Latest PSU headlines:

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Master Guru
    Molo316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    BRITAIN
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,168
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    316 (10,438 Banked)
    Items EnglandArsenal

    Any here a cab driver, or have been a cab driver?

    This is really random, but I hardly ever post in this forum.

    I was just walking back to the office from lunch the other day and saw a load of cabs (or taxis, as we often call them over here).
    I was just wondering if anyone here has ever done any cab work and whether or not you see fit to strike up a full-on casual conversation with your passenger(s). Or maybe this depends on the sort of passenger they are? Do you size them up when they get in and make an impression on whether or not they might be the type to want to have a conversation?

    Done. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Power Member
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,335
    Rep Power
    124
    Points
    55,376 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    London drivers have to learn "The knowledge" wish it wa sliek that up here, too many times had a driver not know where to go in the centre of Manchester.

  3. #3
    Master Guru
    Molo316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    BRITAIN
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,168
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    316 (10,438 Banked)
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    London drivers have to learn "The knowledge" wish it wa sliek that up here, too many times had a driver not know where to go in the centre of Manchester.
    Oh yeah, of course! That reminds me of a Ricky Gervais XFM radio show where Stephen Merchant said he got in a cab one time at night and told the driver where he wanted to go. They drove for a bit and then the driver asked him if he knew the way there... The driver then apparently said that he could get them to Camden (I think it was), and Merchant said it was alright. After a while, the driver asked if he knew the way to Camden

    But my question is more about whether or not anyone who has done some "cabbing" just naturally would strike up a casual conversation with their passenger or not and whatnot.

  4. #4
    Newbie
    FRIZL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    20
    Points
    2,166 (0 Banked)
    i've rode in a lot of cabs and I think the craziest cab ride ive ever been was about an hour north of my home city. The guy let us smoke cigarettes in the cab and like he was blasting Justin Bieber on the radio. Then another cab ride I went on in the same city the guy was telling us this story about all he does is drive heroin addicts around all day. He picks them up and then he drives them to their spot, then he drives them back home. All on government spending.

    the only time though the cab driver really speaks to you if you dont speak to him first is if you are alone, or an airport cab

  5. #5
    Power Member
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,335
    Rep Power
    124
    Points
    55,376 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This one time coming back from Bowlers the driver said "ee RR lads don't mind if we take a detour do you, I will turn the meter off?" About 10 mins later he pulls into a BP filling station and said "watch this!" beeped the horn then this young woman came to the door turned around dropped her pants and bent over.

    So wish camera phones were common back then.

  6. #6
    Master Guru
    Molo316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    BRITAIN
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,168
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    316 (10,438 Banked)
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by FRIZL View Post
    i've rode in a lot of cabs and I think the craziest cab ride ive ever been was about an hour north of my home city. The guy let us smoke cigarettes in the cab and like he was blasting Justin Bieber on the radio. Then another cab ride I went on in the same city the guy was telling us this story about all he does is drive heroin addicts around all day. He picks them up and then he drives them to their spot, then he drives them back home. All on government spending.

    the only time though the cab driver really speaks to you if you dont speak to him first is if you are alone, or an airport cab
    Bieber!? What the hell!?

    But the text in bold basically sheds light on my initial pointless query.

    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    This one time coming back from Bowlers the driver said "ee RR lads don't mind if we take a detour do you, I will turn the meter off?" About 10 mins later he pulls into a BP filling station and said "watch this!" beeped the horn then this young woman came to the door turned around dropped her pants and bent over.

    So wish camera phones were common back then.
    That is hilarious! Was she a minger though?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.