Latest PSU headlines:

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 11
    Superior Member
    I could have sworn Sony already came out and stated clearly that their system can be played offline entirely never needing an internet connection. So why is everyone saying Sony will be doing the same thing as Microsoft with DRM?
    "Bigfoot is blurry, that is the problem...it is not the photographers fault...Bigfoot is blurry and that is extra scary to me because there is an extra large out-of-focus creature roaming the countryside....Run he's fuzzy, get out of here" ~ Mitch Hedburg, RIP you crazy fool

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by WretchedSoul21 View Post
    I could have sworn Sony already came out and stated clearly that their system can be played offline entirely never needing an internet connection. So why is everyone saying Sony will be doing the same thing as Microsoft with DRM?
    According to this:

http://kotaku.com/sony-wont-answer-t...-use-510477281

They haven't chose to clarify their DRM features yet.

Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Absolutely.

You do realize that any of these DRM happenings can change, on either platform, correct? EA just did it by abolishing all online passes. I am sure they didn't do it out of the kindness of their heart. I am willing to be they will be taking advantage of the new DRM features of the next gen consoles, which will be MORE restrictive than the online passes they just dropped.
    You're disproving yourself in your own post. Yea, the only reason they abolished it was due to the new DRM crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by WretchedSoul21 View Post
    It can be played without an internet connection but it can't be played with games that may require an internet connection, mandated by the developer.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Absolutely.

You do realize that any of these DRM happenings can change, on either platform, correct? EA just did it by abolishing all online passes. I am sure they didn't do it out of the kindness of their heart. I am willing to be they will be taking advantage of the new DRM features of the next gen consoles, which will be MORE restrictive than the online passes they just dropped.
    So your point is that you feel Sony will most likely do something similar? We don't know that yet. Although I'm not going to say that's a poor guess.

According to this:

http://kotaku.com/sony-wont-answer-t...-use-510477281

They haven't chose to clarify their DRM features yet.
    Sony has clarified that the PS4 doesn't require an internet connection. But yes, we don't know how exactly DRM will be handled.

Soldier 95B
    It is all very confusing to me to say the least. I just hope that both consoles work when I get home, as soon as I plug them into the power and the internet, and I can play them daily.

6. Likes 33x likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    It is all very confusing to me to say the least. I just hope that both consoles work when I get home, as soon as I plug them into the power and the internet, and I can play them daily.
    Well you're set if that's all you require.

Forum Elder
    ah, right.....

so i'm to beleive all these hardcore gamers......
    turn on there 360's and then turn off the internet so that they are never connected.
    they then refuse to buy new and only rent or buy 2nd hand.
    although they also have monster PC's and love always connected Steam.

and MS are supposed to be worried about them why?...

Forum Elder
    nothing to be confused about really.
    you buy your new box, connect it and game just as you have with 360.

Extreme Poster
    I like all these new expectations. They really align well with what MS needs in order to be successful.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I like all these new expectations. They really align well with what MS needs in order to be successful.
    This is Microsoft after all. The 800lb gorilla monopoly that wants to swim in cash. I really can't stand Microsoft. I think most of their business practices (at least in the past) were horrid. Windows sucks. Office, while it was good, is way over priced. There are free alternatives online that are just as good for the average consumer, such as Libre Office. MS thinks that dipping in the DRM funding pool is one more way to line their wallets with green.

Extreme Poster
    This is Microsoft after all. The 800lb gorilla monopoly that wants to swim in cash. I really can't stand Microsoft. I think most of their business practices (at least in the past) were horrid. Windows sucks. Office, while it was good, is way over priced. There are free alternatives online that are just as good for the average consumer, such as Libre Office. MS thinks that dipping in the DRM funding pool is one more way to line their wallets with green.
    I like windows over all other OSs and I've tried everything except Apple's and I'm sure that's nothing all that either.

MS has the support so I will support them as long as they have the support. I don't care if they monopolize it. Yes, linux is cool in ways but it's horrid with program support. Don't like a program? tough $#@!, most likely not many other choices.

my allegiance is as long as you give me something i want. sony is in line with what i want and i like the direction they're taking...but like i've been saying numerous times, if they did screw up on E3 with the DRM then I'm not going to fret, as PC has always been my dirty pleasure. i just can't commit to PC because it requires more attention.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Did you just suffer from amnesia?

