Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    They're axing that.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeMillington View Post
    I'm currently paying for the Lovefilm games package, so it doesn't make sense for me to pay for PS+. However, I will be starting a subscription once I buy a PS4.
    Here's the details mate:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/07/0...tals-in-august

PSU Staff Writer
    PSN ID
    swiftbigdaddy
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    They're axing that.
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraGaz View Post
    Thanks for letting me know, guys. I knew it was coming to an end, but I was hoping that it would be prolonged for more than just a month and a bit for existing subscribers. I guess I'll have to make the decision now as to whether start PS+ before the PS4 is out.
    Credit for my avatar and profile picture is owed to http://thisallie.deviantart.com/

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeMillington View Post
    Thanks for letting me know, guys. I knew it was coming to an end, but I was hoping that it would be prolonged for more than just a month and a bit for existing subscribers. I guess I'll have to make the decision now as to whether start PS+ before the PS4 is out.
    No probs, IMO I would. PS+ subscription vouchers and top up cards can be had at afew retailers with acouple of pounds off than they're worth. When PS4 hits the shelves I can't really see any discount happening on PSN vouchers as they will be more in demand with people having to pay to get online.

Will see if I can find any discounts now, I bought a 25 card for just over 20 at the start of the week.

Veteran
    Still the same price. Code gets emailed to you.
    Also, if you 'like' their facebook page you get a 5% discount code for your first order:
    http://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-ne...25-ps-vita-ps3

35 top up here for 29.99
    http://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-ne...35-ps-vita-ps3
    As well as the 5% code

PSU Staff Writer
    PSN ID
    swiftbigdaddy
    Thanks very much for finding the discounts, Gaz. I'm very tempted to get the PSN top-up, I'll mull it over whilst I'm in bed. I agree that the chance of discounts will be lesser when the PS4 is out, so it makes sense to get them whilst we can.
    Credit for my avatar and profile picture is owed to http://thisallie.deviantart.com/

Veteran
    No probs mate

As great as the deals Sony give with PlayStation Plus are, it's not really of much value to me. Yes, you get 65 free games a year for just 40, which is of tremendous value to those that take advantage of the offer, but this isn't good enough for me for several reasons. First of all, most of the games put up for offer have been available for a while, often being games that I've already got. Second, and most importantly to me, is that I like having hard copies of my games: I'm very OCD with this and have to have all my games brand new and in physical form. The idea of only having a digital copy really bothers me, as well as taking up HDD space and the fact that you're only "renting" and don't actually own the game (though this is of less significance to me). Finally, I don't purchase PSN games either, so the discounts are of no use to me.

I can acknowledge that PSN is of tremendous value, but they really need to start offering more services/features for the subscription if they're going to try to convince people like me that it's worth the money - especially if a subscription is going to mandatory for online PS4 play! Obviously it's fine for people that are already paying the fee anyway, but to people like me that currently have no use for it, I don't like suddenly being forced to pay to play online. The only thing I can think of to make it worthwhile is if they started offering big discounts on a lot of DLC that I'm likely to buy - and I'm talking things like half-price discounts, not just 1 off. Apart from that, they'd need to add more features for it to be worth the money.

I can see how it's a fantastic deal for people that take advantage of what it provides, but I don't need people telling me me how epic and worth the money it is, because for me to invest in it, it needs to offer more value!

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Just renewed my PS+ subscription, also got the team ICO HD game collectionfor free, which was a nice surprise

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

Thread Information