Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Elite Guru

MS Arrogance Is Starting To Show "We will kill Sony at E3"

Google translated from an IGN Spain opinion article:

However, the key for me was the end of a revealing interview with Craig Davidson, Director of Global Marketing Microsoft. According to him, "Xbox One will surprise the world during E3." Ending with a resounding "We will kill Sony at E3".

Link to the article: http://translate.google.es/translate...ion-ign-espana
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It's one thing when fanboys say it. A whole 'nother thing when companies start to think like that...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

3. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    You never know, but they are big words to say.

On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Flaw3d Genius
    Bring on the games!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I'm not sure if they can "kill" Sony at E3...if anything, get equal with. Sony has already shown its gaming hand, and with this being the big time to showcase everything for the holidays, MS better belive that Sony will be bringing some laser focused gaming on a system that is seemingly a better games machine. However, I think there is going to be a decent shift of public opinion after E3 when MS demonstrates some of its games.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Can't wait to see this slaughter house they have prepared...they better hope Sony does not bring out naughty dog or Santa Monica studios.

At the end of the day, the gamers win! If they're that confident, that means they've bagged some really big 3rd party exclusives...Can't wait to see which ones

Lol gaf will eat that quote up

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Flaw3d Genius
    Sony will be defo be showing stuff that they have not shown but the difference between Sony's E's and MS E's in the past is that MS show off games that will be out in 1 or 2 years, Sony tend to show off games that will be out in 3-5 years or never as well as the ones that's out in 1 or 2 years.

Ultimate Veteran

They just mad.

Flaw3d Genius
    I bet that Bungie game is average, Halo was amazing...Halo 2 was only good online, Halo 3 $#@! Halo 4 by 434 a bit better again = Bungie $#@!

Elite Member
    Bungie is aight, but Microsoft should STFU.

Don't say anything and just let your conference do the talking for ye.

I talk to myself because I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I hope they live up to what they think they can do.

13. Likes TheBreezyBB likes this post
    Forum Sage
    You know what... That's exactly what people wants.

We want war... we want 2006 all over again (in terms of exclusive titles all over the place) We don't want them to walk a different way just to dodge Sony.

Do that, Kill Sony... and then have Sony strike back. That's what it is about, not TV
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    All I can say is.. if they don't deliver now, they deserve what will no doubt be coming.

Forum Sage
    BTW... where exactly does this come from?

Ok "We Will Kill Sony".

It's a spanish site quoting an English interview, translated back to English.

What's the source of the sources? Did this ever happen?
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Thing is, unless they have been keeping their best for first party, this doesn't really gel with what the likes of
    Avalanche are saying about the development environments.

Pre-rendered ain't going to cut it MS.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    Let them try. Even if MS secure ANY game on the whole planet for the next years i would not buy their $#@!ty anti consumer box. No matter what. Yes E3 gonna be huge and properly MS will show some good games but at the end they will not convince me. The only thing that can kill Sony is Sony themselves when they announce DRM blocked games like Xbone.

19. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Here is the nearest thing I could fid to a Davidson interview..

