Latest PSU headlines:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 6

Quote Originally Posted by Forcedme View Post
    I think ND made the smart choice having your AI partners not draw attention when they accidentally brush shoulders with the enemies. You can argue they could have coded it better, but with what everything else the game is striving to achieve I think that was a necessary (and very smart) corner to cut.

My only issue is how CLINGY your team mates can be. I'll run behind cover during a fight, and suddenly my partner is right there, budging me; I mean, get your own $#@!ing piece of cover, Jesus. There were a few times when I'd bump into them sprinting somewhere else, and a few shots might graze my shoulder because of it. It's nothing game-breaking, but it was irritating when it happened.

Anyway, the game's a solid 8/10 for me, except when you're in the fights--then it skyrockets to 20/10, I absolutely love it. It makes me wish ND had included a sort of single-player "Arena" mode where you could be dropped into stages and fight against randomly generated AI, just cut the story out and get to the action.

As for the story and characters; they're good, not great. I think there was a bit of $#@!-clenching masturbatory game "journalism" going on in some of these reviews, because it's nothing I haven't seen done equally or better in other games. What makes LOU seem better, I guess, is that it's attempting to be mature. But in terms of dialogue and character fleshing-out, Cole and Zeke are still the best duo of this gen.

Anyway--awesome, awesome game. I can't wait to play through it on survivalist.

I agree about how clingy your partners can sometimes be, but I LOVE it when Ellie does it, because Joel has a specific animation where Ellie will duck under his arm, and it's almost like a comforting embrace. It's subtle, but clearly intended by ND and a GREAT image!

2. Likes podsaurus, Forcedme likes this post
    Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by whattheproblem View Post
    I agree about how clingy your partners can sometimes be, but I LOVE it when Ellie does it, because Joel has a specific animation where Ellie will duck under his arm, and it's almost like a comforting embrace. It's subtle, but clearly intended by ND and a GREAT image!
    Oh, with Ellie I understand, and I agree on the animation--I mean with the adults in a fire fight. I hated when I'd run behind cover to get a good angle on the enemies, and then Tess or one of my later companions would go into the EXACT SAME SPOT! It threw me off, and irked me more than once.

Again, nothing game-breaking. This game really is special. It's got some bumps, but its high points are so high that I can't bring myself to give much a damn about the breaks in the roads.

4. Likes whattheproblem likes this post
    Superior Member
    Better yet, alert a clicker in a room, try to turn and run out of it just to have your companion bump into you in the doorway. Clicker proceeds to make a nice snack out of Joel's neck.

Great game and great ending. Bummer that it's over, but the story really feels like it was completed at that point. Sometimes games seem to close out too soon or drag on, LoH felt just right.

Really hope ND expands on the world, would love to see it....

PSN: TMJOHNS18

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Finally got a chance to get into the game... wow... i was not expecting it to be this good, it took me a while to get into it (2-3 hours), but this is one of the best games i have played this generation, so far i am 55% into the game, a must buy for ever gamer in my opinion.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    So you can upgrade your shivs,bombs just by collecting the training manual or is there something specific to do ?!

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    So you can upgrade your shivs,bombs just by collecting the training manual or is there something specific to do ?!
    Collecting the manual is enough.

Once more into the fray.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    GOTG. Damn, I hope they release a ps4 version. I'd buy it just for the undated graphics.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    GOTG. Damn, I hope they release a ps4 version. I'd buy it just for the undated graphics.
    I have a strong feeling they will release it for the PS4, but announcing it would hurt the PS3 game and console sales, so there is no point, but i would not be surprised if it would get released on the PS4 sometime next year, it is a masterpiece of a game.

Once more into the fray.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Just got the game today and I'm about 2 or 3 hours in. A totally amazing game.

Elite Member
    Played this game for the first time last night after month of thinking about the inventory what it would be like an thank god it isn't like the RE games I pretty much hate inventory's but im glad it isn't that hard to work out.

The main issue's I have is when sneaking around then you backup only sets things off then hell breaks loose im like arghhh ffs you Asshole...... lol its happened numerous of times where iv also died in progress due to the partner messing it up!!! even the camera angles can be a bit fiddly. an the last issue is the fighting it isn't the best but it ok for what it is, but overall a very very awesome game as im only 47% completed it's really enjoyable, the story is great, it is challenging also an you will adapt to the characters rather quickly Great Work Naughty Dog!!

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    Played this game for the first time last night after month of thinking about the inventory what it would be like an thank god it isn't like the RE games I pretty much hate inventory's but im glad it isn't that hard to work out.

The main issue's I have is when sneaking around then you backup only sets things off then hell breaks loose im like arghhh ffs you Asshole...... lol its happened numerous of times where iv also died in progress due to the partner messing it up!!! even the camera angles can be a bit fiddly. an the last issue is the fighting it isn't the best but it ok for what it is, but overall a very very awesome game as im only 47% completed it's really enjoyable, the story is great, it is challenging also an you will adapt to the characters rather quickly Great Work Naughty Dog!!
    AI companions never set off fights though, which can take you out a bit since they should be seen, but it's understandable why it's like that.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Elite Member
    Does anyone here think they going to make a 2nd game of LoU?? I know Naughty Dog work there butts off with the likes of Uncharted Series with 4 coming for PS4 is it likely that LoU 2 & UC4 will be for both PS3 & PS4 or do Naughty Dog want to take it to the next level an push for PS4 only an take advantage of the system!!

A lot of PS3 Gamers may miss out unless they get a PS4. the way I see it LoU2 & UC4 looks like they only for PS4 next time around. will this upset you if it went that way?
    Last edited by nextgen3; 07-05-2013 at 14:43.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    Does anyone here think they going to make a 2nd game of LoU?? I know Naughty Dog work there butts off with the likes of Uncharted Series with 4 coming for PS4 is it likely that LoU 2 & UC4 will be for both PS3 & PS4 or do Naughty Dog want to take it to the next level an push for PS4 only an take advantage of the system!!

A lot of PS3 Gamers may miss out unless they get a PS4. the way I see it LoU2 & UC4 looks like they only for PS4 next time around. will this upset you if it went that way?
    Naughty Dog usually take 2 years to put out a game. by that time we'll be well into PS4. many people will already have PS4's. its the software's job to shift systems anyways
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Elite Member
    Finished the game last night, it was great story but there has got to be more to this!

What the longest game to ever top the charts? TLoU is at the top of the charts for the fourth week now. I think it will nab a 5th week.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Finished it last night and I started another playthrough today.

Elite Member
    I don't understand why they did double trophies in the game its a bit silly if you ask me I mean doing Easy, Normal, Hard, Survival is enough I don't see the point in doing +

I would rather play the game an get trophies for other things rather than trying to fill in all the difficulty's for trophies its bit daft when they could of just put in shoot 50/100 of them or these with this weapon or even strangle 20 & shiv 50 would of been better.

Soldier 95B
    Just picked the game up and started the campaign! So far so $#@!ing cool!

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Just picked the game up and started the campaign! So far so $#@!ing cool!
    Right on

Soldier 95B
    Had to stop playing after playing the intro...my PS3 fan was so $#@!ing loud I couldn't hear them talk

I guess I need to take my PS3 apart and see if its filled with dust or something

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    This game sold over million copies now. http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...million-copies
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-10-2013 at 15:53.

Thread Information