Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Flaw3d Genius

Eurogamer Review In

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ust-514-review

5/10

I was amazed when you guys gave it 9/10 after what i had played. The game should of been called Dust5/10

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ust-514-review

5/10

I was amazed when you guys gave it 9/10 after what i had played. The game should of been called Dust5/10
    You were amazed that someone had a differnt opinion than you? Cool story bro.

3. Likes MartyRules, Serinous likes this post
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Dust is worth an 8 give or take 1 point for reviewers perspective.

most reviews simply can't commit the time to the game. MMORGPFPS sums up pretty much whats going on here, most hold it to the FPS alone. GT did the worst job and blatantly lied.

look for indepth reviews of dust if you're interested. one page or 5 min vids wont give you an idea, and will miss many points that make dust worth at least 8
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    most reviews simply can't commit the time to the game. MMORGPFPS sums up pretty much whats going on here, most hold it to the FPS alone. GT did the worst job and blatantly lied.
    I have committed a year. This is why my review differs from everyone else's. I have seen things in DUST 514 that they haven't, I have done things they haven't. They would have jumped into to Academy and $#@! all SP. I have been a dropship pilot, tank driver and a logi. I have gone from a scrub in $#@!ty gear to a 150K ISK full proto logi set up.

Of course, it's also a very hardcore game. It's just too much for some people, in the same way Demon's Souls is; it isn't a game for soft $#@!s. People are afraid to chew meat these days, they want to be fed warm milk.

6. Likes Unaidedhipo5 likes this post
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I have committed a year. This is why my review differs from everyone else's. I have seen things in DUST 514 that they haven't, I have done things they haven't. They would have jumped into to Academy and $#@! all SP. I have been a dropship pilot, tank driver and a logi. I have gone from a scrub in $#@!ty gear to a 150K ISK full proto logi set up.

Of course, it's also a very hardcore game. It's just too much for some people, in the same way Demon's Souls is; it isn't a game for soft $#@!s. People are afraid to chew meat these days, they want to be fed warm milk.
    +rep

indeed, i'd hold Dust to 8.8/10

many reviewers just miss most of the content. GT didn't even know PC existed. im pretty sure they assume you can't play in squads either

once you start spending SP on things Dust opens up in a big way. and SP doesn't come as easy as it does in Skyrim or COD where you get points seemingly for doing nothing. SP is earned! and dropping 200k SP on a skillset immediately opens up more of Dust.

more SP = more variety in play style

if a reviewer holds dust to FPS alone don't listen to their review, they haven't taken the time to play dust. Alex's review is one of the few that actually covers the breadth of Dust 514 and as such, should be one you base your preference off of.

there are few FAIR reviews out there. PSU covers one of them

http://www.cgmagazine.ca/game-review...-dust-514.html
    ^this is another
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    +rep

indeed, i'd hold Dust to 8.8/10

many reviewers just miss most of the content. GT didn't even know PC existed. im pretty sure they assume you can't play in squads either

once you start spending SP on things Dust opens up in a big way. and SP doesn't come as easy as it does in Skyrim or COD where you get points seemingly for doing nothing. SP is earned! and dropping 200k SP on a skillset immediately opens up more of Dust.

more SP = more variety in play style

if a reviewer holds dust to FPS alone don't listen to their review, they haven't taken the time to play dust. Alex's review is one of the few that actually covers the breadth of Dust 514 and as such, should be one you base your preference off of.

there are few FAIR reviews out there. PSU covers one of them

http://www.cgmagazine.ca/game-review...-dust-514.html
    ^this is another
    In time, I believe that people will see that my review was right. It will stand there forever as a testament that I knew what I was talking about. Everything I read about the game has inaccurate information in it, yet the reviews are trustworthy.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    In time, I believe that people will see that my review was right. It will stand there forever as a testament that I knew what I was talking about. Everything I read about the game has inaccurate information in it, yet the reviews are trustworthy.
    i think COD has created a generation of mindless imbeciles

in what other RPG do you start off and immediately go find the hardest boss to take on?
    yet when they come to dust this is exactly what they do coz hey, dust is an FPS and im good at COD

the point you said is exactly why your review is one of the better ones. the score will last. you've done it fair by looking at the base game and judging it on that (like a good reviewer should) others have done as i said above.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    What would you have given had it been on 360?

Not that I disagree though, I thought it was meh myself.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

11. Likes Serinous likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post

This game goes way beyond about which platform it's on for me, if DUST 514 was on 360 I would have a 360 infront of me right now...However it wouldn't be free-to-pay on 360...

People cry for innovation in the industry, and when it comes, they don't care.

Having said that, it's all subjective, I don't play CoD and I don't care for FIFA, doesn't mean they are bad games. DUST 514 is $#@!ing awesome, deep and unlike any other FPS I have ever played. I sometimes think that if people could see the same vision of DUST's future that I see (which has manifested over a year of closely following all info on the game's future), they would be as floored. The EVE Universe is set to be the biggest and most amazing sci-fi MMO ever created. I'll do an article on this to back up the claim...and it will sit a long side my review as testaments of my awesome visionary prowess. People have no idea how deep these games are headed...the rabbit hole is DEEP AS $#@!!

