Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

I think I almost prevented a fight in a movie theater.

Warning: Long read, also, questions at the end, inb4 TL;DR, inb4 cool story bro. Just read all of it please.

Fast 6. Great, but not as excellent as Fast 5. Also, interesting thing happened at the theater tonight. I think I prevented a fight from happening at the top row of the movie theater. This is where a moral dilemma comes into play, and it's obvious who was in the right, but still. So, I'm in my seat, the theater fills up because Fast 6 is gonna make a box office hit this week and this group of four assholes come up. Now why are they assholes you might ask? Well, continue reading.

There's a couple 3 seats away from me, I chose the last seat to the right of the row because it gives me leg room. Anyway, this couple is middle-aged, peaceful fellows. Now approaches group of 4 assholes. They ask us if the three seats are taken, which they aren't and we tell them they aren't. But here comes the problem, there are four of them, and three seats. They ask the couple, who have two empty seats next to them to move over only once so that they can be with their "bros".

The couple refuse to move, and it's the middle-aged lady who tells them to $#@! off, not literally saying that to them, as they are burly men, but you get the idea. Anyway, these guys don't let up, they ask again, the couple says no. I gotta give it to the 4 assholes for being persistent; they ask again, the wife says no, and that's when the husband tries to get in on this.

I didn't make out what everyone looked like, but the alpha douche in the group raised his voice, and that's when everyone in the theater noticed. Luckily, some of the managers were there at the bottom guiding people to sit since it's gonna be a full house. Anyway, the husband says something along the lines of "I'm not moving, I paid for this ticket, this is my seat" and the wife says "I like these seats, I can see everything." When realistically, if they had moved, there would have been no difference to their point of view, just mere inches.

So I looked down at the audience and one of the audience notifies the manager to come up there and sort this out. At this point, things were just inches away from a real fight because the husband said something in a loud tone, and one of the burly henchman in the group stood up to his face and asked why he's being loud. Well, I think it's pretty obvious why; overly obnoxious $#@!heads being self-entitled to an extra seat. I think at one point, I heard the wife say, "what, you wanna hold hands?" And there were extra seats available right in the row in front of me where they could still communicate about pillaging and plundering their next "hoe".

This is when I came to a realization that I could easily move there, but I didn't. I waited it out because I like my seat, extra leg room. So, the manager says to the couple that it's courteous to move a seat down for a group. Realistically, they should have done that, but the couple were very adamant of the first come, first serve unwritten rule. Then again, these group of douchebags were obnoxious and very rude. One of them wanted to fight, over a $#@!ing seat, ffs.

Anyway, the manager tries to calm things down, they still argue. "Let's take this outside" was one of the statements I heard from the husband, and I figured he had no chance against 4 guys. So, they argue, the manager tries to be a peace-keeper and tries to sympathize with both parties. Finally, one of the more intelligent men in that group notices that I have the extra seat. He says "yo buddy, do you wanna move? there's an extra seat right there" and it's in the same row, just next to wife and another middle aged man. I immediately move, as I've run the scenario of me saying no in my head, and getting my ass kicked. And these guys look like they work out and take selfies in the bathroom, post it on facebook and get all the gullible girls to like their photos and sleep with them, later to find out that they will be used and abused.

So, I move. I sit next to the peaceful couple and the middle-aged man. As I sit down, the 4th asshole takes his seat, and the audience cheers and claps in a very sarcastic way which made the night for me. The middle-aged man on my left says to me "Thank you, you just prevented a fight". Technically I didn't wanna move until I was asked, or I was gonna get my ass handed to me. So, I dunno if I did prevent that or save my own ass out of selfishness, but it felt good.

Moral of the story: When you see a pack of young people who are anxious to see a movie that appeals to their lifestyle and the way they talk and dress, get the $#@! out out of their way. Also, I hate my generation. /facepalmed so hard.

So who was really in the right here? The peaceful couple who refused to move a seat down, or the obnoxious gorillas who would resort to a fight otherwise, despite having two seats available in row in front of me for their 4th butt-buddy to sit in.

2. Likes Nitey , F34R likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I stopped going to theaters after my experience with obnoxious people. Not that they did anything to us but I can't watch movies in peace without having chatty people around.

Anyways it sucks to relinquish your seat like that since it was comfortable for you but in a way you prevented an all out battle. The fact that the husband was confident gives me an eerie feeling that he wasn't your average Joe.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    I stopped going to theaters after my experience with obnoxious people. Not that they did anything to us but I can't watch movies in peace without having chatty people around.

Anyways it sucks to relinquish your seat like that since it was comfortable for you but in a way you prevented an all out battle. The fact that the husband was confident gives me an eerie feeling that he wasn't your average Joe.
    He was actually pretty skinny. But he had balls. I would have moved. The odds definitely would not seem in my favor. And unfortunately there's always gonna be a chatty person or group at any theater you go to. It's just how lucky you are when you sit. And if it's not a chatty couple, it's some asshole checking his phone for the latest facebook update. Some people have no manners whatsoever.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    I have not been to the movies in over 3 years and i am glad i do not anymore... The asswholes you get in the threat are so dumb..

