Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Mental health nurse full time. $#@!in love my job...goin for a physiotherapist job with children who have been involved in accidents...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

2. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    Mental health nurse full time. $#@!in love my job...goin for a physiotherapist job with children who have been involved in accidents...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
    Does that include children who ARE accidents?
    Last edited by keefy; 06-22-2013 at 01:28.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Bodie_CI5
    Items ApplePS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliphaz Levi View Post
    I'm a bricklayer. I'm shooting for electrician next life, baby steps... Me and Peter are going to have a looong talk when I get to the pearly gates
    lol, I feel like I'm going to be stuck in admin forever. I really hate my station in life. So long as the pay keeps coming in and be able to afford my games and stuff, I'll probably just take it on the chin for whatever's left of my life. Previous to this job I worked in a factory making eftpos machines; never felt so good getting up in the morning for work.

Master Sage
    I'm a fully certified debt collector.

Exciting, I know.

Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Bodie_CI5
    Items ApplePS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    I'm a fully certified debt collector.

Exciting, I know.
    How's Little Chris???

PSU Reviews Editor, Hit Series Creator
    PSN ID
    MelegantPrime
    Licensed teacher but currently a university professor.

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    I'm a global manager for a large company, responsible for the service and support of a technology area in that company.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Assistant to the Regional Manager.
    “Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you’re a man, you take it.”- Malcolm X

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by x6Teen View Post
    security guard and bouncer atm

best jobs in the world tbh
    Hated doing security babysitting 300 felons. Never been a bouncer before, though. What's that like?
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

$#@!ing A! In New Zealand I worked for 3 years as Loss Prevention at a fashion/cosmtic/clothing/electronic/toys store. I sat in my office each day listening to my mp3 player through speakers and catching shop lifters on the store's high class CCTV system. It was so much fun, and with the cameras I could see most of the store with full panning and zooming ability in good quality. I became such a badass hunter . I was soon totally familiar with shoplifting body language and it was fun working with my team mate to approach the customer outside the store and bring them back for questioning.

They get to do a walk of shame through the store, and LP gets a walk of victory for saving the store from loss. Below is a pic of me taken during a shoplifter apprehension.

Up in the interview room I then got to question them, this was basically the drill, routine but fun:

"So...why do you think we brought you back into the store?"
    "Are you aware we have a camera system worth a quarter of a million dollars in store?"
    "I saw you by XXX looking at a XXX and then XXX...care to explain that?"
    "Ok, please wait there, I'm calling the police to resolve this issue."

If they didn't confess after the first question, I askd the second, third and thn forth if they still play dumb. The bautiful thing is that even if they went confessed to stop me calling the popo, we called them in any event as a standard part of the apprehension proceedure muahaha.

"Ok, thank you for being up front, now please hang tight, the police need to come have a chat with you."

The software for the CCTV was great and recorded high quality footage when we activated record mode which we would have printed on a disc with all the paper work (including store tresspass notice and fine for $250NZD).

As the police marched them out of the store, one of us would go down and get the offender to stand against one of the stores pillars so that we could get a good mug shot with the camera. It was our last act of humiliation.

Most of the sales reps were attractive chicks so it wasn't such a bad deal. Of course, the role included more than just catching baddies, I was responsible for money handling and health and safety on the floor and I was also the fire warden. If I had stayed in NZ I would have become security manager at the store. I earned the hearts and respect of management and staff alike, I was the golden boy there lol. One of the best jobs I've had fun wise. For the first 6 months me and my team mate had no boss lol. Imaging just hunting bad guys, chilling to music, drinking coffee and chatting to a cool dude for half a year .

