Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    That's pretty much what I said. Once the price drops sales will pick up.

At this point the 360 needs to be $150. Price is the only real reason to get one. Especially when Sony is still putting exclusives out for the PS3 and MS isn't.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Exclusives don't have any real effect on sales this late in the generation. Despite the fact that the Xbox 360 is only selling 120,000 units a month, that's still higher than the PS3 and Wii U sales numbers.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    Exclusives don't have any real effect on sales this late in the generation. Despite the fact that the Xbox 360 is only selling 120,000 units a month, that's still higher than the PS3 and Wii U sales numbers.
    Which proves my original statement that MS won't sell even 1 million consoles between now and the One launch.

360 sales will continue to be anemic until there is a substantial price drop.

I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Forum Overseer

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    That's like saying "games" don't have any real effect this late into the generation.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    So does Team Fortress 2, on the PC. It did squat on the 360. Really no comparison at all.

And what has beyond done on PS3? Nothing, because it hasn't even been released yet. I don't see the logic here. You are right, the games don't compare because they are totally different. WOT tanks isn't on xbox360 yet but you can bet it will be a popular online title for xbox360. One I do know. TLOU and Beyond will never top those online numbers.

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    And what has beyond done on PS3? Nothing, because it hasn't even been released yet. I don't see the logic here.
    But TLOU did. The point is that more than likely these small titles aren't going to make the bang those big AAA titles did. Does that need to be explained?
    You are right, the games don't compare because they are totally different. WOT tanks isn't on xbox360 yet but you can bet it will be a popular online title for xbox360. One I do know. TLOU and Beyond will never top those online numbers.
    and yet you want to compare the PC players to PS3? makes total sense! Beyond has an online play? You're awesome at analogies.

Isn't WOT tanks a network title? If it's really popular, it's still not going to rake in the profits/sales and console sales TLOU likely did. How much Geometry Wars sell? I read somewhere it was 1m.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    But TLOU did. The point is that more than likely these small titles aren't going to make the bang those big AAA titles did. Does that need to be explained?
    lol..so now this is about money.
    and yet you want to compare the PC players to PS3? makes total sense! Beyond has an online play? You're awesome at analogies.
    I'm not the one who made the comparisons. I agreed they don't compare because on one hand you have an online game and a downloadable open world XBLA game. On the othe other hand you have a recent release and one that still is in development. Not much of a comparison there, but i do know which is played by more gamers and it's WOT. But people are free to think however they want. After all, in your mind anything's possible....lol

Isn't WOT tanks a network title? If it's really popular, it's still not going to rake in the profits/sales and console sales TLOU likely did. How much Geometry Wars sell? I read somewhere it was 1m.
    Exactly, and it's the only one in this discussion which makes the comparisons to others pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Hey, which ever list floats your boat at the time

I doubt any of the 6 million people that bought Minecraft for Xbox 360 did either
    Bam...and school is over. I't's ok bro. They can think whatever. Like I said above, in your own mind anything's possible.....lol You can even imagine peter pan and the easter bunny in a caged fight....lol
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 07-02-2013 at 17:35.

Forum Overseer

lol..so now this is about money.
    Umm...yes i brought that up to help you guys understand why it's more important to have an AAA title, but more importantly console sales. A game like TLOU will push far more console sales than a network title like tanks whatever the name is. That’s been the entire point of this recent discussion.

I'm not the one who made the comparisons.
    right old gamer did but just because it’s unreleased, doesn’t mean that we can’t forecast that the game is or isn’t going to move consoles as much or whether it's a title as important as a big budget title. However, you were quick to make a comparison yourself here:
    You're right.World of Tanks has over 60 million online players. Really no comparison there.
    I agreed they don't compare because on one hand you have an online game and a downloadable open world XBLA game. On the othe other hand you have a recent release and one that still is in development.
    that was the guy’s point. They don’t compare because one is more important than the other. You’re the one who went into more detail trying to disprove that and now that you failed, you're admitting that it was invalid. good job, i didn't need to argue much here.

Not much of a comparison there, but i do know which ise is played by more gamers and it's WOT. But are free to think however they want. After all, in your mind anything's possible....lol
    and yet you continue to make a comparison, which is moot in so many ways...and again with the PC version, which makes no sense as we're talking about consoles.
    Exactly, and it's the only one in this discussion which makes the comparisons to others pointless.
    you’re confused lol.
    Bam...and school is over. I't's ok bro. They can think whatever. Like I said above, in your own mind anything's possible.....lol You can even imagine peter pan and the easter bunny in a caged fight....lol
    does not change much here. network titles don't move consoles nearly as much as high-budget titles.
    So is it about sales today, or is today graphics day? I think tomorrow is footprint size day. It will be "All games larger than 2gb FTW Wednesday" debate!
    lol we're talking about titles that are important this late in the generation. How many publications were talking about TLOU before it was released and how many are talking about the tank game?

