Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
Results 51 to 72 of 72
  1. #51
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,301
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    13,443 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryunosuke View Post
    I believe you are thinking of when they talked about the instant play feature. Although, not if they talked about it for game installations or just games being downloaded.

    It game installations doesn't necessarily mean that something needs to be in place for used games. Only installations that allow the game to be played without the disc would require something in place for used games; which I don't believe Sony has mentioned anything about.

    It is also possible that it will be up to each individual publisher/developer if their game fully installs(no disc required for play) or that a full install would optional for each game (i.e. a no install, partial install and full install options).
    Here's the part of the interview I'm referring to. He talks about the speed of the blu-ray being slow for next gen games and that data installs from the disc to the hard drive. He later talks about the whole game eventually being install(I think). That's the part that made me assume that all games would be installed. He doesn't go into detail as to if you need the disc or not after the data has been installed. That's why I assumed they would use a method similar to the 360's install process if they wanted gamers not to have to connect online at least once a day.



    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Do you own an xbox 360?
    No but I know that when you install games on the 360 that you need the disc in the drive for security purposes. In my previous post, I was referring to the ping method. If Sony follows that method then I don't know when I'm buying a next gen console.

  2. #52
    Master Guru
    MjW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,384
    Rep Power
    95
    Points
    5,794 (44,164 Banked)
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    I have a feeling Sony might follow suit with Microsoft at E3 with the whole used game/online connected thing.

    I could be wrong, but we'll see.

    I just can't see MS going this alone. It would hurt them.
    I wouldn't be surprised at all, it being a joint effort.


    On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

    .

  3. #53
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    They got it right for sure. Best reveal to date.

  4. #54
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    If Move had taken off like Kinect did, do you not think sony would have put more of an emphasis on it with the PS4?
    They have. You noticed move features were built into the controller.

    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    As it stands right now its not optional. Kinect has to be on.
    Actually, Kinect is not required to be on. It is required to be plugged into the console. You can go into settings and change privacy to have it off. Already confirmed by MS.

    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yep I hear ya. The Forza trailer looked good. But I'm pretty burnt out on Halo and Gears.
    I guess it's good you are not getting an X1 then.

  5. #55
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,301
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    13,443 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The reveal was about as bad as the Wii U's debut. Just horrible. There's a reason for all the negative talk going on about the xbone. Judging by dev comments to gamers, this ranks in very low.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 05-24-2013 at 15:49.

  6. #56
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    The reveal was about as bad as the Wii U's debut. Just horrible. There's a reason for all the negative talk going on about the xbone. It's damn sure isn't for being the best reveal ever.

  7. #57
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Posts
    1,062
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    12,958 (0 Banked)
    The Xbox One reveal was decent, imo, but they sure gave a lot of interesting comedy material. I can already see the jokes coming about the doom and gloom over Halo turning into a TV series lol.

  8. #58
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I guess it's good you are not getting an X1 then.
    Yep definitely.

  9. #59
    Forum Elder
    Yungstar 2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    tyneside
    Posts
    2,884
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    26,711 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_jim View Post
    They got it wrong because people were expecting the next generation of gaming, like we saw with the PS4. We didn't get that... We got the next generation of home entertainment.
    really, you were told E3 was about the games and the reveal was about the box/media and yet you were still expecting the next generation of gaming?

  10. #60
    Power Member
    Dave-The-Rave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Age
    25
    Posts
    16,980
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    34,961 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The only TV I watch real time anymore is UK TV shows that we get first like Doctor Who..besides that I stream all American shows the day after they air in the states on my laptop.
    Trophy-licious!


    3DS: 3754-7606-9595

  11. #61
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,675
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    The only TV I watch real time anymore is UK TV shows that we get first like Doctor Who..besides that I stream all American shows the day after they air in the states on my laptop.
    Yea as stated in the OP I think this whole TV focus is gonna be quite $#@!ty outside the US

    There is also a case to be made that on demand TV is where it's at nowadays. Even the current consoles can do that $#@!.

    I do feel the whole NFL/ESPN $#@! is gonna be very very popular in the US though. I would guess they are trying to secure something similar in the UK wth barclays premier league football/sky

    All a bit snooze to be fair.

  12. #62
    Forum Elder
    Yungstar 2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    tyneside
    Posts
    2,884
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    26,711 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    I expected a lot less from MS. I was actually surprised at how good their recent conference went. I was expecting worse. I knew it wasn't going to be about all the games. I expected no less than to hear about the system and their aspirations.

    It is hard to please people these days.
    they want me to buy the Xbox ONE, they say it can do all THIS.... as well as game.
    as stated above, i'm in the UK and the Xbox ONE apparently is not and never will be compatible with my Sky TV box.

    i'm not hard to please, i just want what it says on the box.

