Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
Results 26 to 43 of 43
  1. #26
    Newbie
    Exunionx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Hays, KS
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    158 (0 Banked)
    Why doesn't Sony just pay them a boat load of money and make it a exclusive? or is that just a terrible idea?

  2. #27
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    197
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    2,285 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exunionx View Post
    Why doesn't Sony just pay them a boat load of money and make it a exclusive? or is that just a terrible idea?
    I think it should be exclusive as well. It just looks too good.

  3. #28
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    12,910
    Rep Power
    136
    Points
    62,743 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Exunionx View Post
    Why doesn't Sony just pay them a boat load of money and make it a exclusive? or is that just a terrible idea?
    Sony doesn't have boat loads of money at their disposal.




    Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

  4. #29
    Forum Elder
    RedOrb_Collector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,933
    Rep Power
    101
    Points
    12,646 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    It's smarter too, people KNOW those other games are multiplatform..whereas because Sony have so far been the only ones talking about Destiny it makes it look more like an exclusive and people know Bungie made Halo....if Sony can make people start associating Destiny with the PlayStation brand it will bode very well for them.
    Funny enough, I've seen an example of this myself first hand with one of my co-workers. She's a gamer (more on the casual side) too and she said something of the effect of "OMG you know one of the new things about the PS4?! Its going to play Halo!"

    I knew she meant this game, but she knew no better, and I just said "oh really?!" and left it at that. Laughed to myself quite a bit.

  5. #30
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,816
    Rep Power
    109
    Points
    39,352 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    It's smarter too, people KNOW those other games are multiplatform..whereas because Sony have so far been the only ones talking about Destiny it makes it look more like an exclusive and people know Bungie made Halo....if Sony can make people start associating Destiny with the PlayStation brand it will bode very well for them.
    These 2 things oppose each other. In the minds of most people Bungie = Halo. Halo = Xbox. Therefore getting people to think Bungie game is a ps exclusive is essentially impossible

  6. #31
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    12,910
    Rep Power
    136
    Points
    62,743 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    Funny enough, I've seen an example of this myself first hand with one of my co-workers. She's a gamer (more on the casual side) too and she said something of the effect of "OMG you know one of the new things about the PS4?! Its going to play Halo!"

    I knew she meant this game, but she knew no better, and I just said "oh really?!" and left it at that. Laughed to myself quite a bit.
    If she is hot then it's OK. If not school her ass!




    Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

  7. #32
    Superior Member
    INFAMOUS8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    831
    Rep Power
    40
    Points
    1,821 (0 Banked)
    Items Guerrilla GamesVitaJoker (limited ICON)
    I just saw a commercial for Destiny..... and PS4.

    Wow. Huge pick up for Sony.

  8. #33
    Newbie
    FrazzleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    PSN ID
    Frazzle_B
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    444 (0 Banked)
    Bungie on a Sony stage is just awesome!

  9. #34
    Power Member
    Dave-The-Rave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Age
    24
    Posts
    16,858
    Rep Power
    124
    Points
    32,602 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    These 2 things oppose each other. In the minds of most people Bungie = Halo. Halo = Xbox. Therefore getting people to think Bungie game is a ps exclusive is essentially impossible
    Exactly! So why is only Sony talking about it? See? That's what I'm getting at.
    Trophy-licious!


    3DS: 3754-7606-9595

  10. #35
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,737
    Rep Power
    156
    Points
    64,625 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Exactly! So why is only Sony talking about it? See? That's what I'm getting at.
    Yeah, people may not see it as exclusive, but they may see it as one less reason to buy an Xbox.

  11. #36
    Power Member
    Dave-The-Rave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Age
    24
    Posts
    16,858
    Rep Power
    124
    Points
    32,602 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Things might be different now if Destiny wasn't at the Sony reveal and it was at the X1 reveal with COD and Fifa.
    Trophy-licious!


    3DS: 3754-7606-9595

  12. #37
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,816
    Rep Power
    109
    Points
    39,352 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Exactly! So why is only Sony talking about it? See? That's what I'm getting at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Yeah, people may not see it as exclusive, but they may see it as one less reason to buy an Xbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Things might be different now if Destiny wasn't at the Sony reveal and it was at the X1 reveal with COD and Fifa.
    I think most people know that the age of 3rd party exclusives is coming to a close. Not to mention how easy it is to look up information online, which makes it easy to look up game information.

  13. #38
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,737
    Rep Power
    156
    Points
    64,625 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    I think most people know that the age of 3rd party exclusives is coming to a close. Not to mention how easy it is to look up information online, which makes it easy to look up game information.
    Yeah, they'll look it up and see it's on both consoles. Plus they'll see the PS versions have exclusive content. That's what I'm saying. It's one less reason to buy an Xbox over a PS4.

    With that said, Microsoft is very smart for doing the same with COD. It sells much better on Xbox, so it seems to be working.

  14. #39
    Superior Member
    INFAMOUS8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    831
    Rep Power
    40
    Points
    1,821 (0 Banked)
    Items Guerrilla GamesVitaJoker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Yeah, people may not see it as exclusive, but they may see it as one less reason to buy an Xbox.
    Exactly. Good point.

  15. #40
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,816
    Rep Power
    109
    Points
    39,352 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Yeah, they'll look it up and see it's on both consoles. Plus they'll see the PS versions have exclusive content. That's what I'm saying. It's one less reason to buy an Xbox over a PS4.

    With that said, Microsoft is very smart for doing the same with COD. It sells much better on Xbox, so it seems to be working.
    Possibly, though as you pointed out with the COD example, sales on all platforms are good despite exclusive (timed) on a specific platforms.

    XBL will be the draw for Destiny on the xbox platform.

  16. #41
    Power Member
    Dave-The-Rave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Age
    24
    Posts
    16,858
    Rep Power
    124
    Points
    32,602 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Possibly, though as you pointed out with the COD example, sales on all platforms are good despite exclusive (timed) on a specific platforms.

    XBL will be the draw for Destiny on the xbox platform.
    XBL will be less of a draw next gen. The only reason it was this gen was because PSN on the PS3 was an afterthought. Now it is developed and fully integrated with the PS4 from launch.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Trophy-licious!


    3DS: 3754-7606-9595

  17. Likes PhillyPhreak wishes they had posted this first.
  18. #42
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,708
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    154,952 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    XBL will be less of a draw next gen. The only reason it was this gen was because PSN on the PS3 was an afterthought. Now it is developed and fully integrated with the PS4 from launch. Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Yep and MS knows this which is why theyre pushing so hard with this PR about the cloud and more servers and so forth. MS has to come with some kind of PR to convince people to continue paying for XBL next gen.

  19. #43
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    26
    Posts
    12,292
    Rep Power
    123
    Points
    30,524 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Meh - I'll wait for more info. But it certainly sounds promising.

    It's just that I've heard it all from these types of interactive, Single player/campaign/MMOFPS type of game before.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.