Latest PSU headlines:

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

Info regarding changes coming to assault rifles

CCP Remnant:

We'll be making some adjustments to the rifle ranges in the near future. We're currently testing the Rail Rifle and Combat Rifle internally (the two missing archetypes). Within the assault rifle class the four weapon types will break down as follows:

Assault Rifle (Hybrid - Plasma) - short range
    Combat Rifle (Projectile - Autocannon) - short-mid range
    Scrambler Rifle (Laser - Pulse) - mid range
    Rail Rifle (Hybrid - Railgun) - long range

Keep in mind though that long range for an assault rifle is not equivalent to long range for a sniper rifle, so while they will adhere to existing category definitions don't expect massive differences in the distances between these weapons
    A lot of the original assault rifle variants (Breach, Burst, Tactical) were created to fill the gaps these newer weapons will fill and so might’ve felt out of place (not to mention we just plain made mistakes with some of them). The scrambler rifle’s optimal range will be increased and we’ll be releasing an iteration of the Tactical Assault Rifle with a smaller clip and much wider hip-fire spread making it less effective in CQC. If that change alone does not prove enough we will walk the damage of the TAR down slowly. No big, sweeping changes this time.
    https://forums.dust514.com/default.a...944#post869944
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Unaidedhippo5
    Hmm, even more reason to spec out my scram rifle.

PSN: Unaidedhippo5 - Dust514:Ye Be Gods - FFXIV:ARR: Yeshua Insignia

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I'm gonna hold off on weapons after the respec until the combat and railfifle become available I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOoooo!!! I'm finally adapting to the TAR, killing it on pub matches, now they're taking it away again....

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    It's unfortunate for you, but the general consensus is that the TAR is way too strong at the moment. I can't wait untill all of the varients are put into the game so that things can start to settle.

It appears they're going to tie AR to your race. From the forums:

"The idea being that each race will have it's base variant be Assault, (Gallente) Burst (Minmatar), Breach (Caldari) or Tactical (Amarr) and then the variants are a specific race's take on the others using their own tech. So, you'd get an Assault Rail Rifle that attempts to somewhat mimic the behavior of the Gallente Assault Rifle and a Tactical Assault Rifle that attempts to mimic the Amarr Scrambler Rifle and so on."
    I don't quite understand what this means. Does this mean that certain races only have access to certain types of AR? or is there additional penalty if say a caldari wants to access the tactical rifle.

The changes are coming at quite a opportune/inopportune time, with the respec coming up.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    felix336
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I'm gonna hold off on weapons after the respec until the combat and railfifle become available I think.
    This was literally the exact same thought I had when I saw Remnant's post. Not sure if I want to give up my Gallente AR though, especially since we don't know exactly when these new weapons are coming.

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix336 View Post
    This was literally the exact same thought I had when I saw Remnant's post. Not sure if I want to give up my Gallente AR though, especially since we don't know exactly when these new weapons are coming.
    As a logi I can do this a bit easier than frontline. I will rock the skillless Exile until I know where I'm going. I have the next 2 months of skills training planned anyway, then I have lesser concrete plans beyond that...

However, I may go back to MD if they fix it...but I think I',m just gonna wait.

Apprentice

What! new light weapons, we still only got 2 heavy weapons. They really do want it to be ar514.
    i love couch co op

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Hi

We are currently testing an update to the TAC AR and we hope to release it next week. The changes being tested include a smaller clip size, increased hip-fire dispersion to make it less effective in CQC and a lower ROF. We’re not aiming to nerf hammer it so we’ll monitor the weapon carefully after that to see the impact of the change.

CCP Wolfman
    https://forums.dust514.com/default.a...616#post879616

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Hi

We are currently testing an update to the TAC AR and we hope to release it next week. The changes being tested include a smaller clip size, increased hip-fire dispersion to make it less effective in CQC and a lower ROF. We’re not aiming to nerf hammer it so we’ll monitor the weapon carefully after that to see the impact of the change.

CCP Wolfman
    https://forums.dust514.com/default.a...616#post879616

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellman View Post
    It appears they're going to tie AR to your race. From the forums:

"The idea being that each race will have it's base variant be Assault, (Gallente) Burst (Minmatar), Breach (Caldari) or Tactical (Amarr) and then the variants are a specific race's take on the others using their own tech. So, you'd get an Assault Rail Rifle that attempts to somewhat mimic the behavior of the Gallente Assault Rifle and a Tactical Assault Rifle that attempts to mimic the Amarr Scrambler Rifle and so on."
    I don't quite understand what this means. Does this mean that certain races only have access to certain types of AR? or is there additional penalty if say a caldari wants to access the tactical rifle.

The changes are coming at quite a opportune/inopportune time, with the respec coming up.
    it'll be formatted the way the Suits are. (i find the suit thing ridiculous though unless they plan to fix it)

so you spec into Amarr Weapons and then Amarr Scrambler. but if you wan't to use caldari Assault rifle you'll have to spec into Caldari skills.
    the variants are to bridge the gap between races. so you'll have a Scrambler trying to be a assault rifle, or a scrambler trying to be a Railgun.
    likewise, in the Gelente section, you'll have the gelente assault rifle trying to be a Scrambler rifle etc. they won't be the same, but at least you wont have to dump LOADS of SP to adjust your playstyle.

but this is what i find STUPID beyond reason!

the suit thing. I'm Amarr, why do i need to spec into this SHIT!! they need to fix it or drop the multipliers significantly to incentivise in-race leveling, this then gives hardcore players that little space extra to level further as multipliers for other suits should be higher....win?

but On-topic:

CCP are slow to implement these weapons, and it begs the question. if these variants are int there as part of the solution to bridge the gap, then you have to wonder what in the hell the art department are doing?

if i was a manager at CCP they would have a very hard time
    irrespective of roadmap, this is not how i'd do things (third year BSc economics here)
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Thread Information