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post

5.5 as the framerate would of been slightly better.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Unaidedhippo5
    Yeah the guy that wrote that article obviously only spent an hour at a max playing Dust. And it's apparent that the guy who posted this thread is a 360 lover posting on PS forums. I'll rate the game a solid 8-9/10 any day even though I've only been playing for 3 months, that's more time than most people spend on any game.
    Last edited by Ghost; 05-25-2013 at 01:12. Reason: ooops meant to quote!

PSN: Unaidedhippo5 - Dust514:Ye Be Gods - FFXIV:ARR: Yeshua Insignia

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Unaidedhipo5 View Post
    Yeah the guy that wrote that article obviously only spent an hour at a max playing Dust. And it's apparent that the guy who posted this thread is a 360 lover posting on PS forums. I'll rate the game a solid 8-9/10 any day even though I've only been playing for 3 months, that's more time than most people spend on any game.
    Some people need warm milk.

IGN seems to be doing it right. They are doing a "Review in Progress" kinda thing, instead of playing for an hour and posting something.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Played the beta, not impressed. Not entirely surprised by the score...

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    Played the beta, not impressed. Not entirely surprised by the score...
    When was the last time you played?

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Warm milk is absolutely disgusting. I might try this Dust thingy. I keep hearing about it.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 970 GTX | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

20. Likes Ghost likes this post
    PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    As someone thats tried to get into it multiple times, but couldnt, Id say its fair enough. This is just one of those games that isnt for everyone.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    As someone thats tried to get into it multiple times, but couldnt, Id say its fair enough. This is just one of those games that isnt for everyone.
    It's definitely one of those games. You either get it or you don't. If you get it, it's the most amazing game crack you can imagine, if you don't it seems like an obscure/lame shooter. Glad as $#@! that I got it! It's levelling system is what gets me...

I'm the kind of guy that carefully plans his Skyrim/Fallout 3 skill progression. I know what stats I'm to boost to get which skills in which order (written down on paper like a real nerd). These games really allowed me to sculpt and design an avatar that I felt attached to and i LOVE that in games. DUST 514 has given me that same addictive element but in an emerging sci-fi shooter epic.

It's persistent too. I love knowing that I will always be the soldier. I will learn more and more skills and be able to spec into different roles (stealth mode hack logi in the works!). In 10 years time I'll still be THE GREY CARDINAL...10 years of skill planning and accomplishment .
    Last edited by Ghost; 05-25-2013 at 10:52.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Items DoomVita
    Its kinda daft that people are only spending a few hours or days in it and expecting it to be the whole picture. People reviewing an MMORPG have to get to Endgame stuff before they can get a good idea, get all the good gear they can and whatever, people arnt putting the time in for Dust.

I know im making it sound like a job (most MMO's turn into one at somepoint) but ya have to REALY play it to get a good impression, the last build had lesser SP requitements, meaning i got to sample some real firepower with the stronger weapons, so i know what if dedicate myself to this, i will be rewarded. instead of as i asume lots of reviwers did, playing a few matches in militia or just above militia gear and being dumfounded that people with all these Dunello or whatever rifles are violating them.

The King has Returned

Forum Guru
    What do you guys expect? Many reviewers aren't going to have the time to review the game properly and that's just unfortunate, it really is. What is fortunate is that Alex has been the one to review the game for this site which means that comprehensive review is out there for people to read.

But the OP created a fair thread and I don't see why he has to get scolded for it.

PSU Ghost Syndicate Corporation | Merc: Dorada Aquila | DUST PSN: smurf1191
    My first PSU article!

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    What do you guys expect? Many reviewers aren't going to have the time to review the game properly and that's just unfortunate, it really is. What is fortunate is that Alex has been the one to review the game for this site which means that comprehensive review is out there for people to read.

But the OP created a fair thread and I don't see why he has to get scolded for it.
    *looks at member sigs in thread*

to be fair though, FG chose his words very badly. his wordage smacks of arrogance which probably elicited the responses.

but you have to admit, its the reviewers job to review the game and in the case of GT, they simply didn't do it. most reviewers are approaching dust like a pick up and play run of the mill FPS, and i think this is what gets the attention of people who would otherwise not care.

they don't go into any detail. and as an MMO this is what they should be doing.

the best way to describe it is that they are doing the game a disservice (which isn't their job)
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Items DoomVita
    You say that Holly but for example IGN gave a couple of weeks to get a good impression of Mists of Pandaria, i remember them saying it was in the works for ages. but then again like ya said, it seems most reviewers are treating this like a CoD style game

The King has Returned

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    IGN just posted the review, which they did a "review in progress" like MMOs so you cant complain they didnt spend time with it and they gave it a 5.8.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/05/30/dust-514-review

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

That sucks it's not getting very good reviews from some sites. Hopefully Sony can get PlanetSide 2 or maybe even a PlanetSide 3 going on PS4, which seems to be getting better reviews.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    A lot of reviewers will be quite surprised as time goes on and this game that they shat on at launch turns out to be the most unique and ground breaking MMO game in the industry. Most reviews have reviewed the game outside of the context of the bigger picture, which is their prerogative, I chose to review the game in the context of the big picture which is my prerogative.

A lot of what they talked about will be resolved within the next 12 months

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKYglEoJyNc

after which DUST 514 and EVE Online are going to start the real journey to becoming the most advanced war simulating MMO game ever created.

http://youtu.be/WhYkdqMpaG8?t=27m15s (explains the vision)

One day people will see that I know what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by Ghost; 05-30-2013 at 08:04.

Thread Information