Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation

Can and should women handle this kind of job?

In prison, you have women officers. When the women officers walk down the cell's halls, the male inmates notice. There's a word for what happens next, it said so on the documentary but I can't remember and can't find it.

Imagine you're a woman, doing your job and you're just walking and these male inmates pull out their $#@! and start masterbating to you. This act is the equivalent to rape and has a psychological effect on some of the women guards and workers.

You have the right to work ANY kind of job you want. It's the USA and this is true in other countries too. However, do YOU think women should work with male inmates because of acts like that? Can women, even the toughest women, handle it after so many years without breaking down and having scars? Remember, it's the equivalent of being raped.

Me? That's the last kind of job I would want to work. I probably couldn't work it because I'm disabled anyway. If I wasn't disabled, I'd work with the women. I just don't think a woman should work it, because no matter how tough you are, man or woman, it's going to break you down.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    It's their choice to be there. I know that they pay well but if you can't handle such pressure: Leave!

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    it falls down to individual women tbh

everybody has different levels of tolerance.

something woman shouldn't be able to do is to join the army
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The reason to have guards is to make sure prisoners stay in line. These men are murderers, rapists, molesters, thieves, etc. These men to pass the time workout every day at the prison gym. If a woman thinks she is capable of handling this job then i say let them try but i personally think this job shouldnt be for any gender. They should have robots that taze and have knockout gas ready at an instant.

Apprentice
    Umm no. I don't like that kind of jobs and Im too cute so NO!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    What about men in female prisons?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    What about men in female prisons?
    I haven't seen men with problems like that in female prisons.

Friendship is Carrots
    Should they? Sure. Just as long as they're knowing of what job they've signed up for. That said, this kind of stuff isn't exactly common. Women officers are rarely on the men's side (this is more due to most officers being male), and prisoners are usually behind solid doors now.

The funny thing here is that, at least from my mother's experience (she's a nurse at a prison holding both genders), the women are actually much, much nastier and more foul than the men are.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Remember, it's the equivalent of being raped.
    About 75% of rapes are by a person the victim knows and trusts, and it normally leaves them both physically and emotionality scarred, the latter of which can last for years or decades. This damage can impact their personality and view of life greatly, sometimes driving people to suicide or to never trust and love again.

So please don't downplay the effects of rape by comparing it to some guy gripping his $#@! near a woman.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Women can do all kinds of jobs.

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Women should be making sammichs.
    On a serious note, I believe a woman is can handle herself in real life situations. In fact many women today are strong and independent!

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I don't see why not, its the scummers in the prison that need to be brought into line.

I wouldn't want to be jailer prison officer though for similar type reasons.

Elite Member
    If they want to do the job and are prepared for the emotional stress, then I don't see why not. I'm sure being a prison guard isn't easy on anyone.

Tapatalking from my bed. Ya mutha says hi.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    About 75% of rapes are by a person the victim knows and trusts, and it normally leaves them both physically and emotionality scarred, the latter of which can last for years or decades. This damage can impact their personality and view of life greatly, sometimes driving people to suicide or to never trust and love again.

So please don't downplay the effects of rape by comparing it to some guy gripping his $#@! near a woman.
    Thank you. I didn't have the words to express my annoyance.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

El Presidente
    Inmate whips out his $#@! and starts masturbating to her? Well it isn't so funny anymore when she comes over, takes her baton and snaps his $#@! in half :thumbup:

Women can work any job they are able to. I personally would not work in a prison.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    This doesn't depend if you are a woman or not. It depends if you as a person can handle that.

I'd like to know what happens when an inmate "rapes" like that a prison guard (being male or female). Can you press charges? Do you beat their hard-on off with the other guards, sticks and tasers?

On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Yeah she can do that job but if you ask me she shouldn't - especially not in the male block.

Apprentice

A guy masturbating to a woman in front of her is not the same thing as a woman being raped. This isn't going to be a popular opinion but I don't think that women should do that kind of work. One of a few scenarios happens. They usually have something to proove since they are in an environement dominated by men, so they are more prone to abusing their authority. Some women get too flirty with everyone that looks their way. Some women just can't handle the job the same as a guy. Women physically are not as strong as men. in this particular example, if a prisoner has to be physically restrained, one or two guys may be able to do it. But if you have to fight a guy and restrain him, with a woman partner chances are it may wind up being a one on one situation.

But as I said that is just a brief example. I could go on. Im not saying women are not capable but they don't need to be in a law enforcement setting. There are some females that could not handle the butch type of female inmates. But women do have the right to work in that type of environment if they choose to I just don't think they should unless its only dealing with females. One thing that drives me crazy is some women that think they are as tough or tougher than men and try to act like they are 6 foot 5 inches tall and weigh 300 pounds of muscle, but in reality they are barely 100 pounds wet and if you took away the uniform it would be a different story of toughness if they were tested. Some of the women put on a uniform and all of a sudden they feel tougher but in reality are very weak. I have seen more women in law enforcement get what they wanted by crying...yes crying. So again. NO women should not be allowed to do that type of job unless they were only dealing with the same sex all the time.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    In prison, you have women officers. When the women officers walk down the cell's halls, the male inmates notice. There's a word for what happens next, it said so on the documentary but I can't remember and can't find it.

Imagine you're a woman, doing your job and you're just walking and these male inmates pull out their $#@! and start masterbating to you. This act is the equivalent to rape and has a psychological effect on some of the women guards and workers.

You have the right to work ANY kind of job you want. It's the USA and this is true in other countries too. However, do YOU think women should work with male inmates because of acts like that? Can women, even the toughest women, handle it after so many years without breaking down and having scars? Remember, it's the equivalent of being raped.

Me? That's the last kind of job I would want to work. I probably couldn't work it because I'm disabled anyway. If I wasn't disabled, I'd work with the women. I just don't think a woman should work it, because no matter how tough you are, man or woman, it's going to break you down.
    Meh, if test thoroughly I don't see a problem with women being given the opportunity, but if they can't handle it they should be terminated.

Here's an interesting story about 4 female prison guards being impregnated by the same inmate...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...y-same-inmate/
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

Well there old enough to work in a prison they probably grew out of there previous mindset that masturbation is groce

Elite Guru
    Taking aside that I strongly disagree it's an equivalent to rape and think you're massively trivialising rape by suggesting so, you'd be surprised what people will do if the salary is sufficient.

Women all over the place are doing this very job so it's yes, on both counts.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    Taking aside that I strongly disagree it's an equivalent to rape and think you're massively trivialising rape by suggesting so, you'd be surprised what people will do if the salary is sufficient.

Women all over the place are doing this very job so it's yes, on both counts.
    Yeah, I'd have to agree here.... equivalent to rape? Not even close to rape! Not sure how these two can even be compared to each other.
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Items Vita
    I agree with the above two posts, people play the rape card way too often. these same people are most likely the ones who go on about "Rape Culture".

Indecent exposure is not and isn't ever remotely close to the act of rape, thats a ridiculous notion. Rape is rape, theres no alternative definition.

The King has Returned

Super Elite
    There are lots of strong women out there I don't think it is if you are physically strong, I think it is whether your mentally strong to carry out this kind of job.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Veteran
    Okay then, it's not rape, but "gunning" is still mentally damaging.

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/01/31/St..._who_sue.shtml

I still think men can handle gunning better than women and thus handle the job better. It's how men and women think. Women are just emotional creatures, not saying there are not emotional men out there.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Items Vita
    Well if they cant handle it then they should just quit or ask for a transfer elsewhere. Besides that, someone who works in a prison should grow thick skin, it is a prison afterall its hardly going to be a tea party...

The King has Returned

Thread Information