Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce

How NOT to review Dust 514

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/0...ust-514-review

this is the perfect example of how game journalists should NOT review a game.

you know the journalist has no writing skill when they resort to making $#@! up

PSU's review is a perfect example of how to dothings proper:
    http://www.psu.com/a019471/DUST-514-...-theyre-in-yet
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

2. Likes Lancer Cole, Ghost likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Wow...Scrambler rifles behind a paywall and $5 sniper rifles? LOL SMH

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Items DoomVita
    2 game modes (try 3/4+ a variation)
    manual of text (discriptions are mostly flavor, i dont think the sickness and physical deterioation people get from my R9 Uplink is an actual game effect)
    Modifiyers (do make a diffrence, fool. try a Cardiac Regulator and Armor Plates, then take away the Regulator)
    3 Dropsuits that make no diffrence (try a light suit and then a heavy, tell me what ya think)
    Oh noes i lose my weapons worst game ever (the 200k ISK you get at the end of a match isnt enough for more??
    i spent money on a gun i want to keep it forever, whats a blueprint?? (Do you even know what EVE is?)
    Skilltree like lots of Skills like EVE, why is this? (See above)
    CCP didnt roll out the entire EVE-DUST connection on launch, is all bad! (Because that couldnt possibly be a distaster)

what the $#@!??

The King has Returned

5. Likes Lancer Cole likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Welcome to the difference between someone who knows what they are reviewing and someone who doesn't, and doesn't want to...and probably wants to gt it done ASAP so they can jump back on Call of Derp.

PSN ID
    BlackSamson69@aol.com
    LMAO!!!!

"you know the journalist has no writing skill when they resort to making $#@! up" - Fijiandoce

8. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Evan contributed this to the comments:

That was one of the most infuriating reviews I've ever read. I lost track of how many things he got completely wrong...not matters of opinion, simple misrepresentation of the facts. Lets take a look at just a couple of the flat out bull this guy was spewing.

"If you drop $5 on a sniper rifle, eventually it will run out"
    For one, you can get that exact same rifle using in-game currency (which you constantly earn mind you). Secondly an AUR weapon will generally set you back what....1-2 cents? Anyone with a job can easily afford a few AUR items every once in a while and not even notice the cost. If you don't want to lose real world cash? DONT USE AUR.

In addition, if you could buy unlimited uses of one weapon with money, I just know you morons would start crying "OMG P2W!!"

"This scrambler rifle is only available if you dish out real cash"
    Also bull. All AUR weapons and suits can be purchased with ISK. ISK variants will take some additional training, but that's to offer some incentive for AUR gear. Do your research and get over it.

"There is no substance behind the game modes"
    So how much experience in Faction Warfare did you have? What about Planetary Conquest? How much time did you spend with a player-run Corp? How much time and how many vehicles did you call in? How many Orbital Strikes did you call in from an EVE pilot in space? I'm not talking about the crappy WarBarge strikes, I'm talking about the good ones that you can only get from an EVE pilot? I'm guessing the answer is none on all accounts.

Good job buddy, you played 10% of the game. Clearly got a good idea of everything the game offers.

"Often you're leveling up skills which you don't care about and do nothing"
    95% of the skills in the game offer additional benefits per-level other than unlocking. Did you bother to read the skill descriptions? Im guessing not.

There are a few exceptions where the skill is only used to unlock other skills, but often its tied to unlocking multiple other skills, which you will likely need anyways. So you should care about them, because they're actually useful.

"Dust514 shoves a ton of text in your face and leaves you to study on your own time"
    Oh I'm sorry, would you prefer they not tell you how to level up skills or fit your suit? I mean, clearly learning critical game mechanics early on is a terrible idea.

Yes there is a lot of information, the game is deep and complicated. Would you prefer they force you to learn every detail about planetary conquest immediately when you're still green? Or would you prefer they say "Hey, the information is over here when you want to take a look at it." I know reading is difficult for some but I think most can manage when it's actually important. I'm sorry if its more complicated than Call of Duty which an 8 year old can understand immediately, perhaps Dust is just too much for some peoples' minds to handle.

PSU Reviews Editor, Hit Series Creator
    PSN ID
    MelegantPrime
    I feel ashamed for the narrator for whoever wrote him that garbage review. If Dust is a dull point and shoot what does that say about every other FPS? Looks like Skip and Max will have a fun time next week.

11. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Items DoomVita
    So many people flapping their keys about Pay to Win, $#@! i have an alt character with just pistol weapons, infact he had the best pistol in game, and guess what. it flattens any AUR pistols.

AUR weapons are essential tasters for the next level of SP. if you play enough you can outgear anyone who does nothing but buy AUR gear, easily

The King has Returned

Thread Information