Big up too you friend, for helping
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Super Elite

I don't see why the couple didn't just move a seat. Those guys asked for the seat, there was no reason for that couple to tell them to get lost and not move over. The guy wanting to fight was stupid but I'd be $#@!ing pissed too if I went to a movie with friends and a couple refuse to move over 1 spot just for the hell of it.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Rude people, are rude.

On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Good job! I agree with pretty much everything you said except for the moral of the story. If there's one thing I hate it's youngsters trying to act like punks because they think they're cool. I'd rather get my ass handed to me and defend myself with all means possible than to move out of their way because otherwise they will continue on with that attitude for the rest of their lives.

Beating up a bully WILL make a difference in the way he behaves because no longer will he be the alpha male. He might still be just as stupid as before but he won't walk around like the king any longer.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Wow they both made big deals about it so lame. Big ups to you man.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    tldr; but the title says it all lol. You should get an infraction for preventing the entertainment

11. Likes Fon likes this post
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Good job Dre. So nothing happened after the movie?

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Even if there were 4 spare seats, there's nothing worse than getting a nice roomy seat for yourself, then a loud obnoxious group sits right next to you (or worse right behind) just as the movie starts.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    $#@!ty situation. The couple could have easily moved as you said, but I suppose the obnoxious attitude of that group of four guys was never gonna help. Fair play for moving Dre. From your write up I don't think they would have beaten you up though :P

If no one moved I reckon the manager would have just called security or whatever, and have those guys sit in the row in front of you. But then I guess they would have been $#@!s throughout the whole film if that happened

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Yeah they surprisingly weren't chatty at all after the movie started, and nothing happened either, which I was anticipating that something would happen. I even stayed outside the theater a minute longer to see if anything was gonna happen, nothing.

I hope one day, they get into that situation, with another group that is just as dumb as they are. Then we'll really see a fight. And the best part would be that they would all get kicked out.

Elite Guru
    The real moral is 'be excellent to each other' (thanks, Bill & Ted).

The couple could quite easily have moved. Also nice to see the wife doesn't mind speaking up when it's only the poor husband at risk of a beating. Irritates the sh*t out of me. Anyway...

When they said no (as, to be fair; they're entitled to do) the group should just have moved elsewhere.

They all had their idiot moments by the sounds of things, and you were the only one rational/reasonable enough to see it's not worth getting into a battle over. Well done.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Thanks Dre, for letting the couple stay together and watch the movie together without being disturbed. People have no matters these days. You open the door for someone and they don't even say "Thank you" anymore. People are so selfish in today's world.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

18. Likes Fon likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Yeah they surprisingly weren't chatty at all after the movie started, and nothing happened either, which I was anticipating that something would happen. I even stayed outside the theater a minute longer to see if anything was gonna happen, nothing.

I hope one day, they get into that situation, with another group that is just as dumb as they are. Then we'll really see a fight. And the best part would be that they would all get kicked out.
    Welp, karma is a $#@!, apparently. +1 for the good guys lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Thanks Dre, for letting the couple stay together and watch the movie together without being disturbed. People have no matters these days. You open the door for someone and they don't even say "Thank you" anymore. People are so selfish in today's world.
    Aint that the $#@!ing truth

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    That couple would've just pissed me off, I mean FFS one seat makes no difference whatsoever...it's as if they wanted to make a scene, I hate people who get older and think they can do WTF they want.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

21. Likes Leviticus likes this post
    Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    That couple would've just pissed me off, I mean FFS one seat makes no difference whatsoever...it's as if they wanted to make a scene, I hate people who get older and think they can do WTF they want.
    Actually I always like sitting in middle row in the middle bit of the cinema because that way your not to close to speakers but just far enough they are loud from all angles, so yes if I get there first and I get a seat, damn well I'm keeping it.

Thank you itachi

23. Likes x_terna likes this post
    Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    They're older people, why do they have to get up and lose their seats? It's not about them trying to make you mad and do whatever they want to do. It's not about that at all.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Sounds a bit rough for Canada, I always thought you guys fought like this:
    Man 1: I bet your mom is a real nice lady.
    Man 2: Yeah? I bet your mom could iron my shirt.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

26. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Warning: Long read, also, questions at the end, inb4 TL;DR, inb4 cool story bro. Just read all of it please.

Fast 6. Great, but not as excellent as Fast 5. Also, interesting thing happened at the theater tonight. I think I prevented a fight from happening at the top row of the movie theater. This is where a moral dilemma comes into play, and it's obvious who was in the right, but still. So, I'm in my seat, the theater fills up because Fast 6 is gonna make a box office hit this week and this group of four assholes come up. Now why are they assholes you might ask? Well, continue reading.

