Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Big BossRaiden
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    If Move had taken off like Kinect did, do you not think sony would have put more of an emphasis on it with the PS4?
    They might've, but thank goodness they didn't.
    I'm interested to see what MS does with kinect, I'm just not sure I can be convinced to buy a console if the core innovative exclusives aren't coming with it.
    Last edited by TwentyThree; 05-24-2013 at 04:52.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by TwentyThree View Post
    I'm interested to see what MS does with kinect, I'm just not sure I can be convinced to buy a console if the core exclusives aren't coming with it.
    I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of core exclusives. I could be wrong though we'll have to wait and see, but I don't think MS would be that stupid. After all, it is a games console.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I'm also curious to see how both companies handle this DRM that publishers are pushing for and also used games.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I'm also curious to see how both companies handle this DRM that publishers are pushing for and also used games.
    I have a feeling Sony might follow suit with Microsoft at E3 with the whole used game/online connected thing.

I could be wrong, but we'll see.

I just can't see MS going this alone. It would hurt them.

Forum Sage
    I'm interested to see what MS does with kinect, I'm just not sure I can be convinced to buy a console if the core innovative exclusives aren't coming with it.
    The games have to be there. Casuals don't buy $400+ (likely $500 in the case of the PS4/X1) consoles.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of core exclusives. I could be wrong though we'll have to wait and see, but I don't think MS would be that stupid. After all, it is a games console.
    Yeah that's all we can do for now, just wait. I thought they'd reveal at least one core exclusive to show off what it can do gaming wise. Something to keep us looking forward to their E3 conference, but we got nothing. :/

The games have to be there. Casuals don't buy $400+ (likely $500 in the case of the PS4/X1) consoles.
    In that you are correct but we don't know what these consoles will go for yet. I'm still hopeful, just disappointed about the reveal. I hope they do deliver at E3 though.
    Last edited by TwentyThree; 05-24-2013 at 05:07.

Elite Guru
    Yeah, but if we look on the plus. It hopefully gives them more to show at E3. I think it was a smart move if it didn't seem like it at the time.

I'll have no problem being mostly a PS4 gamer if they don't deliver, but I think they will.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I have a feeling Sony might follow suit with Microsoft at E3 with the whole used game/online connected thing. I could be wrong, but we'll see. I just can't see MS going this alone. It would hurt them.
    True. I guess thats unavoidable at this point. Hopefully Sony has a better solution than what I've been hearing MS is going to do.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Yeah that's all we can do for now, just wait. I thought they'd reveal at least one core exclusive to show off what it can do gaming wise. Something to keep us looking forward to their E3 conference, but we got nothing. :/
    You mean new core exclusive? Because Forza 5 is confirmed to be shown off.

Elite Guru
    I'm assuming we'll still be able to control the dashboard with a controller as well right? I wouldn't be too pleased if I had to rely on Kinect to work the dashboard ALL THE TIME.

@rad, I think TwentyThree meant more than your Halo/Gears/Forza, something new. Although we did see a trailer for Quantum Break I think it was..

11. Likes TwentyThree likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I'm assuming we'll still be able to control the dashboard with a controller as well right? I wouldn't be too pleased if I had to rely on Kinect to work the dashboard ALL THE TIME.
    Yeah I was wondering that too. I think most likely its optional. You just have to have your Kinect hooked up for the console itself to function.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    True. I guess thats unavoidable at this point. Hopefully Sony has a better solution than what I've been hearing MS is going to do.
    Sony definitely has something in place about used games. Their games have to be installed too iirc from a mark cerny interview. Maybe instead of the disc becoming useless, it has to stay in the blu-ray drive for its security check. I'd be fine with that.

If they do it in the fashion that MS is doing it then idk when I'm getting a next gen console.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I'm assuming we'll still be able to control the dashboard with a controller as well right? I wouldn't be too pleased if I had to rely on Kinect to work the dashboard ALL THE TIME. @rad, I think TwentyThree meant more than your Halo/Gears/Forza, something new. Although we did see a trailer for Quantum Break I think it was..
    Yeah I figured thats most likely what he meant. I dont like the introduction of live action characters into that Quantum game.

