Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34
  1. #1
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alone in the Cold
    Posts
    13,493
    Rep Power
    113
    Points
    39,697 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    New Interview - No headset included with the console. Kinect will be mic.

    https://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...c-whitten.aspx

    Video in the link


    • They want to implement live streaming of games. Think its a "really cool" idea.
    • Pre-owned games can be sold.
    • Hints that they wanted always-online to be 24/7 in order for the Cloud computing to enhance games through e.g. extra enemy A.I and increase the field of vision in games. Cloud seems to be huge for them
    • Acknowledges Sony has faster RAM but can't do comparison as he doesn't know the full capability of their hardware/OS, but believes XB1 games will look just as good if not better
    • Acknowledges around 3GB of RAM reserved for OS
    • Xbox Live fundamentals will remain the same
    • Nothing concrete in terms of creating a backlog for 360 games to be made compatible on XB1, but if it does happen, the popular 360 games will be there first
    • Plan to make family households with multiple consoles/accounts have access to more content in response to whether they will be discounts for family Gold members
    • Nothing to confirm yet on what cable companies will be compatible with XB1's TV/DVR functionality. Probably still negotiating.
    • No headset included with console. Kinect will be default device acting as microphone

    -----------------------------------------------------
    EDIT
    I got an article thats sort of a update for this one.

    Microsoft: 'Only Xbox One controllers, accessories will work with the new console.'

    http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/22/mi...will-work-wit/


    So your 360 headsets wont work on the new controller and they want you to buy the new Xbox One headset.
    Last edited by HellsJester; 05-22-2013 at 10:10.





  2. #2
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,006
    Rep Power
    113
    Points
    43,906 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    https://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...c-whitten.aspx

    Video in the link


    • They want to implement live streaming of games. Think its a "really cool" idea.
    • Pre-owned games can be sold.
    • Hints that they wanted always-online to be 24/7 in order for the Cloud computing to enhance games through e.g. extra enemy A.I and increase the field of vision in games. Cloud seems to be huge for them
    • Acknowledges Sony has faster RAM but can't do comparison as he doesn't know the full capability of their hardware/OS, but believes XB1 games will look just as good if not better
    • Acknowledges around 3GB of RAM reserved for OS
    • Xbox Live fundamentals will remain the same
    • Nothing concrete in terms of creating a backlog for 360 games to be made compatible on XB1, but if it does happen, the popular 360 games will be there first
    • Plan to make family households with multiple consoles/accounts have access to more content in response to whether they will be discounts for family Gold members
    • Nothing to confirm yet on what cable companies will be compatible with XB1's TV/DVR functionality. Probably still negotiating.
    • No headset included with console. Kinect will be default device acting as microphone
    Seems a bit odd considering this video:

    http://kotaku.com/the-tiny-cool-deta...ller-509188976

  3. #3
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alone in the Cold
    Posts
    13,493
    Rep Power
    113
    Points
    39,697 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Seems a bit odd considering this video:

    http://kotaku.com/the-tiny-cool-deta...ller-509188976
    Whats odd about that?
    All your video said was it has a port for a headset. The interview i posted never said it doesnt support a headset. It said there wont be one in the box and until you buy one separately you have to use the Kinect for the mic.





  4. #4
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,006
    Rep Power
    113
    Points
    43,906 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    Whats odd about that?
    All your video said was it has a port for a headset. The interview i posted never said it doesnt support a headset. It said there wont be one in the box and until you buy one separately you have to use the Kinect for the mic.
    Seems odd that they wouldn't bundle a headset to make use of the increased bandwidth of that port. I don't think that many people will elect to buy (a likely proprietary) headset of so so quality separately.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    snooper71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Posts
    4,438
    Rep Power
    92
    Points
    16,412 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    https://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...c-whitten.aspx

    Video in the link


    • They want to implement live streaming of games. Think its a "really cool" idea.
    • Pre-owned games can be sold.
    • Hints that they wanted always-online to be 24/7 in order for the Cloud computing to enhance games through e.g. extra enemy A.I and increase the field of vision in games. Cloud seems to be huge for them
    • Acknowledges Sony has faster RAM but can't do comparison as he doesn't know the full capability of their hardware/OS, but believes XB1 games will look just as good if not better
    • Acknowledges around 3GB of RAM reserved for OS
    • Xbox Live fundamentals will remain the same
    • Nothing concrete in terms of creating a backlog for 360 games to be made compatible on XB1, but if it does happen, the popular 360 games will be there first
    • Plan to make family households with multiple consoles/accounts have access to more content in response to whether they will be discounts for family Gold members
    • Nothing to confirm yet on what cable companies will be compatible with XB1's TV/DVR functionality. Probably still negotiating.
    • No headset included with console. Kinect will be default device acting as microphone
    New strategy to defeat bosses... Disconnect internet!!!!

