Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Flaw3d Genius
    The Japanese wont buy it...They would need to stick an Apple sticker on it to make it fly off the shelf.
    Last edited by Soldier 95B; 05-24-2013 at 16:52. Reason: change japs to japanese to appease Aaron

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    You don't see that as an opening for MS?
    lol I'm pretty sure if Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Dragon Quest X, New Super Mario Bros. U etc. can't kickstart the Wii U (two of which are among Japan's biggest franchises by a long way) what exactly is MS gonna offer that's bigger? At this point the only thing left for Nintendo to try is Pokemon, and people want that on a handheld, the same as everything else. Like I said, all 3 are gonna struggle.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    But they are going up against Sony on their home turf. Sony is a beloved brand over there. Apple products are a rare thing for Japanese to be big adopters of a US product. They tend to stay at home with all their electronic purchases. Not saying it can't happen but 360 was a huge failure there. I don't see that changing with XBone.
    Why can't sony attract the Japanese customers interested in Japanese games while microsoft attracts the Japanese customers interested in entertainment and media services?

Especially since nintendo is essentially out of the picture.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    lol I'm pretty sure if Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Dragon Quest X, New Super Mario Bros. U etc. can't kickstart the Wii U (two of which are among Japan's biggest franchises by a long way) what exactly is MS gonna offer that's bigger? At this point the only thing left for Nintendo to try is Pokemon, and people want that on a handheld, the same as everything else. Like I said, all 3 are gonna struggle.

Problem is the wii U was built to compete against the ps3/360 not the ps4 and the ONE.

Sales (even in Japan) are not indicating good things for the wii u:

http://bgr.com/2013/05/21/nintendo-w...ales-analysis/

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    There are other cheaper means that offers the entertainment and media services in the Xbox One for Japan and most already have these services on other devices. The only difference being that the Xbox One also plays Xbox One games alongside these services.

The problem for MS is that Japan has already shown they don't care what the MS they are not interested in their console. Microsoft gave the Xbox 360 a big push in Japan with good exclusives, marketing, etc. and it failed miserably. In addition it had about an year to it self before any other next gen console was released and a lower price than the PS3.

The Xbox One is not going to be any better for Microsoft in Japan, it might even be worse.
    Last edited by Ryunosuke; 05-23-2013 at 23:07.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I doubt the new Xbox will make any impressionable impact in Japan.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I doubt the new Xbox will make any impressionable impact in Japan.
    I think it will do better than the 360 did.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I think it will do better than the 360 did.
    From the start, I agree. After that, it'll drop down over the years. I don't think it's going to do much better at all.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    MS is committed to Japan. The question is, does Japan care?

On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    FonFahbre
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Only time will tell but I still believe that the, Xbox One won't find much success in the, Japanese market. Sony probably has something to counter their efforts.

Incidentally I keep seeing X-Bone. Did Microsoft recently change the name of their console?

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Unless they want to start getting some random exclusive JRPGs again... it won't do all that well.

I can bet that most japanese companies wont even bother

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Problem is the wii U was built to compete against the ps3/360 not the ps4 and the ONE.

Sales (even in Japan) are not indicating good things for the wii u:

http://bgr.com/2013/05/21/nintendo-w...ales-analysis/
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Unless they want to start getting some random exclusive JRPGs again... it won't do all that well.

I can bet that most japanese companies wont even bother
    Basically this.

MS needs to go after the JRPG devs again, an attitude they lost after ToV, plus are the Japanese devs willing to risk their franchises again? We already know the Tales games are sticking with PS3 even over PS4 because the series is selling better than ever on there (probably thanks to SE screwing up FF), Level-5 hasn't been interested since the massive fallout with MS back in the 6th gen, GUST have never released a game outside of Sony/Nintendo aside from one game on the DreamCast, Square Enix is apparently working with Sony on FF, Mistwalker is all for Nintendo (which let's be honest Sakaguchi has always loved Nintendo).

So basically it's up to MS themselves to set up some first party JRPG devs to create new IPs, which in an era dominated by handhelds, probably aren't gonna take off. The odds are completely against them in Japan this gen, the Xbox 360 will probably remain the best selling American home console in Japan ever.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    LordVenger
    Items User name style
    Unless Microsoft gets deals with TV providers and the needed hardware set up pretty damned pronto in every market they intended to sell in it won't just be Japan where the X-bone doesn't sell well. The majority of their fancy new tv features will only be available in the US, and without them the X-bone is far less of a good deal.

Ultimate Veteran
    I don't this thing selling that well in Japan.but I wish them luck

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Every day I wonder how MATRIX 2 will scrape the bottom of the barrel with justifications, and every day he impresses me.

Well done matey!
    Be Together - Not the same.

Thread Information