Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple

The PS4 Has Massive Momentum, But Faces Problems Of Its Own

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Loving all these articles, MS gets $#@! thrown at them, gotta bring down Sony too.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Lol oh sith....Did you by any chance type up that article? You sly cooper, I know you did

None of those points by the way makes any sense...yo...I mean, he believes the ps4 will be the most expensive just because it's more powerful? Lol, or the point he made about the games

Oh boy, at least if someone wants to write up a negative article at least be smart about it. Article reads like something m2 would write...just saying

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Meh. The guy is just guessing around. He doesn't know the manufacturing costs at all for the PS4. 8GB of GDDR5 is $100-$150. The APU is around $80ish or less if you go by past trends of console launches, not to mention that both of these next gen consoles really are the weakest of any console generation. And the bluray player is $20-$30. That's not $600 at all.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Seems like a lot of what if in here to me.

Already saying it's going to be more expensive. OK Sony has the more powerful console but what about the cost it takes for the inclusion of all the TV feature and Kinect in every box? We ignoring all that huh?

Bringing up the fact that their first party lineups are not as good as PS2 days? Seems the PS3 had a plethora of exclusives.

There are many unanswered questions that can play negatively against PS4 if Sony doesn't handle them right for sure. But this article seems to be taking at straws. Only really valid problem I see is how they deal with used games that has much weight to it.

And people may have not like the look the XBone but still you really think that's going to keep people from buying it? It's not a smartphone it's a console!

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    "Your wallet won't like the PS4" - Ass pull.

"Gimmicks: a gift and a curse" - People are so full of it. First they call Move a failure and then say 1st party sony titles didn't matter. Those same people say kinect was huge success + 360 has hardcore gamers on lock...YET the higher priced Ps3, with no reason for anyone to purchase it, continues to outsell the 360 YOY...If the ps4 is more of the same and kinect 2 doesn't receive the same amount of demand, who's in more trouble? Exactly.

"Sony is hiding a dark secret" - Just because MS is getting a foot up their ass from the public about their ping security doesn't mean sony is following behind them.

"Backward Compatibility is dead" - duh. Sony already mentioned that. But xbox fans were swearing up and down that xbone was going to have it all because they hyped themselves up with the "more powerful" set of rumors

"Sony isnít the first-party juggernaut you remember" - You're $#@!ing right. They've expanded their teams.

"The clash of the titan-ic sized hardware" - Is that it? Your big ass tidal wave...I don't give a $#@! about the size tbh. As long as the mf'er don't burn up then I'm good.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Kinect 2.0 will be at least $100, I think if either one will cost more it'll be the XBO.

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Sony isnít the first-party juggernaut you remember

PlayStation has been known for carrying a long history of diverse exclusives, but that advantage has withered the past few years. Insomniac Games (Ratchet & Clank) is seeking the riches of multiplatform as are Konamiís Metal Gear and Square Enixís Final Fantasy. Meanwhile, Zipper Interactive fell mightily after years of great SOCOM releases and Team Ico is struggling to get The Last Guardian on store shelves before itís irrelevant. Today, Sony relies on an elite few to attract gamers, talented studios such as Naughty Dog, Media Molecule, and Guerilla Games. Thereís still a great line-up, but it's nothing like the PS2 days.

(Not aimed at you OP) Are you $#@!ing kidding me? This is gaming journalism? Perhaps THIRD PARTY EXCLUSIVES are not as common now, but FIRST PARTY EXCLUSIVES are plentier and better than ever. This guy can't even tell the difference between first party games and exclusive third party releases.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    I love how everyone thinks Insomniac Games is now 100% multiplatform

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    What the article writer doesn't realize is that both Microsoft and Sony are near-identical in specs and both have a 5 billion transistor count for their chips, and so that turns half of everything he is saying in a total lie.

