Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4
    PSU Reviews Editor, Hit Series Creator
    PSN ID
    MelegantPrime
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    Journalist? Define it because anybody with a website can proclaim to be a journalist.

No... the so called "Journalist" who wrote the article that this thread is referencing really only did one thing wrong.... he questioned the Sony brand. That's a mortal sin here and he got raked over the coals for it as a result.

jour·nal·ism [jur-nl-iz-uhm] Show IPA
    noun
    the occupation of reporting, writing, editing, photographing, or broadcasting news or of conducting any news organization as a business.
    press1 ( def 31 ) .
    a course of study preparing students for careers in reporting, writing, and editing for newspapers and magazines.
    writing that reflects superficial thought and research, a popular slant, and hurried composition, conceived of as exemplifying topical newspaper or popular magazine writing as distinguished from scholarly writing: He calls himself a historian, but his books are mere journalism.

He works for a website that, I am assuming, is trying to make some money thus he is a journalist. Whether or not he studied it is open to debate and whether or not he is a good journalist is open to debate. It is just how people I met in Korea and Japan teaching English are considered `teachers` even though they don`t have a teaching license like myself.

I felt the piece was mere fluff trying to grab attention from the internet machine to get as many views and hits as possible to ride the Xbox reveal wave. Smart of him to do but it is his reputation if he wants to ruin it. A lot of the `problems` are also the same problems the Xbox will have, as many people have already mentioned. With the PS3 not being backwards compatible I don`t even see why this is even a reason. Nintendo was never backwards compatible and they survived.

The sad thing about his whole piece was the lame "thats what she said" insert. Really? Was that lame joke even needed? This is not a Skip and Max satire. This was, in theory, a serious piece.

Actually, does he even know what first and third party even means? SquareEnix and Konami were never `first` party developers. Yeah, they made exclusives but they were never owned by Sony. I`m surprised no one dinged him on that part yet, unless I missed it in the four pages of posts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_developer

2. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    Journalist? Define it because anybody with a website can proclaim to be a journalist. No... the so called "Journalist" who wrote the article that this thread is referencing really only did one thing wrong.... he questioned the Sony brand. That's a mortal sin here and he got raked over the coals for it as a result.
    Geez....still on your soapbox? Just about every post you make is complaining about Playstation bias on a Playstation site. lol No offense but you might be happier at Team Xbox.

Thread Information