Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    So that's another $200 from the starting point. Too much for many people in today's economy.

So are the new consoles

More games? Lol!
    yes, hundreds of cheaper games or a few more expensive ones? It's not a hard choice for some people. These new consoles aren't gonna initially sell the way you guys think they are. Not when there are cheaper one's out there. Xbox 360 and ps3 are gonna sell really well this holiday too.

Forum Overseer
    are you seriously arguing that an 8 year old $300 console will compete with a next-gen $400 console?

There is going to be a price cut (or insane deals) before next-gen consoles are out or they will have gone crazy.

The huge elephant in the room is that the demand for a next-gen console is going to be way higher. So $300 is not going to stick then.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    So are the new consoles

yes, hundreds of cheaper games or a few more expensive ones? It's not a hard choice for some people. These new consoles aren't gonna initially sell the way you guys think they are. Not when there are cheaper one's out there. Xbox 360 and ps3 are gonna sell really well this holiday too.
    You're mixing different points together. At least from what I was discussing.

My point is this and this only. People are NOT going to pay $300 for a 360 once the next gen consoles are released. I guarantee it. I'll wager whatever you want.

If the price doesn't drop sales will be less than 75,000 per month. That's even being optimistic.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Soldier 95B

My point is this and this only. People are NOT going to pay $300 for a 360 once the next gen consoles are released. I guarantee it. I'll wager whatever you want.

If the price doesn't drop sales will be less than 75,000 per month. That's even being optimistic.

Would you be willing to bet that the price is gonna drop? Would you be willing to bet they thought of that?

Forum Overseer
    You think the price won't drop? LOL. $#@! I'm in this. This better be a fun bet.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    You think the price won't drop? LOL. $#@! I'm in this. This better be a fun bet.
    Agreed! I figured Old Man would have thought that the price would just naturally drop. I guarantee it will drop! I hope the bet is taken

Forum Overseer
    what is the bet again? lol

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Agreed! I figured Old Man would have thought that the price would just naturally drop. I guarantee it will drop! I hope the bet is taken
    I'm POSITIVE it will drop. It HAS to drop. Another person on this thread said that it didn't need to. I say it does.

Forum Overseer
    yea what old gamer said, i'm betting on him.

Forum Sage

yes they will. A 300 dollar console with a huge library of cheap games will still get those average gamers. The masses aren't waiting on ps4 and xbox-one. You throw in a $50 dollar price drop and it's even harder to turn down.

Forum Overseer
    yes they will. A 300 dollar console with a huge library of cheap games will still get those average gamers. The masses aren't waiting on ps4 and xbox-one. You throw in a $50 dollar price drop and it's even harder to turn down.
    ok so you're agreeing with us then.

Forum Sage
    ok so you're agreeing with us then.
    Well, he's saying that people aren't gonna buy xbox360 at $300 just because of the launch of new consoles. I don't think that's true. The masses aren't waiting for the launch of ps4 or xbox-one. They are waiting for those prices to drop before they buy. So a $300 xbox360 or ps3 with a huge library of cheap games looks more enticing. You guys are forgetting the fact that consoles aren't just bought by young single people and hardcore gamers.

Forum Overseer
    Well, he's saying that people aren't gonna buy xbox360 at $300 just because of the launch of new consoles. I don't think that's true. The masses aren't waiting for the launch of ps4 or xbox-one. They are waiting for those prices to drop before they buy. So a $300 xbox360 or ps3 with a huge library of cheap games looks more enticing. You guys are forgetting the fact that consoles aren't just bought by young single people and hardcore gamers.
    what i got from him was that it will sell, just not as much as it's selling right now and MS already knows this so they aren't going to let that happen and they will slash the price.

there's a reason why the $99 (rumored?) 360 is in the works. They know all of this. At $99, it's an amazing bargain and it will sell like hot cakes. I'll be sure to grab one too...not that i wouldn't pay for a 360 right now at $299 but because I just don't have enough time so $99 sounds better for my circumstances.

Forum Sage
    what i got from him was that it will sell, just not as much as it's selling right now and MS already knows this so they aren't going to let that happen and they will slash the price.

there's a reason why the $99 (rumored?) 360 is in the works. They know all of this. At $99, it's an amazing bargain and it will sell like hot cakes. I'll be sure to grab one too...not that i wouldn't pay for a 360 right now at $299 but because I just don't have enough time so $99 sounds better for my circumstances.
    That's not what I got from this:
    Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer

My point is that they will even without a price drop. The deal is still more enticing than paying $100 to $200 more for a console with less more expensive games.

Forum Overseer
    My point is that they will even without a price drop. The deal is still more enticing than paying $100 to $200 more for a console with less more expensive games.
    If that's what you think he means then you should go back to the beginning of this thread and understand that you're mistakenly taking his words out of context. He's not going to put up a disclaimer in every one of his posts. He's not saying that 360 won't sell at all...zilch, zero, he's saying that they're not going to sell as good.

yes, like you're saying too, it will still sell, that state is vague and moot because it's also still selling in Japan too. think about what i just did there.

the price will need to be slashed to keep a healthy sell through. I'm talking about both consoles.

Superior Member

There are stupid people out there who will buy anything. I believe I put a number of 75,000/month without a price drop.

That amount won't even pay the poor Foxconn workers who assemble the thing.

It doesn't even have a blu ray player. I could see paying extra for a PS3 because you're getting cheap games plus the blu ray. The 360, not so much.

Forum Sage
    There are stupid people out there who will buy anything. I believe I put a number of 75,000/month without a price drop.
    That could said about people who buy the new consoles or plenty of other things.

It doesn't even have a blu ray player. I could see paying extra for a PS3 because you're getting cheap games plus the blu ray. The 360, not so much.
    Maybe, if this was 2005 0r 2006. But nowadays, a blu-ray player isn't as enticing as it used to be. Digital is pretty wide spread nowadays anyway.

Forum Overseer
    So what are you saying dude? MS isn't going to slash the price?

Soldier 95B
    I'm POSITIVE it will drop. It HAS to drop. Another person on this thread said that it didn't need to. I say it does.

Ah, ok. So we are on the same page then. No bet needed...cuz we would both lose, and win, lol.

Thread Information