View Poll Results: Would you buy a PS4 if it implemented DRM?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I will not support any kind of DRM

12 21.82%
  • No, I will not buy one if the DRM is like Microsoft's

11 20.00%
  • Yes, if the DRM is less restrict

14 25.45%
  • Yes, I will buy one regardless

18 32.73%
Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Markus

Would you buy a PS4 if it implemented DRM?

With all of this talk of DRM, I wanted to get a feel for how PS fans would react if Sony mandated a system similar to Xbox One. Would you boycott the ps4 or put up with it? could you accept less restrict DRM?

This is meant for those who plan on buying a ps4. I'm also setting to to close after e3
    Last edited by mini E; 06-07-2013 at 00:52.

PS4 Launch Edition
    PS3 60GB (Upgraded to 500GB)
    Phenom II X4 955, HD 7770 1GB, 6GB RAM

If you add my PSN say you're from PSU or I might delete it!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Depends on the details.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Need details. Just don't do what microsoft is doing and you have my money Sony

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    If its anything like ms is doing with x1 then $#@! that.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Nah

I prefer my bum to be corporate$#@! free. I do believe though that if they do give publishers the permission to enforce DRM measures, then the big ones will definitely go all in with it

But we know we can play the console "old school" as has been stated by Michael Denny. So there's that at least

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Depends on the details. If its like what MS is doing then no.

Ultimate Veteran
    I think there will be publisher enforced DRM, so to what degree that rears it's ugly head, I won't judge Sony based off of that. However, if it is enforced system wide like Microsoft's, then I'm off the $#@!ing Sony boat faster than a cat with its tail on fire.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    If it's console wide DRM then nope, wouldn't buy it. If it's on a publisher to publisher basis, I would stay clear of those games. And would happily pirate them on PC. Allow that $#@!

Soldier 95B
    I will buy regardless. I am always on.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    buying it

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I'd have to. It's get on board or get off the train. In this case, Xbox One implements it and PS4 implements it. That would mean Gaming as a whole is turning to DRM. So I'd have to decide whether or not I want to keep gaming or not.

DRM is limiting how many times a used game can be played on a console, right? I think it's a load of bull, just like DLC.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    If it's not to bad I would be open to it. But I would need details. If it's anything like the abomination announced today then hell no!

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Anything beyond online passes then nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    If it's not system based and only publish based then yea. But $#@! those publishers that uses it. They can kiss elephant ass and lick donkey balls.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

15. Likes Lefein likes this post
    Superior Member

I'll still get a PS4, if it's a very lax DRM. If I can still lend it to my brother or friends, and also bring it to their places and play it their without bringing my console, then sure, BUT, I'm tired of being treated as a criminal by these companies. Any DRM more than this, then I'll wait until the console is $200 or less and only play a few select games that "I JUST KNOW" that I'll enjoy for a while, so no more wrestling games, no more CODs or Battlefields and certainly no more games that I see as being shallow like Sleeping Dogs or Remember Me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

"Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

PSU Live Streamer
    I don't buy used games. I don't buy anything used. I don't like buying other peoples problems. From time to time I make a poor purchase and am happy I have the opportunity to sell it used or trade it in. I'll miss that comfort blanket, but I won't stop buying because of DRM. I buy new, it doesn't affect me.

I'll stop buying sony consoles when they lose sight of the gamer. When my favorite sony exclusives become available on PC, I'll leave sony.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    No, I wouldn't. I buy all my $#@! new and I shouldn't have to get dealt with because of others greed. I would kindly say "$#@! you" to both companies. Besides... The Phantom Pain is a PS3 game anyway so I'm set.

$Greatness$ Awaits

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    If it's not system based and only publish based then yea. But $#@! those publishers that uses it. They can kiss elephant ass and lick donkey balls.
    Yep. You can bet your ass they will take full advantage of it.

Apprentice
    Hey folks... Many of us people need to wake up! You'll buy anything no matter what? Do you even know what that means?