I worked for a year as security at Vienna Airport before quitting to become and English trainer, which is my current profession here in Austria.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

$#@!ing A! In New Zealand I worked for 3 years as Loss Prevention at a fashion/cosmtic/clothing/electronic/toys store. I sat in my office each day listening to my mp3 player through speakers and catching shop lifters on the store's high class CCTV system. It was so much fun, and with the cameras I could see most of the store with full panning and zooming ability in good quality. I became such a badass hunter . I was soon totally familiar with shoplifting body language and it was fun working with my team mate to approach the customer outside the store and bring them back for questioning.

One of us would get outside when we saw a theft or had heavy suspicion. Then the camera man would keep the apprehender updated with the customers progress until they leave the store. It's a lot of fun bing the ground guy. People have so much nervous nergy when they are leaving the store. Their hearts are beating a bit faster and it's just so classic when you say "Excuse me, can you return to the store with me?" and they se you holding a radio in white shirt and black tie and you watch their expression.

They get to do a walk of shame through the store, and LP gets a walk of victory for saving the store from loss. Below is a pic of me taken during a shoplifter apprehension.

Up in the interview room I then got to question them, this was basically the drill, routine but fun:

"So...why do you think we brought you back into the store?"
    "Are you aware we have a camera system worth a quarter of a million dollars in store?"
    "I saw you by XXX looking at a XXX and then XXX...care to explain that?"
    "Ok, please wait there, I'm calling the police to resolve this issue."

If they didn't confess after the first question, I asked the second, third and thn forth if they still play dumb. The beautiful thing is that even if they confessed when I threatned police action, we called them in any event as a standard part of the apprehension proceedure muahaha.

"Ok, thank you for being up front, now please hang tight, the police need to come have a chat with you."

The software for the CCTV was great and recorded high quality footage when we activated record mode which we would have printed on a disc with all the paper work (including store tresspass notice and fine for $250NZD).

As the police marched them out of the store, one of us would go down and get the offender to stand against one of the stores pillars so that we could get a good mug shot with the camera. It was our last act of humiliation.

Most of the sales reps were attractive chicks so it wasn't such a bad deal. Of course, the role included more than just catching baddies, I was responsible for money handling and health and safety on the floor and I was also the fire warden. If I had stayed in NZ I would have become security manager at the store. I earned the hearts and respect of management and staff alike, I was the golden boy there lol. One of the best jobs I've had fun wise. For the first 6 months me and my team mate had no boss lol. Imaging just hunting bad guys, chilling to music, drinking coffee and chatting to a cool dude for half a year .

I worked for a year as security at Vienna Airport before quitting to become and English trainer, which is my current profession here in Austria.
    Last edited by Ghost; 06-23-2013 at 17:01.

13. Likes holly likes this post
    Superior Member
    Fitness Trainer of 14 years

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodie_CI5 View Post
    How's Little Chris?

*Snip*
    Haha, it's not quite like that. I'm more of an office-based debt collector, working for various legal teams up and down the country on behalf of several clients, including BT, Virgin Media, British Gas, Sky, Brighthouse, HSBC - the list goes on. It's actually a pretty decent job and the payments - if you know the patter to get them to pay - can be good. I collected £1000 from just one person alone the other day, which counts nicely towards my monthly bonus.

PSN ID
    andrewds
    Motor Claims Administrator

I am an elementary teacher. After school hours I spend some time with poor children in drawing.
    Looking for a perfect office space in Soho.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style

What is your occupation?

being a guard is just great cos of the pay i get compared to the actual amount of effort i put in lol

being a bouncer tho is just actually pretty tough lol it helps if you're like me and have thick as veins from your bicep down to your fingers all night and have a mean stare to show people you're not going to take their crap. i never get any trouble in the front from the sober guys, mainly cos we're pretty well known around the area but during the middle and end of the night it's like hell when people start drinking lol being the bigger guy, everyone wants to fight you, even groups of 5-10 people that try to jump the other bouncers. we mostly get rid of them right after they get drunk and cos a little bit of trouble rather than waiting for a fight to start

and i can trust the other bouncers i work with with my life so that makes the job much easier. so many cool stories to tell lol
    Sounds like fun, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngels View Post
    I am an elementary teacher. After school hours I spend some time with poor children in drawing.
    Awwwwww.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