    No headsets? Gaming console strategies:
    Nintendo, evolve input methods, slightly improve old HW
    SONY, No HDD, No headset.... Next gen include HDD in all SKUS... Next gen after, include HDD AND headsets with all SKUS
    Microsoft, include HDD and headset in all consoles... next gen, include headset in all SKUS, split base by removing HDD in some SKUS next gen after, remove headsets from all SKUS
    It appears SONY is the only console maker to improve their SKUS with each new generation while MS back pedals and Nintendo plays catch up...
    Last edited by snooper71; 05-22-2013 at 09:31.


    Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

  6. #6
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alone in the Cold
    Posts
    13,493
    Rep Power
    113
    Points
    39,697 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I got an article thats sort of a update for this one.
    Microsoft: 'Only Xbox One controllers, accessories will work with the new console.'
    http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/22/mi...will-work-wit/


    So your 360 headsets wont work on the new controller and they want you to buy the new Xbox One headset.





  7. #7
    Veteran
    snooper71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Posts
    4,438
    Rep Power
    92
    Points
    16,412 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    I got an article thats sort of a update for this one.
    Microsoft: 'Only Xbox One controllers, accessories will work with the new console.'
    http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/22/mi...will-work-wit/


    So your 360 headsets wont work on the new controller and they want you to buy the new Xbox One headset.
    Considering MS, Nintendo and SONY make profits on Software and accessories, I'm never expecting previous gen accessories to be compatible with next gen systems. So this does not surprise me nor does it bother me.

    Actually, I may be cynical in most my recent postings in the MS threads following the reveal, but most of what is announced does not bother me on a personal level except the Kinect having to be connected. Even so, it will be pointed at my cats litter box!!!


    Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

  8. #8
    Master Guru
    MjW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,463
    Rep Power
    97
    Points
    6,921 (44,164 Banked)
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS

    New Interview - No headset included with the console. Kinect will be mic.

    Doesn't the new controller have a mic input like the 360 controller? If yes that would make a headset very cheap to buy or include. Except if there is no mic input anymore.

    But I take this move as an other sign showing the direction MS is heading.


    On the move with Tapatalk
    Last edited by MjW; 05-22-2013 at 11:21.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

    .

  9. #9
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    22,962
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    108,400 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    But will it have HDMI cables?!

  10. Likes Admartian likes this post
  11. #10
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,122
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    147,835 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This will piss me off if my two 5.1 headsets don't work with it.




  12. #11
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post


    • They want to implement live streaming of games. Think its a "really cool" idea.
    • Pre-owned games can be sold.
    • Hints that they wanted always-online to be 24/7 in order for the Cloud computing to enhance games through e.g. extra enemy A.I and increase the field of vision in games. Cloud seems to be huge for them
    • Acknowledges Sony has faster RAM but can't do comparison as he doesn't know the full capability of their hardware/OS, but believes XB1 games will look just as good if not better
    • Acknowledges around 3GB of RAM reserved for OS
    • Xbox Live fundamentals will remain the same
    • Nothing concrete in terms of creating a backlog for 360 games to be made compatible on XB1, but if it does happen, the popular 360 games will be there first
    • Plan to make family households with multiple consoles/accounts have access to more content in response to whether they will be discounts for family Gold members
    • Nothing to confirm yet on what cable companies will be compatible with XB1's TV/DVR functionality. Probably still negotiating.
    • No headset included with console. Kinect will be default device acting as microphone


    The last two suck. Seems like they should know which TV companies would support this. No headset sucks too.

    The other 8 are pretty sweet though.

  13. #12
    Master Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,532
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    16,338 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    People was having problems watching the stream on their 360s while having kinect attached due to the commands being given to kinect 2 at the conference. Imagine someone getting their butt kicked online and they start yelling out commands to screw up things on your end.

    That's not good.


  14. #13
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    22,962
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    108,400 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    People was having problems watching the stream on their 360s while having kinect attached due to the commands being given to kinect 2 at the conference. Imagine someone getting their butt kicked online and they start yelling out commands to screw up things on your end.

