Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    PSU Live Streamer
    As fun as it has been poking at Microsoft over some of what has come out since their conference. I won't be surprised if Sony has to admit some similar things. Most notably the used game fee. Yes I know Sony has said THEY wouldn't charge used fees.....but that only covers their 1st party devs.

I have a tough time believing 3rd party devs will put used fees on the xbox and let sony get away without it. I'm hopeful! I would to see sony reject it, but by doing so they could lose 3rd party games assuming xbox has any level of success with this strategy.

Only E3 and the space of time leading up to console release will tell. But I don't think everything is rosey yet.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I am honestly afraid they will not be able to make enough PS4's in the first year.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Entry cost
    Sony stated this them self. They won't repeat their past mistakes. They'll shy away from the 599 price point,

Gimmicks
    They'll be there. Both Sony and MS. Difference is MS is placing to much faith in theirs.

DRM
    He's probably right about Sony hiding their agenda around piracy counter measures. At the same time though, they have the advantage of not yet having gone to bed with any of the major publishers on topic, like MS seem to have done during their reveal.

Basically, they could tone it down or scrap it all-together and save face in the process.

Backwards compatibility
    I think there's a small minority that this actually matters to. I know I didn't play any PS1 or PS2 games that weren't released as HD-remakes, on my PS3.

(I would if they upscaled though - much like emulators. They allowed me to play some games never released in Europe)

First party
    Half of the developers he mentions aren't first party to begin with.. Still, Sony is looking most capable in this apartment.

Hardware size
    Sony are first class electronic manufacturers. I'll vaguer MS went from the lightest console of the two, to the most massive of the two.

All in all, I didn't find the author too one-sided. However I think he's wrong on many accounts.
    Last edited by K2D; 05-26-2013 at 17:46.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Elite Member
    Soo since when has there ever been a perfect console?? go on name it!! because everyone knows console's always had problems. nothing is perfect you know so it's just the issue all of us have to deal with.

X-Box One is not looking to be for the hardcore gaming community just look at the Reveal!! it says it all really its pushing to be more of a entertainment system rather than gaming console!! an its peed off a lot of fan's tbh an they(M$) said its first an for-most focus is said to be gaming but to be that honest its total bull.

PS4 will probs be the successful this time around imo, Sony has always looked to be a gaming console an never as much as Tv side of things which MS are doing!! so Sony are pushing more towards games games & games rather than what MS done so to me Sony are pushing for an all round gaming system as there main focus with new features that haven't been on a Sony console before where MS are showing what 360 already seems to already have done. :/ so sony will win this year!

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Quote Originally Posted by NextGenGamer2000 View Post
    If you listen to your self, it cannot be so much better and near identical at the same time. As for transistors, I would like to hear your sources. I never heard transistor as metric either.

Here is what you are confused about. PS4 and Xbox One has same GPU cores. Ps4 has 18 of them X1 had 12. This is why we can so easily say why one is considerably stronger.

And 8gig rams mean nothing if one has far more bandwidth.

So no. They are not the same, that's silly. And you can't admit PS4 is better and say it's identical.
    Hey. Do you think you could apologize for the harassment and lying about what I had said?

Master Poster
    Sony has this gen. Microsoft needs to bring their S-game to E3 if they want to fix this mess.
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Forum Overseer
    Yea, the specs are definitely not "nearly identical" so far. Of course, we need to know more but so far, it looks to be quite a difference.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    I am honestly afraid they will not be able to make enough PS4's in the first year.
    I hardly doubt this, otherwise they would have opted to release the PS4 next year in Europe.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    I'll weight in on that as well.

There's no way Sony will ship under 12 million units first year. Hopefully they'll reach their target (speculated to around 16 million?).

The PS3 was a nightmare for them. This time though the seem to be on top of their game.
    Last edited by K2D; 05-27-2013 at 06:24. Reason: what sorry grammar mess :)

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    I hardly doubt this, otherwise they would have opted to release the PS4 next year in Europe.
    The demand for the PS4 will be to damn high.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    There is a difference he is a journalist, we are on a forum. This article is about the quality of a poorly thought out post... yet it's passed of as reading material. Hell i guess I should try out journalism. If you can get away with these kinds of shenanigans.
    Journalist? Define it because anybody with a website can proclaim to be a journalist.

No... the so called "Journalist" who wrote the article that this thread is referencing really only did one thing wrong.... he questioned the Sony brand. That's a mortal sin here and he got raked over the coals for it as a result.
    Last edited by GreatSpaceKoaster; 05-27-2013 at 08:09.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    ^^ A wise edit.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    Journalist? Define it because anybody with a website can proclaim to be a journalist.

