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Ok, anything "could" happen but the specs aren't changing. That's one win for me. I wouldn't care for specs if I just didn't prefer anything about the system but I do.

Next, if PS4 has used games blocked, whatever. I'll just delay my purchase, it won't be at launch then. I'll have to then see the entire picture first. It's possible and likely that they might just give developers the choice and not mandate it. But I already know XbOne is doing it. Easy decision.

PSN vs Live, whatever PSN has already shown is good enough for me. I would prefer some social aspects to it but really, everything after this is a plus. If PSN charges for the gaming features (highly unlikely) then we will see. So far so good.

Games. Umm...that's a no-brainer lol. Again, highly unlikely Sony isn't going to be even better than last time. Just no way in hell. The developers love the console, Sony's always been open about their platform and online system...logic tells me I have nothing to worry about and there are great things to come. also there will be planet side 2 on PS4.

Really man...even if we look at all the unknown stuff, most likely the PS4 is going to come out on top in features for a gamer.

I don't need to wait for E3...E3 is just going to close the deal. My mind is already made up.
    Well, I'd say if the following things happened, the decision will be more interesting:

-PSN gaming is no longer free
    -Microsoft showcases a very impressive line-up of games, while Sony underwhelms and focuses more on lame stuff
    -Sony also requires an internet connection for PS4
    -Sony also ties games to your account. Used games become complicated.
    -The HDD is too small
    -Microsoft makes far more improvements to LIVE than Sony does with PSN

That's just off the top of my head. And there could be other factors, since we don't know what we don't know.

Flaw3d Genius
    By "their", I mean those who prefer it over others.

So it can be yours too but you're in a certain category if you prefer it over other consoles. You prefer it and it can also be assumed that you want it to succeed the most because you agree with its overall philosophy.

Speak for yourself bud.

I was almost sure on the PS4 reveal. XbOne's reveal pretty much gives me a sure understanding that I won't be missing out much.

I may still want the Xbox as a secondary console somewhere down the line if they show Kinect stuff and if media integration is worth it for me.

As a gamer, my decision is clear as a sunny day.
    Well we knew long before the Xbox launch games would not be shown they are being held off until E3.

Flaw3d Genius

Yep as a gamer of course it's only natural to lean towards PS4...since they showed off games rather than the console and what it does. I'd put money on Sony at E3 telling us alot more about the console and what feature's it will be able to pull off. People think PS4 is a 100% games machine...I reckon 0% of that, Sony will have things up their multimedia sleeve, While MS has shown the console off and now they can concentrate on the games.

The problem is...if we wait to pre order at E3 will we get a console on release or do we need to pre order now!
    Last edited by Flaw3d Genius; 05-24-2013 at 18:49.

Forum Overseer
    Well, I'd say if the following things happened, the decision will be more interesting:

-PSN gaming is no longer free
    Not going to happen...it wouldn't go with their philosophy especially since Vita has it for free. It wouldn't make sense. Now a pay wall for some extra features, I get...for normal gaming, no way.
    -Microsoft showcases a very impressive line-up of games, while Sony underwhelms and focuses more on lame stuff
    We're talking about a big coincidence. Most likely the opposite will happen.

It makes no sense to hold off this impressive line-up and at least share it at reveal. makes no sense to me. at least should've shown one impressive gateway to next-gen on reveal. just one should be required. otherwise don't reveal. so yea, don't know if that will happen. i think the best case scenario for MS is that both show impressive titles. Sure as heck won't be the other way around lol.
    -Sony also requires an internet connection for PS4
    Why? Again, highly unlikely. they would hint towards it if they did have this.
    -Sony also ties games to your account. Used games become complicated.
    I can see this happening but I don't think it will be as strict as Xbone. I think they will let the dev decide game by game basis.
    -The HDD is too small
    If it is, don't care. I don't buy online anyway. This would also mean that we're not being charged extra for HDD as well. I can always upgrade it myself. If they gave a choice, I'd rather put the HDD myself.
    -Microsoft makes far more improvements to LIVE than Sony does with PSN
    I certainly see this happening. I think there is a lot more to Live they didn't go in. But how much will the Live cost...makes me feel neutral about it. Ok, you get what you pay for right? Well, I don't wanna pay for what I'm getting there. don't care how amazing it is. if i preferred the system, sure I'd dive in. but with PSN in the state it's in, wouldn't pay for that either...now if Live was on PS4, then I might.

That's just off the top of my head. And there could be other factors, since we don't know what we don't know.
    Yea but you're expecting a streaking PS4 to do bad and yet Xbone that hasn't really shown a single true convincing thing. I'm definitely expecting the Xbone to do much better at E3 because they didn't go into Kinect integration and of course the games and the system itself...but really, it's more of an uphill battle for MS from here on out than Sony. We know who has more resources and in a better position with games at this point.
    Well we knew long before the Xbox launch games would not be shown they are being held off until E3.
    How?

Apprentice
    Just chiming in to say that I was not impressed with the Xbone reveal. I will refrain from saying I won't get it because only E3 will bee the deciding factor for me. If E3 consists of Halo, GoW, Forza and fable and then a bunch of smaller titles then count me out. If that's the lineup then might as well keep my 360 since nothing has changed. They need to give gamers a new and exciting reason to want to jump to next gen. Having that's monstrous VCR as a controller is not a good reason to do it. This is my opinion of course

Sent from my Nexus 4

Flaw3d Genius

How?
    Not sure what your question is? How did we know games wont be shown at the reveal or how did they hold off the games till E3?

Forum Overseer
    Not sure what your question is? How did we know games wont be shown at the reveal or how did they hold off the games till E3?
    How do we know they weren't going to show games at reveal?

Thread Information