Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
Results 26 to 34 of 34
  1. #26
    Supreme Veteran

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,586
    Rep Power
    123
    Points
    178 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yes do not consider it, do it and be done with them lose ends MS


  2. #27
    Master Sage
    Bitbydeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    13,662
    Rep Power
    125
    Points
    35,900 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    With MS in second place behind the Wii, I would say it has been very successful.
    They're 3rd place now.
    Even VGChartz has finally admitted to it.

    http://www.vgchartz.com/article/2509...-the-xbox-360/

    And they are well known to undertrack PS3 numbers because their methodology only includes these areas


    • USA
    • UK
    • Germany
    • France
    • Japan


    http://www.vgchartz.com/methodology.php

    Leaving out many European places where Sony reigns supreme.

  3. #28
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,753 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    They're 3rd place now.
    Even VGChartz has finally admitted to it.

    http://www.vgchartz.com/article/2509...-the-xbox-360/

    And they are well known to undertrack PS3 numbers because their methodology only includes these areas


    • USA
    • UK
    • Germany
    • France
    • Japan


    http://www.vgchartz.com/methodology.php

    Leaving out many European places where Sony reigns supreme.
    It's possible but only speculation until we get confirmation from MS or Sony.

  4. #29
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    26
    Posts
    12,326
    Rep Power
    124
    Points
    30,870 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    It's possible but only speculation until we get confirmation from MS or Sony.
    It wouldn't matter either way. Unless every time Sony/MS get the lead/fall behind, that the games you currently own start to explode.

    Fairly pointless from a gamer with no stock or controlling interest in the matter... Which to say, is most of us.

  5. #30
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,753 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    It wouldn't matter either way. Unless every time Sony/MS get the lead/fall behind, that the games you currently own start to explode.
    Fairly pointless from a gamer with no stock or controlling interest in the matter... Which to say, is most of us.
    Oh it matters to some. People may not want to admit it, but it does. If you don't believe it, watch what happens on this forum when Xbox-one and PS4 releases.

  6. #31
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    26
    Posts
    12,326
    Rep Power
    124
    Points
    30,870 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Oh it matters to some. People may not want to admit it, but it does. If you don't believe it, watch what happens on this forum when Xbox-one and PS4 releases.
    I agree it matters to some people.

    I just don't see why we should worry about it when ultimately, outside of buying games/consoles/accessories/etc; we can't control anything else. Even if we all buy 2 of everything, it'd be ****ing pointless to do it to be able to "win" on that side of things.

  7. #32
    Super Elite
    Silver&black_Attack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,090
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    2,524 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I agree it matters to some people.

    I just don't see why we should worry about it when ultimately, outside of buying games/consoles/accessories/etc; we can't control anything else. Even if we all buy 2 of everything, it'd be ****ing pointless to do it to be able to "win" on that side of things.
    I agree in a way, but some do get intersted in the business side of gaming, and this thread is more in that area.

    Personally, i hope the PS4 and X1 can both be good, successful consoles, and make money for Sony and Microsoft, that would help the overall gaming business and that leads to bigger and better games for everybody.

  8. #33
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    They're 3rd place now.
    Even VGChartz has finally admitted to it.

    http://www.vgchartz.com/article/2509...-the-xbox-360/

    And they are well known to undertrack PS3 numbers because their methodology only includes these areas


    • USA
    • UK
    • Germany
    • France
    • Japan


    http://www.vgchartz.com/methodology.php

    Leaving out many European places where Sony reigns supreme.
    Last official numbers from Sony and Microsoft showed 360 leading. We never use or trust VGCharts.

    Could the lead have changes since the last official numbers? Yup. Might get those at E3 or next quarter reports.

  9. #34
    Apprentice
    A1ANDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Yorkshire
    PSN ID
    ANDYENG
    Posts
    194
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    2,958 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Market position went from first place to third over the course of the generation.
    Surly the important think from a business perspective is the amount profit made. And it's known that Microsoft made loads more than Sony this gen.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.