    That's not good.
    I totally just imagined someones miffed mom walking in on their kid in the middle of an online game or something and saying "Why don't you turn the XBOX OFF and do your homework...
    aaaaaaaand queue another Youtube rage video.

  15. #14
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,950
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    70,946 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    People was having problems watching the stream on their 360s while having kinect attached due to the commands being given to kinect 2 at the conference. Imagine someone getting their butt kicked online and they start yelling out commands to screw up things on your end.

    That's not good.
    lol I never thought about that problem.

    When I play COD, I'm gonna shout 'Xbox watch porn!" and put porn on everyone's TV.


  16. #15
    Master Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,532
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    16,338 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    lol I never thought about that problem.

    When I play COD, I'm gonna shout 'Xbox watch porn!" and put porn on everyone's TV.

    kids get their console taken away


  17. #16
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,236
    Rep Power
    99
    Points
    27,375 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Seems odd that they wouldn't bundle a headset to make use of the increased bandwidth of that port. I don't think that many people will elect to buy (a likely proprietary) headset of so so quality separately.
    They are bundling Kinect which has a mic and if it works well, do they really need to include a separate headset?

  18. #17
    Veteran
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,908
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    151,367 (0 Banked)
    Items Protect yourself
    I can understand if they didn't want to have the cost of including a headset with the console, but they should leave the option to plug a headset into the controller for people that want to use it. I don't own a 360, so that is one feature I am severely looking forward to with the PS4! It is just nuts that they removed that...

    -=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

  19. #18
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Vulgotha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,953
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    108,860 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Laughed at the "just as good if not better" part.


  20. #19
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,006
    Rep Power
    113
    Points
    43,906 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    They are bundling Kinect which has a mic and if it works well, do they really need to include a separate headset?
    You don't see any issues in a microphone placed several feet from where you are (and how background noise affects it). Or how you can clearly get game and communication audio through the same speakers?

  21. #20
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,236
    Rep Power
    99
    Points
    27,375 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    You don't see any issues in a microphone placed several feet from where you are (and how background noise affects it). Or how you can clearly get game and communication audio through the same speakers?
    The PSeye had that capability and for the most part it was pretty good at eliminating background noise from the background (not always -- also depends on placement). I imagine that Kinect 2 is going to be better at it.

  22. #21
    Forum Elder
    Yungstar 2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    tyneside
    Posts
    2,971
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    28,649 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    You don't see any issues in a microphone placed several feet from where you are (and how background noise affects it). Or how you can clearly get game and communication audio through the same speakers?
    i've not used a head set since i got Kinect on release. so can't see the need for one with Kinect 2.0 and i've yet to experience any conflicts with background sound.

    and no, when they were saying Xbox during the reveal, my Kinect did not respond.

  23. #22
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,122
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    44,848 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    But will it have HDMI cables?!
    *DREAM SEQUENCE INITIATED*
    Person1: "SMH. I can't believe Sony didn't include headsets in the PS3. What a dumb thing to do especially with the Xbox 360 doing it. Just dumb.

    Person2: "I know, right? What's next, they're not gonna add an HDMI!?!?!????"

    BOTH: *LAUGHTER*

    Person1: "Yeah; good thing the 360 doesn't require an HDMI. But if it did, it should always have one included"
    Person2: "Agreed".
    *END SEQUENCE*

    I remember the days with the PS3 being lambasted and laughed at for this very thing. Let's hope the internet is consistent...
    I am the oncoming storm.



  24. #23
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    14,674
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    36,384 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    Considering MS, Nintendo and SONY make profits on Software and accessories, I'm never expecting previous gen accessories to be compatible with next gen systems. So this does not surprise me nor does it bother me.

    Actually, I may be cynical in most my recent postings in the MS threads following the reveal, but most of what is announced does not bother me on a personal level except the Kinect having to be connected. Even so, it will be pointed at my cats litter box!!!
    and how does your cat feel about that?

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

  25. #24
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,122
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    44,848 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    and how does your cat feel about that?

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    snooper71 to cat: ​#DealWithIt
    I am the oncoming storm.



  26. #25
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    14,674
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    36,384 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    snooper71 to cat: ​#DealWithIt
    Lol

    As long as my Sony pulse works, ill be fine...a pulse 2.0 will be welcomed too if they decide to make one

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.