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    What the article writer doesn't realize is that both Microsoft and Sony are near-identical in specs and both have a 5 billion transistor count for their chips, and so that turns half of everything he is saying in a total lie.
    not nearly identical. Playstation GPU is 50% more powerful. PS4 has 8gb GDDR5 ram in it.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Ultimate Veteran
    Rebuttal:

Your wallet won't like the PS4
    Nice assumption, but wrong:
    http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/games/1299967/gamestop-predicts-cheap-xbox-one-playstation-4-launches

Gimmicks: a gift and a curse
    Kinect didn't keep 360 from falling to third place to the more traditional focused PS3

Sony is hiding a dark secret
    "
    Playstation 4 can still be enjoyed old school without an Internet connection at all"
    http://www.officialplaystationmagazi...michael-denny/

Backward Compatibility is dead
    I found this one particularly funny, because PS3 is the only console with AAA games coming out for it. It's a funny problem not having BC on PS4 for the simple fact that it is replacing a system that is still relevant. When comparing the alternative of having a giant corporation cracking its whip at your behind and starving you onto their next system, this becomes quite a non-sequitur. Don't unplug your PS3 for a bit.

Sony isn’t the first-party juggernaut you remember
    THAT is a bold claim to make before E3. They honestly can't qualify this claim. So much so, there are only two games in their list that are first party.

The clash of the titan-ic sized hardware
    Pure speculation.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    I am quite disappointed in the lack of BC from both tbh though, PSN purchases should at least transfer.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Who cares about these useless things.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Veteran
    Bash towards the PS4 is definitely accepted just as the Xbox One is getting his plethora right now, but this was an awful read it's like the writer doesn't even have an actual clue as of what is going to happen.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    crazy_gooner
    What a poorly written article I must say. I have a feeling PS4 will also be cheaper than Xbox One.

Apprentice

Seems like some wishful thinking; been actually seeing a lot of that. People basically saying just because Microsoft is doing it means Sony is gonna do it too.

I just would not understand why Sony wouldn't take advantage of what Microsoft is doing and use it for their financial gain. That's something that they need is financial gain. They aren't in a position where they can screw around like they did with the PS3. This is why I don't think they will be following in the same steps as Microsoft.

Ultimate Veteran
    Latest tactic from the Microsoft-sympathizing media machine. Tie in the XBoxes DRM woes with the PS4.
    http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-18438_7...amers-wallets/

It will buy them time, but the truth will be known at E3. Funny how they are changing tactics after completely failing to turn the tide of hatred for the One. So much so, they had to shut down the comments section on their own Youtube channel.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=567169

This is the final lashings of a cornered animal. The eradication is almost complete.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Latest tactic from the Microsoft-sympathizing media machine. Tie in the XBoxes DRM woes with the PS4.
    http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-18438_7...amers-wallets/

It will buy them time, but the truth will be known at E3. Funny how they are changing tactics after completely failing to turn the tide of hatred for the One. So much so, they had to shut down the comments section on their own Youtube channel.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=567169

This is the final lashings of a cornered animal. The eradication is almost complete.
    LOL the official Xbox highlights URL has PS4 within it.
    http://youtu.be/L0HgsIf-ps4

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    LOL the official Xbox highlights URL has PS4 within it.
    http://youtu.be/L0HgsIf-ps4
    They seem to not be able to catch a break. The very internet itself has spoken.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    They seem to not be able to catch a break. The very internet itself has spoken.
    LOL indeed

Master Poster
    Also wanted to add. I don't know why...but I feel it in my bones. I think VSXIII/FFXV is going to be an exclusive PS4 launch title. I just feel it.
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryAim View Post
    Also wanted to add. I don't know why...but I feel it in my bones. I think VSXIII/FFXV is going to be an exclusive PS4 launch title. I just feel it.
    I think so as well.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryAim View Post
    Preposterous. Versus is definitely going to be a PS6 exclusive at best. lol

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Someone has broked the t'internet??

Edit : working fine through my gs4. Spoiler : its $#@!.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Information