Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thanks, I have a quick question. GTA V obviously has been in development for a long time (first trailer was in November 2011 ) and its clearly available for the PS3 and Xbox, but if the PS4 won't have backwards compatibility then how long until GTA V is optimized or modified for the PS4?

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    We dont know if it's coming to next gen consoles at all. I wouldn't base my purchasing decision on that

PS3 is well worth the purchase now more than ever though. Endless amount of amazing games and more on the way with TLoU, GTAv and Beyond:two souls. Better yet, if you get PS+ you'll instantly be able to play a collection of great games right away.

If I hadn't a PS3 and a games collection. Getting one now along with PS+ just seems like the best way to go. Then adding individual games here and there

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I'd get a cheap used one.

On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    I'd get a cheap used one.

I'm concerned about the durablity

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by nabeelfarooqui View Post
    I'm concerned about the durablity
    Just get a used slim, they are solid machines.
    Plus you only want it for a year or two anyway, you will be moving to next gen eventually.

~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Yeah, i'll see.

PSN ID
    Dragonite258
    If you won't be able to buy the PS4 anytime soon then definitely get a PS3. You are missing out on some amazing games like Infamous, Killzone, Uncharted, God of War, Resistance and of course The Last of Us.
    And yes, in order to understand AC3 you have to play the previous games... Or just watch some videos online!

Hm..... well since the PS4 is gonna be around $400, then I'm hoping that the PS3 gets another price drop.

No, it's a fantastic time to get a PS3! They're ridiculously cheap now and have a massive library of games, including the best exclusives on any console. If you haven't played some of the top games of this generation, particularly ones that won't be making it to the PS4, then there's absolutely no reason not to get the system, especially at this fantastic price. Many people seem to think it's a bad idea solely because the PS4's coming out, but not everyone is going to want or be able to afford a PS4 at launch, not to mention that there are many games on the PS3 that won't be ported over, as well as the fact that some of the upcoming PS4 games will be on PS3 also. Sony will continue supporting the console for the next 3 years minimum, so it's not like you're buying a dead console. The only reason I would say not to is because if there's a price drop, it would probably be before Christmas, but I wouldn't hold out for one. You shouldn't constantly put off a purchase solely because of a potential price drop, because you can never predict when they're going to happen and the last thing you want to do is put it off for months only for a drop to occur a few weeks after purchasing one. At this point, I'd say it's not worth anticipating as potential price drop and at this price, a PS3 is 100% worth the money right now! It has the games; it has the support; and it has the price. There's no reason to hold out and I'd say out of all the consoles available, it's the smartest decision you can make right now as it's the only system on the market that I can guarantee is worth the value.

Enjoy your new PS3!

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by nabeelfarooqui View Post
    So yeah, im not rich and I'm certain that whatever I do I wont be able to afford the PS4 anytime soon (atleast a few years).

So im going for the PS3, especially for GTA V and Assassins Creed series.

Anyway what I wanted to ask is:

1) How long until new games stop coming for the PS3, as soon as the PS4 is released?
    2) Since ps3 and ps4 are gonna be using Bluray then is it possible that some games might come out for both the consoles, atleast for a while?

Here is a game related question:

1) Before playing Assassins creed III should I play the previous games? or is there no connection between the two? (like GTA games, unlike the Hitman Games)
    number 1: there are 60 games coming out from now u til the end of 2014.
    number 2: you CANNOT play a ps3 game on a ps4 and vice versa.

number 1: yes there is a story line that connects them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

PSU Staff Writer
    PSN ID
    swiftbigdaddy
    Buying the PS3 is a good idea. It's cheap, has a massive library of games, and will receive Sony's support even after the PS4 has been released. Some launch titles will be cross platform, and that will likely continue with some titles even outside the launch window of the PS4. However, I propose an alternative. You could always buy a Vita to tide you over until you're ready to buy the new console because, when you do get a PS4, you'll be able to get some PS3 games streamed to you via Gaikai. Then, after that, you can buy the PS3 when it's super cheap to hoover up the games that aren't on Gaikai!
    Credit for my avatar and profile picture is owed to http://thisallie.deviantart.com/

Thread Information