  13. #63
    Power Member
    Dave-The-Rave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Age
    25
    Posts
    16,980
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    34,961 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    One thing I am interested in hearing more about at E3 now is how exactly the new Playstation Eye camera will function, because it is looking more like a Kinect now...if it ends up functioning the same or almost the same Sony could have this in the bag.
    Trophy-licious!


    3DS: 3754-7606-9595

  14. #64
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,866
    Rep Power
    159
    Points
    67,989 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    One thing I am interested in hearing more about at E3 now is how exactly the new Playstation Eye camera will function, because it is looking more like a Kinect now...if it ends up functioning the same or almost the same Sony could have this in the bag.
    It will also be able to sense depth and will have voice and face recognition, but from what I understand, the Kinect 2 is still on another level and will be more viable for games.

  15. #65
    Power Member
    Dave-The-Rave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Age
    25
    Posts
    16,980
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    34,961 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I just hope it's 1080p as well.
    Trophy-licious!


    3DS: 3754-7606-9595

  16. #66
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,866
    Rep Power
    159
    Points
    67,989 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I just hope it's 1080p as well.
    I don't think it is. Sony revealed the specs and I believe it's 720p.

  17. #67
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I just hope it's 1080p as well.
    Its 1280 x 800.

  18. #68
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,978
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    42,328 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Here's the part of the interview I'm referring to. He talks about the speed of the blu-ray being slow for next gen games and that data installs from the disc to the hard drive. He later talks about the whole game eventually being install(I think). That's the part that made me assume that all games would be installed. He doesn't go into detail as to if you need the disc or not after the data has been installed. That's why I assumed they would use a method similar to the 360's install process if they wanted gamers not to have to connect online at least once a day.



    No but I know that when you install games on the 360 that you need the disc in the drive for security purposes. In my previous post, I was referring to the ping method. If Sony follows that method then I don't know when I'm buying a next gen console.
    So then you understand the obvious issue with the way the 360 currently handles installed games, then? Having to keep a disc in the drive and needing to swap it out if you want to play a different installed game doesn't go with the seamless experience MS (and presumably Sony) is targeting with the next generation of consoles. They need to come up with a better/more efficient solution that. I don't exactly know what that would (or should) be, but I know continuing with the method employed with the 360 is not the way to go.

  19. #69
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,301
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    13,443 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    So then you understand the obvious issue with the way the 360 currently handles installed games, then? Having to keep a disc in the drive and needing to swap it out if you want to play a different installed game doesn't go with the seamless experience MS (and presumably Sony) is targeting with the next generation of consoles. They need to come up with a better/more efficient solution that. I don't exactly know what that would (or should) be, but I know continuing with the method employed with the 360 is not the way to go.
    That sounds like PR statement. It's not an issue and it's just a cop-out in order to justify MS's ping method.

    I don't care about having to get up and switch a disc. That's a 10sec task. Especially if it means I can buy used games;let my friends/family borrow a game/not have to ping into a server every 24hrs. In this case, all because someone wants to be lazy(following your "better" method) and not get off their ass, they lose those rights I mentioned in the previous sentence.

    There's nothing you can say to me that will make me see this differently. It's like trying to polish a pile of crap and tell me it's gold.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 05-24-2013 at 19:21.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be


  20. #70
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    That sounds like PR statement. It's not an issue and it's just a cop-out in order to justify MS's ping method. I don't care about having to get up and switch a disc. That's a 10sec task. Especially if it means I can buy used games;let my friends/family borrow a game/not have to ping into a server every 24hrs. In this case, all because someone wants to be lazy(following your "better" method) and not get off their ass, they lose those rights I mentioned in the previous sentence. There's nothing you can say to me that will make me see this differently. It's like trying to polish a pile of crap and tell me it's gold.
    Well heres some good news on how Sony will handle some of this stuff. http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...28#post6092728

  21. #71
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,978
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    42,328 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    That sounds like PR statement. It's not an issue and it's just a cop-out in order to justify MS's ping method.

    I don't care about having to get up and switch a disc. That's a 10sec task. Especially if it means I can buy used games;let my friends/family borrow a game/not have to ping into a server every 24hrs. In this case, all because someone wants to be lazy(following your "better" method) and not get off their ass, they lose those rights I mentioned in the previous sentence.

    There's nothing you can say to me that will make me see this differently. It's like trying to polish a pile of crap and tell me it's gold.
    How does that sound like a pr statement. What is the bloody point in installing every game to the HDD if you have to continue swapping discs if you want to change games. That is a last generation solution in a next generation console which is unacceptable.

  22. #72
    Power Member
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,385
    Rep Power
    124
    Points
    56,452 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Nothing annoyed me more than having to put in the "play disc" for Max payne 2 or GTA vice city on PC.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.