not every argument is going to be about the exact thing, every time. you figured it out mr. soldier sir, different discussions have different focus points lol.
    Or about games that haven't been released yet, but lets compare themanyway...lol
    ok, but it’s not about if it’s unreleased or not, it’s about the fact that you’re comparing a minigame to full game…I’m putting it in different terms so you guys can understand better.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Ms misses alot of targets lately, sure this one will fall, lol 360 is already dead for a few years, wake up everybody lol. Are you proud of minecraft and an online tank game? amazing.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Which proves my original statement that MS won't sell even 1 million consoles between now and the One launch.

360 sales will continue to be anemic until there is a substantial price drop.

I thought you meant the year's sales won't reach 1 million by the time of the Xbox One launch. But these sales aren't poor. The Xbox 360 stands as the top selling console right now even compared to the Wii U. But yes, a price cut is needed for these last gen consoles if they want to get a bigger boost in sales, especially for the PS3 where the PS4 is only a hundred dollars more in price.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    Ms misses alot of targets lately, sure this one will fall, lol 360 is already dead for a few years, wake up everybody lol. Are you proud of minecraft and an online tank game? amazing.
    I don't care for much Minecraft. obviously plenty others do. Now WOT is

Forum Overseer

and no one would disagree with that but yes, they aren't as important as big budget games.

i would love to play minecraft.

Soldier 95B
    60 Million players for WOT on PC? Dang that is a lot.

Forum Overseer

yea pc has an advantage there with all the casuals. don't forget how much popular counter strike was (or still probably is). i think they went over 100m.

then there's farmville, we don't even talk about that.

Elite Sage
    60 Million players for WOT on PC? Dang that is a lot.
    It's a very popular game and a welcome addition to xbox360. I play WOT with a lot of xbl members.

Soldier 95B
    It's a very popular game and a welcome addition to xbox360. I play WOT with a lot of xbl members.
    I will assume WOT Xbox 360 Edition will not talk to WOT PC?

Soldier 95B
    If all you are going to do is throw insults back and forth, we can close this thread too. Cleaned.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Gears:judgement wasn't a system seller nor does the 360 have any potential system sellers coming later in the year. Period. Without a price cut the sales will continue to decline YOY. no "insults";no room to prove me wrong either
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 07-02-2013 at 22:31.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    I thought you meant the year's sales won't reach 1 million by the time of the Xbox One launch. But these sales aren't poor. The Xbox 360 stands as the top selling console right now even compared to the Wii U. But yes, a price cut is needed for these last gen consoles if they want to get a bigger boost in sales, especially for the PS3 where the PS4 is only a hundred dollars more in price.
    Go back and read my post. I said they won't sell one million between now and the release of the One. Yes, sales are poor. 114,000 in a month is piss poor.

Since we're talking about the 360 we need to keep the PS3 and Wii U out of the discussion.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Gears:judgement wasn't a system seller nor does the 360 have any potential system sellers coming later in the year. Period. Without a price cut the sales will continue to decline YOY. no "insults";no room to prove me wrong either
    New redesigned 360 is a system seller. This holiday it will sell like crazy. The games are already there.

20. Likes Omar likes this post
    Superior Member
    New redesigned 360 is a system seller. This holiday it will sell like crazy. The games are already there.
    As long as there is a price drop. Can't see paying $300 for it when another $100 gets you a brand new PS4.

22. Likes Omar, Shingo , Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    Gears:judgement wasn't a system seller nor does the 360 have any potential system sellers coming later in the year.
    I don't see any potential system sellers from any console in their 8th year.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I don't see any potential system sellers from any console in their 8th year.
    Subject: 360.

And as I stated in my full post(that you half quoted), the 360 will need a price cut to boost those sales up.

Edit:A comment in which you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about because we don't know what's in the ps3's 8th year line up I guess you want to keep swaying the topic so you can close it like you warned when you "cleaned" up this thread. Then you'll want to place the blame on others. Nice tactic.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 07-03-2013 at 14:46.

Soldier 95B
    Subject: 360.

And as I stated in my full post(that you half quoted), the 360 will need a price cut to boost those sales up.
    Subject: Got it.
    My comment: made a general comment.
    Full post: read it.

Cheers.

Elite Sage
    As long as there is a price drop. Can't see paying $300 for it when another $100 gets you a brand new PS4.

Not when that extra $100 can get you more games. Can't say that about the new consoles.

Superior Member
    Not when that extra $100 can get you more games. Can't say that about the new consoles.

So that's another $200 from the starting point. Too much for many people in today's economy.

More games? Lol!

Thread Information