No... the so called "Journalist" who wrote the article that this thread is referencing really only did one thing wrong.... he questioned the Sony brand. That's a mortal sin here and he got raked over the coals for it as a result.
    Lol you funny! I love how if someone defends a statement made against Sony you somehow turn it around as they are on some agenda to defend their brand! I'm sorry but if you think this guy is making good points you are simply delusional. There is only one possible valid claim out of this... Sony can have some problems moving forward!

Can Sony announce that they have a more expensive console? Yes but is it likely? Probably not especially with the inclusion of the almighty TV into the XBone and Kinect in every box. I'm sorry but this guy is just grasping at straws. Most of what he says makes no $#@!ing sense. But grab your sword and continue the fight as always and lets me know how that works for you.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

14. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    I apologize for bit of a harsh ton, but I still stand by most of what I said. I do not think spec are" near identical"
    Thank you, but what about the part where you claimed I said the PS4 and 720 are near identical in power when I actually said the exact opposite? I said "The GPUs are different in power and the GDDR5 is better" and your entire post attacked me with the claim/lie that "you can't admit PS4 is better and say it's identical in power."

Superior Member
    I feel the final blow to the xbox would be for Sony to release an alternate controller with asymetrical left analog sticks to make the transition a bit easier for those obsessed with the xbox controller. for many that is the only thing keeping them from finally deciding to make the switch from xbox
    [SIGPIC]http://www.ps3forums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=41145&dateline=118498 7635[/SIGPIC]

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by kermit_criminal View Post
    I feel the final blow to the xbox would be for Sony to release an alternate controller with asymetrical left analog sticks to make the transition a bit easier for those obsessed with the xbox controller. for many that is the only thing keeping them from finally deciding to make the switch from xbox
    That would be ideal, Getting the analog in the natural position would transform the PS pad. However they have tried to change it this year for the better so it might not be as bad as the DS

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    The final blow....lol I doubt that. What about the people who prefer the PS controller design? You can't just change and not expect backlash. There are more things that make xbox the choice for some gamers than just the controller design.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    The final blow....lol I doubt that. What about the people who prefer the PS controller design? You can't just change and not expect backlash. There are more things that make xbox the choice for some gamers than just the controller design.
    My suggestion was for an alternate controller you can purchase at the store or online if you really want a controller with asymmetrical analog sticks. Sure there will be third-party controllers on the market but the Sony controllers tend to be of better quality.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.ps3forums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=41145&dateline=118498 7635[/SIGPIC]

Flaw3d Genius
    My suggestion was for an alternate controller you can purchase at the store or online if you really want a controller with asymmetrical analog sticks. Sure there will be third-party controllers on the market but the Sony controllers tend to be of better quality.
    I'd put money on that controller making Sony so much $$$$$$$$$ But if they went through with it they'd be looking like they conceded that Xbox is the better designed controller which of course would be true but wouldnt look good on their part. For that reason they'l never do it.

It better not be more than 399$/euros.
    Like a lot of you said thats the sweet spot most consumers would be comfortable spending. 499 is pushing it.
    I will be boycotting if its over 399 until it drops to 399.

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Perhaps I misunderstood, but I don't distinguish difference between "near identical spec" And power.....

Right now spec is what tells me it's stronger...
    There is no reason you should have misunderstood. I said the specs are near identical despite the difference in power, and it means what it means. The higher core count and the higher RAM clocks are the only two genuine things distinguishing between the two console, and absolutely everything of these next gen consoles is identical to one another. Which is why the OP's article was completely wrong about the PS4 being much larger or much more expensive than the Xbox One.

Forum Overseer
    We really don't know much about the two consoles so I wouldn't jump the gun just yet.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    I am 90+% sure Sony is not going this route, but if they do
    lol this.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    I'd put money on that controller making Sony so much $$$$$$$$$ But if they went through with it they'd be looking like they conceded that Xbox is the better designed controller which of course would be true but wouldnt look good on their part. For that reason they'l never do it.
    Honestly based on Sony's decisions so far regarding the PS4 they are being very open with the fact that they were wrong last time around by not listening to the people and understand their pride and arrogance cost them the generation with the PS3. So if anything i feel if the people really want it and let them know, they will seriously look into it. At least i would hope so!

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    We really don't know much about the two consoles so I wouldn't jump the gun just yet.
    +1

What ever happens the generation does seem to have potential to be great though.
    'no, no one in their sane mind uses OpenGL on PS3' - Repi
    'nope, PS3 uses a wonderful low-level API called libgcm' - Repi

Thread Information