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I like windows over all other OSs and I've tried everything except Apple's and I'm sure that's nothing all that either.
    Once I went Apple OSX, I never looked back. It's like the energizer bunny. It just keeps on ticking. In my experience....and I am not claiming this is the case for all....OSX is far superior to Windows. I have to say, I have never used Windows 8 or Windows 7. I have two work stations at work. Windows XP SP3 and Windows Vista. Garbage.

my allegiance is as long as you give me something i want. sony is in line with what i want and i like the direction they're taking...but like i've been saying numerous times, if they did screw up on E3 with the DRM then I'm not going to fret, as PC has always been my dirty pleasure. i just can't commit to PC because it requires more attention.
    I would buy the Xbox and PS from Oscar Mayer if they sold it. I don't like MS or Sony. I just buy their games and consoles.

15. Likes Foraeli likes this post
    Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    It's not really fitting to compare Windows XP and Vista to Mac OS X. I've never tried Mac OS, but I generally like the Windows are more largely supported.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Once I went Apple OSX, I never looked back. It's like the energizer bunny. It just keeps on ticking. In my experience....and I am not claiming this is the case for all....OSX is far superior to Windows. I have to say, I have never used Windows 8 or Windows 7. I have two work stations at work. Windows XP SP3 and Windows Vista. Garbage.

I would buy the Xbox and PS from Oscar Mayer if they sold it. I don't like MS or Sony. I just buy their games and consoles.
    That's odd. I don't know many people that hate a company but still buy their products.

Extreme Poster

I'm not saying Windows isn't garbage. I'm saying that if you know what you're doing (meaning, you know how to disable what services to make the OS faster), Windows is the best overall due to support. Everything else, I know how efficient Mac and Linux are. Mac is more supported than Linux so that matters.

I still wouldn't go Mac because I don't want to have to think about which games support it and which don't. Same for programs. Sometimes there is barely any support for Windows itself with certain programs...sometimes the support is split between different versions of Windows...that alone is an issue, I don't wanna take on even more with a different OS.

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    Pretty much what I was afraid of. No buy. Halo 5 could be the best $#@!ing shooter on the planet...but I won't be touching it due to this idiotic decision by Microsoft. This is bull$#@!.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Superior Member
    Hate for MS (and Sony)
    Compares XP to OSX

Half your tech is stuck in 2005 yet you speak so proudly as if someone is supposed to take your opinion seriously... lol, just no. You might as well compare a old Palm Treo phone from 2005 to the iphone 5. Does that difference make it impactful enough for you to realize what a ridiculous comparison it is?

While your comedy show is entertaining perhaps you should stick to talking about consoles, at least we'll remain on topic.

On topic:

Like I said before, I'm reminded of the outrage over the first xbox requiring broadband instead of dial-up to play online. Apparently no one had broadband or they couldn't afford it. I think the market moved faster because of it, if only slightly.

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    That's odd. I don't know many people that hate a company but still buy their products.
    Because they like the product. It's that simple. I don't like Microsoft but I still bought a 360 because I don't care about having some twisted loyalty for a company. If the product is good, I will buy it. But I won't be buying a Xbox One because it is not a good product imo.

22. Likes unicron7 likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    Because they like the product. It's that simple. I don't like Microsoft but I still bought a 360 because I don't care about having some twisted loyalty for a company. If the product is good, I will buy it. But I won't be buying a Xbox One because it is not a good product imo.
    That's fair. I'm not going to say I don't own anything from companies that I don't like. Usually on more expensive things I try to stay away from them. That's just me though. I don't condemn anyone for buying a product from a company they don't like. At times you may not like the company but they offer the best product so it's kind of hard not to make those purchases. Never like MS but yet every PC i own has Windows on it. One because I've never found an OS that I felt operated as good for me. Also there is no other OS supported as much as Windows.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TrUe GaMeR View Post
    Hate for MS (and Sony)
    Compares XP to OSX

Half your tech is stuck in 2005 yet you speak so proudly as if someone is supposed to take your opinion seriously... lol, just no. You might as well compare a old Palm Treo phone from 2005 to the iphone 5. Does that difference make it impactful enough for you to realize what a ridiculous comparison it is?

While your comedy show is entertaining perhaps you should stick to talking about consoles, at least we'll remain on topic.

On topic:

Like I said before, I'm reminded of the outrage over the first xbox requiring broadband instead of dial-up to play online. Apparently no one had broadband or they couldn't afford it. I think the market moved faster because of it, if only slightly.
    Not sure how your argument applies. There's no meaningful way to play online games on a 56k connection.

And yes, internet connectivity is the future but this sort of way is not the right way to go about it.

Cloud is the way to go, not restrictions.

Thread Information