Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 78
  1. #1
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    Microsoft blames gaming media for Xbox One consumer rage


  2. #2
    Trying not to break stuff...
    DarkVincent07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    22
    Posts
    17,326
    Rep Power
    108
    Points
    48,922 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Blame yourselves, honestly


    Via Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Blame yourselves, honestly Via Tapatalk
    Yep exactly.

  4. #4
    Superior Member
    Old Man Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    840
    Rep Power
    23
    Points
    7,850 (0 Banked)
    Wow! They're blaming everyone else. Perhaps they need to give some straight forward answers so we, the consumer, can decide.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

  5. #5
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,633
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    1,078 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    wait they are blaming the outside world for their failings... Talk about out sourcing the problem
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  6. #6
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    22,965
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    109,514 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    They had the stage for an hour (or as long as they wanted to, frankly) and could have explained the important stuff rather than pimp TV functions and bullshotted sports titles to us. They have not a soul to blame but themselves.

    Frankly, the fact that they have this expectation that the media should play along with their bull$#@! speaks volumes about them as a company. The media is an information outlet, not a launch partner.

  7. #7
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,581
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    122,002 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Impeach Steve Ballmer.

  8. #8
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,633
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    1,078 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Impeach Steve Ballmer.
    I say hit them with peaches
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  9. #9
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    514
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    827 (0 Banked)
    Am I the only one who doesn't seem anything in that article that supports the title. The statement was that initial reports regarding used games were inaccurate and incomplete (true), but it doesn't say anything about blaming the gaming media for "consumer rage".

    The article itself is fine, and reasonable people can agree or disagree. The title, however, is crap.

  10. Likes F34R likes this post
  11. #10
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,581
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    122,002 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Wow look at all the comments below that article...I can't tell if everyone is trolling but they aren't happy.

  12. #11
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Posts
    1,062
    Rep Power
    18
    Points
    12,958 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    I say hit them with peaches
    Now that's just peachy.

  13. Likes Lefein, claud3 likes this post
  14. #12
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,633
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    1,078 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    Now that's just peachy.
    That my friend, is the fruit of are lives right there
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  15. #13
    Veteran
    Cyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,276
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    11,593 (0 Banked)
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    When the game media sucks you off for an entire generation, displaying outrageous levels of favouritism, I guess it's natural to expect it to continue.

    You still got Polygon, MS

  16. #14
    Superior Member
    Old Man Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    840
    Rep Power
    23
    Points
    7,850 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    When the game media sucks you off for an entire generation, displaying outrageous levels of favouritism, I guess it's natural to expect it to continue.

    You still got Polygon, MS
    Favoritism? Absolutely not!

    I keep hearing that same crap around here but there is nothing to support it. Just because the 360 is doing well everyone thinks the media is in bed with MS.

    That's just delusional.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

  17. #15
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,832
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    6,744,638 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Rad isn't the topic of this thread, so it appears you are discussing the poster and not the post, which isn't allowed.

  18. #16
    Master Guru
    MjW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,471
    Rep Power
    98
    Points
    7,262 (44,164 Banked)
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Seriously the negativity started during the show. Approximately around the time the word "TV" was mentioned for the 84th time.


    On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

    .

  19. #17
    Superior Member
    Old Man Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    840
    Rep Power
    23
    Points
    7,850 (0 Banked)
    ""Please disregard**
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

  20. #18
    Veteran
    Cyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,276
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    11,593 (0 Banked)
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    Favoritism? Absolutely not!

    I keep hearing that same crap around here but there is nothing to support it. Just because the 360 is doing well everyone thinks the media is in bed with MS.

    That's just delusional.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Where have you been the past 7 years.

  21. #19
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,581
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    122,002 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    Favoritism? Absolutely not!

    I keep hearing that same crap around here but there is nothing to support it. Just because the 360 is doing well everyone thinks the media is in bed with MS.

    That's just delusional.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Here's the issue, the 360 was doing well but the PS3 was doing better. Still the media was sucking off MS. Wonder why?

    I guess there's money to be made with controversy, as evidenced here.

  22. #20
    Superior Member
    Old Man Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    840
    Rep Power
    23
    Points
    7,850 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Where have you been the past 7 years.
    Besides the paranoia here, can you provide any evidence to support this ridiculous assumption.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Here's the issue, the 360 was doing well but the PS3 was doing better. Still the media was sucking off MS. Wonder why?

    I guess there's money to be made with controversy, as evidenced here.
    Do either of you have anything to support this or is this just something that people around here use to justify the 360's success?
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

  23. #21
    Banned

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    930
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    11,608 (0 Banked)
    The baseless accusations of favoritism in the press again? Another 2005 bull talking point strikes again.

  24. #22
    Flaw3d Genius
    Guest
    Another thread reeking of paranoia...I thought the paranoid android days were gone.

  25. #23
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,581
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    122,002 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    Besides the paranoia here, can you provide any evidence to support this ridiculous assumption.



    Do either of you have anything to support this or is this just something that people around here use to justify the 360's success?
    Do you think anyone has time to go back 7+ years to research all of that crap? I know what happened, everyone here knows what happened.

    Yea, I don't think there was a conspiracy but I'm sure some gifts were given out (there were reports of this) but mostly people wanted to see Sony down because that was good for news business.

    Bad press is bad for Sony and good for news outlets.

    Some examples are when Kotaku and especially N4G and 1UP straight up trolled Sony by putting up obviously biased articles. I mean, it's one thing that you're reporting bad news, it's another to mock them and put up photoshop pics of them...that shows that you're more interested in smearing and talking about the news. I'm sure it was all for getting hits.

    I'm assuming you're not a big news reader or a forum goer...wait I just saw your join date and posts confirmed!

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    The baseless accusations of favoritism in the press again? Another 2005 bull talking point strikes again.
    It's not favoritism, it's sensationalism. What do you think is going on right now? The press is having a ball with this.

  26. #24
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    22,965
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    109,514 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    Seriously the negativity started during the show. Approximately around the time the word "TV" was mentioned for the 84th time.


    On the move with Tapatalk
    LOL, pretty much /thread

  27. #25
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,141
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    17,261 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Do you think anyone has time to go back 7+ years to research all of that crap? I know what happened, everyone here knows what happened.

    Yea, I don't think there was a conspiracy but I'm sure some gifts were given out (there were reports of this) but mostly people wanted to see Sony down because that was good for news business.

    Bad press is bad for Sony and good for news outlets.

    Some examples are when Kotaku and especially N4G and 1UP straight up trolled Sony by putting up obviously biased articles. I mean, it's one thing that you're reporting bad news, it's another to mock them and put up photoshop pics of them...that shows that you're more interested in smearing and talking about the news. I'm sure it was all for getting hits.

    I'm assuming you're not a big news reader or a forum goer...wait I just saw your join date and posts confirmed!

    It's not favoritism, it's sensationalism. What do you think is going on right now? The press is having a ball with this.
    You forgot IGN. They where probably the worse.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,




Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.