Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 818
    Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    That's my question, how does MS get a cut? How do publishers get a cut? The console only plays new games. Like on the Xbox 360, every Xbox game sold new, Microsoft gets a portion of that sale. On the Xbox One, Microsoft most likely gets a portion of every sale. On the sale of used Xbox 360 games, not Microsoft nor the publisher received any compensation. Microsoft has stated that they are not getting any kickback from the trade in/used games with Xbox One either. So where does MS stand to gain income from this bizarre change of DRM?
    I have no idea how they could be getting something out if it. It just seems logical that they are because they probably would have scrapped it immediately from the backlash but they are sticking to their guns. If they didn't benefit from it why would they be willing to tarnish their name with many consumers.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I have no idea how they could be getting something out if it. It just seems logical that they are because they probably would have scrapped it immediately from the backlash but they are sticking to their guns. If they didn't benefit from it why would they be willing to tarnish their name with many consumers.
    Right....I know. So I want to know WHAT it is, because I am curious. It clearly must be possibly netting them millions and millions for a change like this.

Forum Overseer

They could easily just have a deal with the publishers...there are numerous ways to work something out. They can deny involvement by saying that they don't get a direct cut but that doesn't mean they don't have some sort of a benefit.

As MS would know exactly what's going on, publishers can't hide anything.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    They could easily just have a deal with the publishers...there are numerous ways to work something out. They can deny involvement by saying that they don't get a direct cut but that doesn't mean they don't have some sort of a benefit.

As MS would know exactly what's going on, publishers can't hide anything.
    That is one scenario I am taking into consideration that is for sure. I imagine the used game sales serial keys have to pass through the Xbox One/Xbox Live authentication system. Maybe Microsoft will get X dollars from every used key that is redeemed.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Right....I know. So I want to know WHAT it is, because I am curious. It clearly must be possibly netting them millions and millions for a change like this.
    Not unless they have a deal in place with these participating retailers. You know giving them an ultimatum, you can pay us or you are going to be screwed because you can't sell our used games at all. Only thing I can think of. Or advertising, by requiring the connection therefore requiring you to check in you will see revolving ads. Last one is just a serious reaching guess. I honestly don't know.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Not unless they have a deal in place with these participating retailers. You know giving them an ultimatum, you can pay us or you are going to be screwed because you can't sell our used games at all. Only thing I can think of. Or advertising, by requiring the connection therefore requiring you to check in you will see revolving ads. Last one is just a serious reaching guess. I honestly don't know.
    I'm guessing they put in place a way for "participating" retailers to de-register games that are traded in so that they will work for other customers. Otherwise, if the game is tied to a Xbox One account, you'll get a message saying someone else owns this game. Just a guess, but they would have to have some far reaching system of tracking these games so the DRM will work.

What really sucks is that this could differ from one publisher to the next. The publisher's create their own policy.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by LeisureSuitLarry View Post
    I'm guessing they put in place a way for "participating" retailers to de-register games that are traded in so that they will work for other customers. Otherwise, if the game is tied to a Xbox One account, you'll get a message saying someone else owns this game. Just a guess, but they would have to have some far reaching system of tracking these games so the DRM will work.

What really sucks is that this could differ from one publisher to the next. The publisher's create their own policy.
    Oh it is definitely going to be a cluster$#@!!

Super Elite
    Smooth Don, smooth.
    Last edited by Vip3r; 06-15-2013 at 04:29.
    i5-2500k @3.3Ghz, Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4, Crucial 4GB 1333Mhz RAM,
    Palit GTS 250 1GB, 2x WD 250GB, 1x 1TB Samsung F3,
    Corsair HX850W PSU, Cooler Master 690 II,

Checkout my TF2 Replay Video.

9. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow

Forum Overseer

Not sure what he meant there.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Not sure what he meant there.
    Talking about soldiers overseas.

Forum Overseer

LOL I swear I thought he was talking about fanboys.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    LOL I swear I thought he was talking about fanboys.
    I did at first too!

15. Likes Omar likes this post

Thread Information