How to prevent Ps3 from overheating

http://ps3overheat.blogspot.com
    Worked for me and its a better alternative to intercoolers and fans
    Well at least what I prefer

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    You could always get a small freezer and put in.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Just play on it for an hour at a time and it should never have any problems.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    True but I and other people play longer and use Netflix so yea it just depends on who you are

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Or even a few hours. I've never had a PS3 overheat on me. You'd probably have to play that baby for 10+ hours straight.

It's one of the best built consoles.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Well I never had the red blinking light from the 'system is getting too hot' message, but my 60GB got the YLOD which is from overheating.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    All you have to do is keep your PS3 elevated. I used two pieces of wood that are slightly longer than the console underneath, one on the left side and one of the other. This way the air can easily pass underneath.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Superior Member
    Items Vita
    Dust 514 basically killed my PS3 as far as heating issues are concerned. ( making it shut off with the blinking red light several times ) Now if it's too hot in the house, the fan kicks into overdrive where it never use to do that. Maybe it's finally time for a new one...
    Professional assassination. It's the highest form of public service. - Chiun

This method is ok I guess, but if you really want to be sure you CPU doesn't go above 75 celsius, this is what you have to do:
    Every once in a while (3 months or so), open your PS3 and, using a vacuum cleaner, gently remove all the dust in the console. Every 6 months, change the thermal paste below your CPU (I suggest arctic silver 3 paste).
    This is called a regular maintenance. When you're already at the point of your PS shutting down due to overheat, you're pretty much fu*ked. This method with ice will keep it in working order, but it's only a temporary solution. If you encounter problems like freezing and shutting down with red light on, go and do a heat-sink. Don't do it by yourself, since you could easily screw up your console. Instead, go to an official sony store and they'll do it for you professionaly (they don't use a razer like shown on the youtube, they got professional gear). They'll charge you around 50$ tops. This is the only permanent solution, but if you do regular maintenance since you bought your console, it will never come to this (unless you live in a desert lol).

Thread Information