Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by X2 View Post
    Gamestop: Xbox One will be priced less than the Xbox 360
    Could've sworn they said that about both consoles. Or there was an article that did mention that.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Great post for the most part yourself there Koaster.

A couple of things though, we don't know if Xbox will be cheaper. What I meant was that they chose the route of GDDR3 to keep the costs low in the future, so they can reduce the price faster.

Now it might as well be cheaper than the PS4 and I wouldn't be surprised but with Kinect 2.0 bundled in like you said, I think it'll be difficult.

Secondly we also don't know that the total power of both consoles will be that close...from the reports so far, it might be a lot more than 8%...I'd think the general differences will be around the number you said but when taking advantage of the consoles, I think it will definitely be more apparent.

We'll just have to wait and see, for all we know, maybe there won't be a big difference after all. We have no idea but it definitely doesn't look that close from the specs.
    Well what I meant by the minor increase in top speed was to illustrate the law of diminishing returns. Graphics are getting better, but not the leaps and bounds better then the previous generation despite the much larger increases in computing power. This had been discussed in graphics circles for years and as years go on, it will get worse and worse.

Although graphics effects have increased more and more... the artists have to point them out to us a lot of times. I mean..... going from DirectX 9 to 10 to 11 is getting less and less noticeable since a lot of the effects are subtle. That will only get less and less noticeable as we go onward.

So while the PS4 may have more horsepower then the Xbox One, I believe it's gonna manifest itself more in an increase in framerate far more than the overall look graphically.

Extreme Poster
    Yea I agree and I think it's really up to the dev which way they want to go. Some will choose frame rate, some might choose little details here and there. objects etc.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    We may have the answer of this questions at the end of this gen maybe but I won't use "casual gamers" term anymore, I think it lost it's meaning, they are not subclass of gamers anymore but diffrent class. they are not gamers since they don't play games. GOW is a game, Tomb raider is a game. And they surely don't play those.
    I am a ps3 - pc gamer but time by time , I wish to buy a 360 as a gamer, to try their games, since they have games I wish to try. But as a gamer, if ms continue this way with their next-gen device, this won't happen gamer-wise. My gamer side is not wishing this, this doesn't mean I won't wish it, but I am %100 sure my gamer-side won't.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    jhuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Could've sworn they said that about both consoles. Or there was an article that did mention that.
    I remember the article. But it was only saying that the consoles would be priced less AT LAUNCH. So supposedly no $599 PS4 like the PS3 was when it first came out. Hopefully true!

All you have to decide is what to do with the time give to you....
    http://www.woodchuckproductions.net

Extreme Poster
    Yea I guess it is possible for the One to be cheaper than the PS4. It makes sense. Though I'd be surprised with the Kinect 2.0 bundled in...at less than $399 that'd be an insane value.

Unless they have one version that is less than $399 and the other at $399, which is also possible.

Flaw3d Genius
    I'd put money on PS4 being cheaper than Xbox One.

Pre-ordered both tonight! Boom!

PSN ID
    TheExpertz
    The XBOX just has more information released. Nobody knows a lot about the PS4 console, yet.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I predict both will be $399, Sony has already said they plan to profit from launch, I think MS will happily sell at a loss because they expect to sell 1 Billion consoles eventually.

TBH that 1 Billion sales statement is just as ridiculous as some of Sony's "next gen starts when we say it does" and " if you find a PS3 on a store shelf for more than 5 minutes, I'll give you $3K" lol

I don't see XBO doing anything beyond 50 million lifetime personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    Quote Originally Posted by X2 View Post
    Gamestop: Xbox One will be priced less than the Xbox 360
    source please.

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. Ive got a shitload of bubble gum"

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    I predict both will be $399, Sony has already said they plan to profit from launch, I think MS will happily sell at a loss because they expect to sell 1 Billion consoles eventually.

TBH that 1 Billion sales statement is just as ridiculous as some of Sony's "next gen starts when we say it does" and " if you find a PS3 on a store shelf for more than 5 minutes, I'll give you $3K" lol

Somehow you always accurate about your predictions , but this one is huge.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Were MS might succeed and this is a maybe, is exclusive titles and exclusive DLC's and maybe the ability to make LIVE more than what it is...

But i feel they need to prove themselves... In what way, i do not know
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Supreme Veteran
    The system will be a success, it appeals to more markets.

I also believe gamers will be very forgiving if the console is decently priced, has a nice amount of exclusives a person could care for...

Even with me, I'm willing to overlook almost everything, if they didn't force a seeing and listening device which needs to always be connected that also connects to the internet. It just won't sit with me, paranoia or whatever it is, I like some privacy in my home.
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    Somehow you always accurate about your predictions , but this one is huge.
    Well at the beginning of this generation (and I'm sure my post is still in my history for anyone wanting to go through it lol) I predicted PS3 would do 110 million+ and also beat both 360 and Wii LTD. Of course pretty much everyone doubted that and some will still doubt it can top Wii even now but I'm still standing by that prediction.

Next gen though I predicted all 3 would probably do less than 100 million (each, not combined) as the market is shrinking due to the casual gamers moving on to more mobile devices, and that was before this DRM was announced. And despite most in this thread I still don't know who exactly MS is targeting, it's not the core gamer and it's not the casual gamer either (no indie dev support at all), so who are they targeting? People who watch TV? Why would they get a XBO when their TV already does just that?

And then you can already browse the net on your TV, use hand gestures etc. with Smart TVs, so it's pretty much outdated tech before it even hits the market, imagine what devices or Smart TVs are doing 2-3 years into it's life...

MS needs those Kinect games because the casual gamer ain't gonna be sold on features alone, which is why I'm sure most of those 15 titles will be Kinect.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45

MS needs those Kinect games because the casual gamer ain't gonna be sold on features alone, which is why I'm sure most of those 15 titles will be Kinect.
    lol maybe everyone will be playable with kinect, half of it requires it.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Extreme Poster
    That is somewhat the future of gaming.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Agreed. I think this thing will be flying off shelves, in north America in particular. Good price and some exclusives and it's a guarantee

Master Guru

You're mad if you think that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

Thread Information