There's a couple 3 seats away from me, I chose the last seat to the right of the row because it gives me leg room. Anyway, this couple is middle-aged, peaceful fellows. Now approaches group of 4 assholes. They ask us if the three seats are taken, which they aren't and we tell them they aren't. But here comes the problem, there are four of them, and three seats. They ask the couple, who have two empty seats next to them to move over only once so that they can be with their "bros".

The couple refuse to move, and it's the middle-aged lady who tells them to $#@! off, not literally saying that to them, as they are burly men, but you get the idea. Anyway, these guys don't let up, they ask again, the couple says no. I gotta give it to the 4 assholes for being persistent; they ask again, the wife says no, and that's when the husband tries to get in on this.

I didn't make out what everyone looked like, but the alpha douche in the group raised his voice, and that's when everyone in the theater noticed. Luckily, some of the managers were there at the bottom guiding people to sit since it's gonna be a full house. Anyway, the husband says something along the lines of "I'm not moving, I paid for this ticket, this is my seat" and the wife says "I like these seats, I can see everything." When realistically, if they had moved, there would have been no difference to their point of view, just mere inches.

So I looked down at the audience and one of the audience notifies the manager to come up there and sort this out. At this point, things were just inches away from a real fight because the husband said something in a loud tone, and one of the burly henchman in the group stood up to his face and asked why he's being loud. Well, I think it's pretty obvious why; overly obnoxious $#@!heads being self-entitled to an extra seat. I think at one point, I heard the wife say, "what, you wanna hold hands?" And there were extra seats available right in the row in front of me where they could still communicate about pillaging and plundering their next "hoe".

This is when I came to a realization that I could easily move there, but I didn't. I waited it out because I like my seat, extra leg room. So, the manager says to the couple that it's courteous to move a seat down for a group. Realistically, they should have done that, but the couple were very adamant of the first come, first serve unwritten rule. Then again, these group of douchebags were obnoxious and very rude. One of them wanted to fight, over a $#@!ing seat, ffs.

Anyway, the manager tries to calm things down, they still argue. "Let's take this outside" was one of the statements I heard from the husband, and I figured he had no chance against 4 guys. So, they argue, the manager tries to be a peace-keeper and tries to sympathize with both parties. Finally, one of the more intelligent men in that group notices that I have the extra seat. He says "yo buddy, do you wanna move? there's an extra seat right there" and it's in the same row, just next to wife and another middle aged man. I immediately move, as I've run the scenario of me saying no in my head, and getting my ass kicked. And these guys look like they work out and take selfies in the bathroom, post it on facebook and get all the gullible girls to like their photos and sleep with them, later to find out that they will be used and abused.

So, I move. I sit next to the peaceful couple and the middle-aged man. As I sit down, the 4th asshole takes his seat, and the audience cheers and claps in a very sarcastic way which made the night for me. The middle-aged man on my left says to me "Thank you, you just prevented a fight". Technically I didn't wanna move until I was asked, or I was gonna get my ass handed to me. So, I dunno if I did prevent that or save my own ass out of selfishness, but it felt good.

Moral of the story: When you see a pack of young people who are anxious to see a movie that appeals to their lifestyle and the way they talk and dress, get the $#@! out out of their way. Also, I hate my generation. /facepalmed so hard.

So who was really in the right here? The peaceful couple who refused to move a seat down, or the obnoxious gorillas who would resort to a fight otherwise, despite having two seats available in row in front of me for their 4th butt-buddy to sit in.
    You could have done all of that by just whipping it out and $#@!ing off. Pretty sure the 4 guys would have dropped it and sat elsewhere.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Final Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Good job Dre. My biggest problem at theaters is getting there at a good time, pick the perfect seats and the movie starts. Que late ass group of people who sit right in front of me.

And of course the dude is tall. It's good you prevented it, which would've been a sad reason for a fight.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    They're older people, why do they have to get up and lose their seats? It's not about them trying to make you mad and do whatever they want to do. It's not about that at all.
    Get up and lose their seat? They had to move 1 seat. And why the $#@! would it matter if they're older people? Why does that matter in any way? So what is it about, if it's definitely not them trying to make you mad/do whatever, since you seem to be in the know?

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Wrath: In any other situation where it's just ONE guy, I would have stood up for myself if he asked me to move, but there are four guys and one of me. And all look like they'be been to the gym. I respect your point, but realistically, everyone who's ever stood up to bullies has only stood up to one at a time.

XMW: True, the couple could have moved, but the group of douchbags were rude first. The couple tried to be nice about it, and there were seats in front of me where that one guy could have sat. But again, the couple could have moved. I'd say both parties are at fault here.

MATRIX 2: You do that first, and post the video (up until the cops come), and the result. If it works, I'll try it next time.

Thread Information