I’m a web designer at UK company. I’m satisfied about my job. It helps to gain new conceptual knowledge in day by day.
    Visit my website to get more info

Forum Guru
    Going to become an internal auditor at one of the big 4 accounting firms starting in September but for now my occupation is just enjoying life/summer

PSU Ghost Syndicate Corporation | Merc: Dorada Aquila | DUST PSN: smurf1191
    My first PSU article!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Bodie_CI5
    Items ApplePS3 Slim
    Haha, it's not quite like that. I'm more of an office-based debt collector, working for various legal teams up and down the country on behalf of several clients, including BT, Virgin Media, British Gas, Sky, Brighthouse, HSBC - the list goes on. It's actually a pretty decent job and the payments - if you know the patter to get them to pay - can be good. I collected £1000 from just one person alone the other day, which counts nicely towards my monthly bonus.
    Sorry Jaeger, just saw your response.

Far out, that does sound great! Are you involved in the more front line stuff? Or higher up? (you don't need to answer that if you don't want to )

Master Sage
    Sorry Jaeger, just saw your response. Far out, that does sound great! Are you involved in the more front line stuff? Or higher up?
    My role at the moment is telephone negotiator. I am working towards a promotion to deputy team leader, though, then hopefully team leader. Where I go from there is anyones guess. I just enjoy being on the phone though.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Bodie_CI5
    Items ApplePS3 Slim
    My role at the moment is telephone negotiator. I am working towards a promotion to deputy team leader, though, then hopefully team leader. Where I go from there is anyones guess. I just enjoy being on the phone though.
    I wish I had you answering that one phone call at my job today..........

Does it ever get hairy for you (albeit over the phone)? Or are many people kind of intimidated when people from your line of work call?

Again, you needn't answer any of these if you don't wish; I just have a genuine curiosity

-EDIT-

I forgot to write: Good luck with your future path in terms of promotion!

Master Sage
    I wish I had you answering that one phone call at my job today..........

Does it ever get hairy for you (albeit over the phone)? Or are many people kind of intimidated when people from your line of work call?
    Why do you wish that?

It can get pretty hairy but I never really have to deal with customers/debtors face-to-face. I do get the odd angry/irate debtor now and then but thats understandable considering we can call them anytime between 8am and 9pm asking for money from them. There have been times where I've felt like putting the phone down because they get too personal with the insults but it comes with the job.

Forum Sage
    Just been made fire warden of the warehouse i'm stuck in. More things to do for no more pay. Luckily they are going to put me through a first aid course so it's not completely pointless.

With the Next sale next weekend, i've managed to reserve some t-shirts and process some of next seasons things (its not very nice).
    Last edited by MedicDog; 07-04-2013 at 16:00.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Bodie_CI5
    Items ApplePS3 Slim
    Why do you wish that?

It can get pretty hairy but I never really have to deal with customers/debtors face-to-face. I do get the odd angry/irate debtor now and then but thats understandable considering we can call them anytime between 8am and 9pm asking for money from them. There have been times where I've felt like putting the phone down because they get too personal with the insults but it comes with the job.
    For basically the same reason as your second paragraph's last sentence and I wasn't even at fault haha

In all honesty, my current job's phone calls are usually better in nature, but just freaking pedantic to the point where you want to blow your brains out. A couple of my other jobs were REAL bad - in a job recruitment centre and at the head office of one of the major churches. Terrible conditions in terms of abusive clientele.

One last question, what sort of protocol is there for you to handle abuse? You need to negotiate politely? You're allowed to escalate the irateness? You can defer call to your superiors?

Master Sage
    We have to just put up with it. We're not advised to tell them to calm down or stop because that will make them do it more. We can pass the call to a superior if it becomes too much but, basically, we have to deal with it.

Thread Information