Elite Guru
    It better be optional. I am kind of annoyed Kinect has to be on at all times in the first place. I'll most likely never use it, I know I won't ever be using Skype either, and the fact I'm not from the USA means I won't benefit from the TV offerings either.. for a while at least.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Sony definitely has something in place about used games. Their games have to be installed too iirc from a mark cerny interview. Maybe instead of the disc becoming useless, it has to stay in the blu-ray drive for its security check. I'd be fine with that. If they do it in the fashion that MS is doing it then idk when I'm getting a next gen console.
    Oh ok. Thanks for that info. I know I read that Diablo on PS4 wont require it which is good. Last I heard anyway. http://gamepolitics.com/2013/03/25/d...clude-auction-
    It better be optional. I am kind of annoyed Kinect has to be on at all times in the first place. I'll most likely never use it, I know I won't ever be using Skype either, and the fact I'm not from the USA means I won't benefit from the TV offerings either.. for a while at least.
    As it stands right now its not optional. Kinect has to be on.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 05-24-2013 at 05:24.

Administrator
    You mean new core exclusive? Because Forza 5 is confirmed to be shown off.
    Yeah new core exclusives. I forgot about Forza 5, I've only seen the images though. A racing game is the last type of game I'd be interested in though. I'm looking for something new and innovative not just sequels that I'm tired of already lol.
    Last edited by TwentyThree; 05-24-2013 at 05:25.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Yeah core exclusives. I forgot about Forza 5, I've only seen the images though. A racing game is the last type of game I'd be interested on though. I'm looking for something new and innovative not just sequels that I'm tired of already lol.
    Yep I hear ya. The Forza trailer looked good. But I'm pretty burnt out on Halo and Gears. I love racing games so Drive Club on PS4 has my interest and I love FPS and so I also want Killzone SF.

Administrator
    Yep I hear ya. The Forza trailer looked good. But I'm pretty burnt out on Halo and Gears. I love racing games so Drive Club on PS4 has my interest and I love FPS and so I also want Killzone SF.
    KZ SF looks pretty damn amazing, but the gameplay looked like it felt dull IMO. I'm not gonna hold that against the game though, I know it's in it's early stages but Destiny is closer to my radar than any other FPS.

Forum Sage
    Sony definitely has something in place about used games. Their games have to be installed too iirc from a mark cerny interview. Maybe instead of the disc becoming useless, it has to stay in the blu-ray drive for its security check. I'd be fine with that.

If they do it in the fashion that MS is doing it then idk when I'm getting a next gen console.
    Do you own an xbox 360?

Elite Member
    I'm skeptical about what MS has to show at E3 with the assumption that MS pushed back its reveal to respond to Sony. To not mention the new exclusives that people could expect to see at E3 it's a real let down. How many exclusive games could we expect to see at launch? MS says that these 8 games will come out over a course of a year.
    "I think all those developers who are saying, "We donít want to do a PS3 game," or "Itís really difficult to do it," should shut up and make their games. If you have time to complain about it, then you should be spending your time working on getting the most from the hardware."

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    KZ SF looks pretty damn amazing, but the gameplay looked like it felt dull IMO. I'm not gonna hold that against the game though, I know it's in it's early stages but Destiny is closer to my radar than any other FPS.
    Yep Destiny definitely looks cool.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by hood View Post
    I'm skeptical about what MS has to show at E3 with the assumption that MS pushed back its reveal to respond to Sony. To not mention the new exclusives that people could expect to see at E3 it's a real let down. How many exclusive games could we expect to see at launch? MS says that these 8 games will come out over a course of a year.
    15 games.

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001

I believe you are thinking of when they talked about the instant play feature. Although, not if they talked about it for game installations or just games being downloaded.

It game installations doesn't necessarily mean that something needs to be in place for used games. Only installations that allow the game to be played without the disc would require something in place for used games; which I don't believe Sony has mentioned anything about.

It is also possible that it will be up to each individual publisher/developer if their game fully installs(no disc required for play) or that a full install would optional for each game (i.e. a no install, partial install and full install options).

15 games.
    The first exclusives are what is going to be released within the first year, not what it is going to be at launch or shown at E3.
    Last edited by Ryunosuke; 05-24-2013 at 06:02.

Elite Member
    15 games.
    8 of them "new" exclusives
    "I think all those developers who are saying, "We donít want to do a PS3 game," or "Itís really difficult to do it," should shut up and make their games. If you have time to complain about it, then you should be spending your time working on getting the most from the hardware."

Forum Elder
    But they do buy $400+ tablets etc.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Information