This industry is turning into a big $#@!ing joke! And YOU support that transformation with your behaviour. I recommend sharpening your common sense and growing (even further) up. Get informed! The entertainment industry is part of a huge thing that has other agendas besides "entertaining" you and "making money". They work together with other industries... IMO evil and sinister industries. So when you see something like the Kinect 2.0, you know that that piece of tech has some serious stuff in it and is not just there to look pretty and help you play "I'm a fit person, but in reality I'm lazy and just jump in front of the screen pretending to play basketball" It just screams "I'm a spy tool and you can bet that the military is interested in BS like me!".

Fortunately, many people on the internet seem to agree with me and think that the Xbox One is
    . By the way: I was insanely hyped and excited for the Xbox One PRIOR to its unveiling. Then the press conference came and holy mom of christ, I was disappointed and f*cking shocked! But millions of people will be... (I won't say a particular word) whatever enough and they'll gladly pay 400 dollars for their own surveillance. It's not just the camera. It's the whole "social" BS that gets integrated into EVERYTHING we buy. Why do you think that is? Making it better for us? Well, whatever. Believe what you will. But first: Get informed.

Sorry for my "outburst", but I am shocked that the PS community seems to not care about stuff like that.

What I want to say is: PS4 will have all that social stuff too. That's very concerning. It's going to have the PS EYE (it's even called "eye"... lol). Fortunately, rumors seem to suggest that the EYE will not be mandatory and will be an optional peripheral. Good news. But Sony is not the holy angel some people believe it to be.

BUT DRM, always online and no used games or other restrictions? WHAT THE HELL? NO! NOOOO! This cannot be tolerated! We MUST draw the line here and now! We cannot allow them to introduce BS like that! How can anyone of you tolerate this? Where is the honor and the self-esteem? Where's your loyalty to yourself and your fellow gamers? Where's the love for gaming?

You know how they do it? They introduce as much as possible, but as little as necessary (so that we don't scream "NO we're not having it!") BS as they can. Small steps, but as big as they can get away with. Sony seems to take a much more subtle approach than MS, but still. What they will also do is invent problems that don't exist and present a solution for it. "Oh publishers can't make games for you because piracy and used games and blaaablaaaaa"... "Hey everybody, we'll invent a ton of restrictions for used games or even ban them completly, but the profits we and the publishers gain will insure much better GAMING EXPERIENCES (I hate the word "experience" and "content" ) and much more and richer content!"

NO! We have to draw the line HERE AND NOW! No more small steps to an ultimate goal of total control of our "entertainment"! I am so sick of it.

Do any of you people remember the days when gaming was just pure fun and excitement without having to worry about $#@! like that? When you never even thought of the possibility that there could be a possibility
    -That used games would be banned or crippled by restrictions?
    -That you'd have to connect to the internet for verification or whatever?
    -That you can't lend/borrow games?
    -That you have to pay a fee?
    -That your console and profile gets monitored (of course it's just for your benefit... the profile that gets created will show them what you are and what you like and can therefore make predictions of what you'll probably like and buy and show it to you! it's not there to gather personal data about you and your behaviour and make even more money!)?
    -that DRM is introduced?
    -that a lot of other BS is introduced?

I hope many people won't buy an Xbox One and that even more people who want to buy a PS4 show Sony that if they cross the line, we get very mad and the fun's over.

Please, don't be so lethargic. Don't walk with the crowd/mainstream. Don't be a sheep that can't think for itself and thinks that everything will work out fine. Stand up for your rights and DEFEND them! For the sake of everything beatiful and good, you owe it to yourself and everybody else not to let them take away any more of your freedom, rights and privacy for the sake of... I don't even know what you gain! You get more monitored and watched, and pay more money for less stuff!

This post is no offense to anyone.

To all of you: have a nice weekend!

21. Likes Lefein, MonkeyClaw likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Giant Bomb said EA, Activision, and Ubisoft are the ones pushing it.
    Looks like no WatchDogs for me and adding Ubisoft to the $#@! list if true.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Yes I would. It's not a problem for me.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    If its like microsofts, then no. Though that might be hard, cause Im a huge Naughty Dog lover.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    Funny how EA said we listen to your feedback on online passes and we got rid of them. LOL!!! Go from one extreme to extreme max to the $#@!ing extreme to the extemeth power! Watch the hand in the air and not the one behind my back.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I'm waiting for details.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    This is my shocked face, look how shocked I am

Ubisoft been on my $#@! list for many a year.

28. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post

Thread Information