PSU Live Streamer

Super Stardust Spiritual Successor Coming to PlayStation 4

Anyone else enjoy this series? I loved playing this game on my ps3/psp.
    This is great new imo.

Housemarque has announced it's creating a spiritual successor to the Super Stardust franchise, exclusively for the PlayStation 4.
    The developer, which has also created titles like Dead Nation and Outland, revealed that while the game didn't have a title as yet, it'd be available exclusively on Sony's next-gen console.
    CEO Ilari Kuittinen said, "We are super excited to be working on Sony’s next-gen hardware. The platform’s performances are enabling us to do things that wouldn’t be possible otherwise and we truly believe that better technology can lead to better gameplay. The more tools and resources we have at our disposal, the better.
    "Think of Super Stardust HD: at the time, PlayStation 3 gave us the opportunity to populate the game with thousands of interactive objects and implement the game’s famous ‘spherical gameplay’. Today, we can take advantage of the architecture of PlayStation 4 to create incredible visuals with direct impact on the way the new game feels."
    The company has also announced its working on a second project, again exclusively for the PS4, though no further details were revealed. More information on both games is due to be released in the coming months.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/05/2...-playstation-4
    Last edited by shepard; 05-23-2013 at 15:10.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Nice. Hopefully the second project is a Dead Nation successor. That was my favorite co-op game from last gen.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Nice. Hopefully the second project is a Dead Nation successor. That was my favorite co-op game from last gen.
    Same! I loved Dead Nation. But wasn't the developer of Dead Nation the same ppl who made Outland or something? '

Speaking of Outland, on a second thought, I think Outland is my favourite co-op game ever. Infact it's one of my favourite games period. The music/art style/challenges/bosses/co-op made it such an amazing experience. I literally laughed my ass off (ok not literally) failing together with my co-op friend (who was some random guy from Netherlands). The noise your character would make when you died coupled with our effort to really not screw up made it so hilarious.
    Last edited by KungMartin90; 05-23-2013 at 15:38.

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Raystorm has to be my favorite shoot em' up. If its more like that, I'd pick it up in a heartbeat.

Also...too much to ask for maybe but transformable spaceships/jets into mechs? Pretty please?

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Best news of the month. So keen. SSHD ad SSD were amazing. Didn't play the PSP version though

Via Tapatalk

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    Same! I loved Dead Nation. But wasn't the developer of Dead Nation the same ppl who made Outland or something? '
    Yeah, they created all three of those games.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I can't wait for the next Superstar Dust! I had so much fun playing that game. First game I earned a trophy on! Such a great game and very cool looking game visually.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III

Super Star Dust spiratual successor coming to PS4!

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/23/su...playstation-4/

OH BOY!!! Can't effin wait for this! They will be able to do more amazing things than the PS3? HOLY $h17!!!

Finnish developer Housemarque announced today that it's working on a "spiritual successor" to the Super Stardust series for the PlayStation 4.

Housemarque's twin-stick shooter Super Stardust HD launched as a downloadable title during the PlayStation 3's first year of release. The company followed up with the PS3-exclusive zombie shooter Dead Nation and the multiplatform Outland, and made its PS Vita debut last year with Super Stardust Delta.

"We truly believe that better technology can lead to better gameplay," Housemarque's CEO Ilari Kuittinen explains. "The more tools and resources we have at our disposal, the better."

Kuittinen continues: "Think of Super Stardust HD: at the time, PlayStation 3 gave us the opportunity to populate the game with thousands of interactive objects and implement the game's famous 'spherical gameplay'. Today, we can take advantage of the architecture of PlayStation 4 to create incredible visuals with direct impact on the way the new game feels."

Housemarque additionally revealed that it is working on "another unannounced PS4 project." The company will announce further details regarding both games later this year.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Up there as the best bit of news regarding PS4 to date.

$#@!ing ace

Ultimate Veteran
    Me and my ex used to play that game for hours on end lol

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Nakatomi_Uk
    Items Intel Core i7PS3 SlimFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Loved SSD HD on PS3 still play it to this day when I want to blast some time away one of the best PSN games out there, hopefully the PS4 edition will have 4 player co-op or something to play with your friends

Win 7 Ult 64bit, Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Rev.1/Bios F8 , INTEL i7 2600k 3.40ghz, Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB DDR3 1866mhz (1600mhz@1.60v), Crucial 128GB M4 SSD, Seagate 500GB 7,200rpm, Hitachi 1TB 7,200rpm (Back-Up HDD), HIS 7850 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E Card, OCZ Fatality 750 Mod PSU, LG DVD-RAM RW

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Updator
    Great news.
    I can read your thoughts.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Merged F34R's thread with shepard's

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    X-x-Stallion-x-X
    Items PS3 Fat
    Online coop pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

Don't go around believing that Great Wizards solve all your problems, because there aren't any and they don't and I should know because I'm not one...

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    jhuff
    Very cool news. I'm excited about a new Super Stardust. Of course, I was TERRIBLE at that game for YEARS. So frustrated I stopped playing it. But when I got my new TV last year and could start playing it in 3D that all changed. I tried it again after years, just so I could see how 3D worked with games and my TV and to my surprise found that I was suddenly good at it! Something about seeing it all in 3D makes it much easier for me. If I turn the 3D off, I'm pretty terrible again, so go figure. Stardust got me using 3D in games though and that's a good thing. While I don't watch movies in 3D all the time, I do enjoy gaming in 3D most of the time where it's possible. So while I would have said I didn't care at all about Super Stardust a few years ago, I'm looking forward to a sequel now!

All you have to decide is what to do with the time give to you....
    http://www.woodchuckproductions.net

Elite Member
    Super Stardust and Dead Nation are godlike.

I'm very happy to hear this.
    I talk to myself because I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

Forum Guru
    Yup, a great news.
    I cannot wait to see what they do with the new machine.
    'no, no one in their sane mind uses OpenGL on PS3' - Repi
    'nope, PS3 uses a wonderful low-level API called libgcm' - Repi

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I'ma play through DN again some time.

Thread Information