Craig Davidson's age is deceptive. He appears quite young, talking energetically with his hands as he discusses games and consoles. Then he mentions in passing some of his previous places of work, such as Sierra Online in the early 1990s, and it's clear he has been in this business for an awfully long time.
    It's clear he is also a gamer, as he peppers the expected Xbox One facts and figures with references to the games he has loved. Far from a businessman who happens to be selling games, he is obviously a passionate gamer as well.
    So there we were, two dedicated gaming fans seated in a small meeting room on Microsoft's expansive Seattle campus, having a nice chat about games and gaming hardware. It was almost too easy to forget that as the Senior Director of Marketing for Xbox Live, Davidson is one of the top brass at Camp Xbox.
    I began by asking about a topic close to my heart: independent gaming. The Xbox 360 was a great machine for indie games, bringing us the likes of Braid, Bastion, Fez, Minecraft, Shank, and Mark of the Ninja. I had to know, will the Xbox One continue this tradition of support for indies?
    "We were pioneers in this area," Davidson said matter-of-factly. "I think it was back in 2003 or 2004, we wanted to open up development for arcade titles to everybody, and we came out with XNA in 2008 or 2009." XNA is Microsoft's game development toolset, sadly no longer being supported by Microsoft after half a decade.
    "Xbox One we are absolutely committed to allowing all developers to come in, and back in April we revised our certification requirements to make them simpler for indie developers. So, always a focus for us, always a commitment."
    We then moved on to Davidson's specialty, the nuts and bolts of Xbox Live itself. With the new console coming, the old network is going to get an overhaul as well, and Davidson was keen to tell me about some of the new features.
    "First and foremost, your Xbox Live Gold membership goes with you, as does your reputation, your gamer score, your achievements, they'll all be there as well," he said. "It'll continue to work on both platforms - you'll be able to play on 360, and you'll be able to play on Xbox One."
    "The ability to more accurately match-make in the future is something we're very, very passionate about, so we're adding a few more variables, like, what's a person's reputation? What kind of weapons they use when they play a shooter? What part of the world are they from? Do they fit a certain demographic profile?" I asked if it will be able to differentiate the core gamers from the more casual my looking at the average length of the gaming sessions. "Absolutely!"
    "We've opened up this match-making toolkit for game developers to completely broaden and make more sophisticated their match-making technology. I think that's going to do wonder for the experience," he said. "We're also going to increase the friends list from a hundred to a thousand."
    "Game DVR is another thing," Davidson said, referring to the in-built game footage recording, editing, and uploading tools on the Xbox One. "So, imagine you've got a healthy number of friends, and one of them posts a new walkthrough. What I think is super-cool is that you can actually fire up the game now and have the walk-through snapped onto the right of the screen while you're playing."
    "What about when you're waiting for a match-making session, and you're waiting... and waiting... and waiting?" he went on. "Now you can do something else; you can go watch Arrested Development and snap it on-screen so you can keep an eye on the lobby. When it's found a match for you and the game is about to start up, you'll get a very clear message, and you can pause the episode where you are to pick it up later and go straight into multi-player mode."
    "You can also do things like snap the music player on, so you can listen to your own soundtrack as you play games, which is something I think gamers are going to love too," he added.
    "Then there is all the power that cloud gaming is going to bring, even to single-player. I think about the power of a persistent universe and how that impacts gameplay. Like, imagine slaying the dragon and then 45 hours later going back to the same place, and there's the carcase of the dragon, or its skeleton. It opens up almost the equivalent of an MMO world for a single-player game."
    In addition to all of this, Microsoft has even more Xbox Live announcements up its sleeves. "There are things I can't talk about today," Davidson said, "but we are going to be adding more value to Gold. So in addition to the entertainment you get today, we're going to be adding more value, and we're going to be unveiling that at E3 [Electronic Entertainment Expo]." Could this be something akin to the free games offered by Sony through their PlayStation Plus subscription service? I guess we'll have to wait until E3 to find out.
    Davidson also stressed that the Xbox 360 is going to continue being supported with new games and services. "We're not walking away from the 360! Don't get rid of your 360!" he said.
    I was reminded of the disappointing way in which the original Xbox was dumped when the Xbox 360 was announced. Many owners of the older console felt abandoned by Microsoft, with support and new games suddenly being cut off. Davidson admitted that this was an error on Microsoft's part: "That's a fair point."
    "We have 76 million active consoles, 48 million active online users," he said, referring to the Xbox 360's user base. "You can't just shut that down, for a number of reasons. The customers are satisfied with it - it doesn't feel like the end of a hardware generation right now, well, to me at least. It's very active, very engaged, and frankly it's very profitable for us, so we have a lot of reasons to continue to support that platform. There are still new games in development for the 360." So will we see overlapping games released on 360 and Xbox One? "That's a safe assumption."
    Speaking of games, a lot of fans and commentators were disappointed with the small number of games on show at the unveiling event, so I asked Davidson if E3 in Los Angeles in two weeks would make up for that. "Oh yes! We're going to please you there, I promise!" he replied with a smile.
    One of the most important figures mentioned on stage during the press event was that Microsoft Game Studios will be releasing fifteen exclusive first-party games for Xbox One during its first year on sale, and eight of those will be brand new properties, not sequels. This is a huge number of internally-developed exclusives, considering the original Xbox and 360 had around half a dozen each in the same period.
    "Yes, fifteen is a high number, and it's an aggressive and ambitious one," Davidson said. "I think it's a huge testament to the faith that Microsoft has in this platform. And that's not even counting third party! You'll hear about new third party games at E3, so that's going to be exciting too.
    As fun as it was to chat with Davidson about all of the fun stuff, I had to ask him about some of the day's unfolding controversies. First, I asked about used games, and received this somewhat cautious response: "Here's what I can tell you. We'll support used games, so if you buy a game and re-sell it to EB Games, you can go buy a used game and it will absolutely work on Xbox One. Regarding usage rights and pass-on and all of those things: E3. It's very gamer news focused, so you'll see that at E3."
    I also asked about the Xbox One's rumoured requirement to be online at all times. "It is internet-required, basically, but we won't disable your console if your internet goes out," Davidson explained. "So if you're playing a game, especially if it's a single-player offline game, or you're watching a Blu-ray or DVD, or you're watching content you already downloaded, any offline experience that you would assume will work. That said, the majority of the experiences really are cloud-powered."
    Both of these answers were a little vague, and rumours have been running wild for the past week about exactly what the always-online and second-hand games situations really are. I suspect, like so many other things in this interview, we'll have to wait two weeks for E3 to find out more.
    That was all we had time for, unfortunately. Davidson is a passionate and interesting man, and I am sure we could have talked for hours if our PR handlers had let us. It is rare to meet such an unabashed fan of games at such a high level in the corporate hierarchy.
    http://m.theage.com.au/digital-life/...529-2na3g.html
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lefein View Post
    1.2 teraflops.
    ftw!!!!!

Anyways.... I want more evidence he said this. If he did, that's was dumb. It's always dumb cuz "kill" is subjective. To some it could kill, to others it could be a swing and miss.
    Last edited by GreatSpaceKoaster; 05-30-2013 at 11:31.

22. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    I hope their E3 Show is as big as this guy's mouth!

24. Likes Lefein likes this post
    Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brebaz View Post
    I hope their E3 Show is as big as this guy's mouth!
    Kill is such an extreme word....I can't see it possibly living up to the hype level of that word. They likely won't "kill" it...... and the haters will flood this thread or a new one bashing the guy over such statements.

I don't care what company you are...... unless you announce you've found a cure for all cancer........ NEVER use the world KILL to describe the level of your conference.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I hope they live up to what they think they can do.
    This.

Apprentice
    It's one thing to be confident but this guy sounds $#@!y. I'm not doubting that they'll have good games but they are trying to seem like all they're games are going to be absolutely mind blowing

Sent from my Nexus 4

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Shots have been fired

Lol I want to see fake kaz tweet

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Their arrogance really knows no bounds, they have to be taken down a peg or two.

Also, as long as Sony's first party is better than MS's they will always win in my books. That is the deciding factor for me personally because third party doesn't hold that sway it used to.
    Last edited by Dave-The-Rave; 05-30-2013 at 14:14.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Sony has 3 platforms to cover (though they'll likely only spend 10 mins on PS3), they should really be allowed to have 2 hours conferences like they used to.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Thread Information