Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple

Microsoft to invest $1billion dollars in Games for Xbox One.

http://news.yahoo.com/microsoft-doub...030046944.html
    Ms has always supported their consoles with content.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    well someone has to....

MS first party studios fall behind imo, hopefully this brings about some good.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Dedicated Member
    This is potentially going to be my most catty post to date but :P

I read this as "Microsoft plans to spend money on first party development", which in a way, actually is news worthy. If it was for 3rd party or even better, Indie development, that would be quite impressive.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Who delivered the news? DR. Evil?

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Elite Guru

This is from Venture Beat but you can add to the OP

http://venturebeat.com/2013/05/23/ph...one-interview/

On Kinect:

GamesBeat: Based on what’s in the works for Kinect, will games go in a direction that they haven’t gone before?

Harrison: The fundamental, most impactful thing is that there’s a Kinect in every box now. There’s the ubiquity of the platform having Kinect whereas before it was always a subset. That made it difficult for developers to invest against 20 percent of the installed base or whatever it was.

Having it as 100 percent — that’s a game-changer. There are games that are not using motion but using voice in a very subtle way. The conversational understanding in Kinect for Xbox One is super sensitive and smart. It allows us to do some subtle things with voice that we couldn’t do on 360. You’ll see that at E3 [Electronic Entertainment Expo]. I’ll point them out to you.

We have a couple of cool examples of that where — even though your game is a fundamentally controller-based experience — the voice becomes this augmented menu system. Previously, you’d have to go down N number of menu trees to get to a particular feature. Now you can just say it. That’s pretty cool.
    And then movement can be subtle. While you’re playing the game, it could be just doing some very gentle movements that [Kinect] can pick up and then amplify in the world.

On Used Games

GamesBeat: There’s been a lot of chatter on particular controversial subjects leading up to this. People want to know about used games, about backward compatibility, and about the constant connection. What are some of the facts on those? Can you play used games on the Xbox One? Do you have to pay a fee?

Harrison: Just like today, if you have a game disc that you buy from the store, you can play that game. The game is now installed to the hard drive. Any user who is associated with that Xbox One can play that game. I can give that game disc to my son and he can go and take it to another machine inside the house and play it on that machine. Just like today, only one of us can play it at any one time.

The difference, though — the benefit of Xbox One is that that data can roam with me. I can go to my friend’s house. I can log in as myself into his machine. I can then play that game on his machine, and while I’m logged in, he can play it as well.

GamesBeat: Do you bring your disc with you, or could you use his disc?

Harrison: Doesn’t matter, yeah. If I bring my disc with me and I leave the bits on his hard drive, but he wants to play the game, he can buy the game — just like today. But in this instance, the bits were already on his hard drive, so it’s an instant switch-out. We will have a solution — and we’re not talking about the details today but just to take the angst out of this — that allows a user to trade that game back in and to give up the right to play that game.
    there's more questions in the article so give it a read.
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/microsoft-doub...030046944.html
    Ms has always supported their consoles with content.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    While it sounds impressive it only represents 5 to 10 triple A titles, basically it might not even cover the 15 titles they have already promised. A triple A game can cost anywhere between $50 and $200 million, on par with a blockbuster Hollywood movie.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    With that money, they could have invested more into a fully blown idea and then invested a billion into gaming
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Superior Member
    Works for me!

Elite Guru

Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    With that money, they could have invested more into a fully blown idea and then invested a billion into gaming
    MS starts a 400 million dollar contract with the NFL and people say they should have invested that in games. Now they come out an announced that they are investing over 1 billion in games and you say they should have invested more in a idea?????

"We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"

11. Likes Ixion , F34R , claud3 likes this post
    The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Good to hear, hopefully it's not mostly exclusive content deals.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by X2 View Post
    MS starts a 400 million dollar contract with the NFL and people say they should have invested that in games. Now they come out an announced that they are investing over 1 billion in games and you say they should have invested more in a idea?????

That's all well and good... But more in developing a system we all can over and scream buy me buy me... But all they have done, is give you a P.C and the $#@! with the rest off the world
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Elite Guru

Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    That's all well and good... But more in developing a system we all can over and scream buy me buy me... But all they have done, is give you a P.C and the $#@! with the rest off the world
    That has nothing to do with the article and from what Im hearing, it doesnt include dlc or third party handouts. 1 billion towards first party development.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Well i am not getting the overwhelming urge too invest in this BEATA MAX

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Awesome news. Hopefully it isn't securing more DLC crap and actual stuff we want

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by victorijapoosp View Post
    Yep. Now that every Xbone user will have a Kinect MS can really start cranking out the shovelware Kinect games.

Ultimate Veteran
    The term used was content, not games.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    One billion is a great figure. Looking forward to seeing what they have in store.

Soldier 95B
    Awesome news. Glad to see they are still games focused just like with the Xbox original and Xbox 360. Great games and great console. Looks like we will be draining our wallets lol.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yep. Now that every Xbone user will have a Kinect MS can really start cranking out the shovelware Kinect games.
    Oh yeah. Never really thought about that. Suppose it may be the same on PS4 as well since PS4eye is a pack in I think

"Xbone" lmao. i like

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    The term used was content, not games.
    Good catch. The author just assumed games in the title but the actual article does say content.

Flaw3d Genius
    Haha own up who rated the thread 2 stars

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Oh yeah. Never really thought about that. Suppose it may be the same on PS4 as well since PS4eye is a pack in I think "Xbone" lmao. i like
    Oh yeah Sony will have some of that too but I think the games shown at the PS4 reveal tells what their main focus will be software wise.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    will they fully invest a billion, i do not see that happening

I see them throwing out numbers too make many jump ship too the Xbox One and make new fresh gamers wanting an Xbox One...

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by NextGenGamer2000 View Post
    I really laughed at that soldier's post. Poor guy. He must really be pulling all his hair out over recent x1 news. If I have to guess what that billion is for. They prob bought 3rd party exclusive, but as everyone knows. All 3rd party exclusive gets ported to PS after 6month's to a year. And prob dlc
    Yep and most likely with all the DLC that the Xbone gamers had to pay for included for free.

Thread Information