Latest PSU headlines:

PSN ID
    ezpunk8151

Issues with players/corps (ours and others)

ok welp ive started of getting sick of lfs'ing or inviting people from the corp and either get ignored or rejected, i havnt played with alot of the new guys and id like to but they ignore me also ive been playing a bit with tryanny members latly (troll,infinate,etc) and normally everything is just down and dandy but today when me and infinate were trying to deploy our squads together i told slimjim to shut up so i could hear, he responded with "weak asa hoe" now instead of trying to ignore him, i actually stood up for myself and retotrted, he responded by throwing tantrum and, during th next match he faced us, tried to kill me for most of it. Now i wouldnt like this for this to turn into a thing like what has happended between me and bill but something needs to be done. any suggestions?

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I moved this to the HQ area to resolve.

Did you tell him to "shut up"? Or, "hey, can you be quiet for a second please?". Was he just talking or was he being obnoxious?

If it was the former then his reaction is understandable. I have heard from one or two of the others that you have had a few explosion on the mic and have been a bit rude to members of Tyranny when you were with them. I know that you have also been going through a challenging time in your life and its easy to get frustrated. I react a bit differently, I usually am quiet and just keep to myself, then the way I feel just affects me.

Conflict is like fire...if you walk away it will burn out. When you retort you throw more wood on into the flames and they burn brighter, hotter and longer.

3. Likes JustMeat likes this post
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    i don't think tendo has access to this section yet....

but if/when he does:
    word choice is very important, and as Alex stated, your choice of words dictates how a person is likely to react, and vice versa.
    telling someone to "shutup" can be taken as very offensive and/or hostile, especially when you have the option to temporarily mute him; a choice which he'd be none the wiser of, or simply request that he keep it down for a moment whilst you sort out your business.

hostile words elicit hostile responses.

granted, this is also true for Slimjim, he too made a poor choice in the matter by fueling the fire (as it were).

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Conflict is like fire...if you walk away it will burn out. When you retort you throw more wood on into the flames and they burn brighter, hotter and longer.
    ^This is as eloquent a metaphor as you're going to get.

don't get hung up on every little thing and try not to instigate unsavory situations.

the most important thing to remember is to be yourself, but to also be understanding of how the other person is going to receive you.
    there's no harm in apologising either, even if you weren't in the wrong. clearing the situation is better then having it drag out for long periods of time, especially if its for something trivial like a misunderstanding.

as for the LFS thing, Alex is trying to group together people who want to play proper, and so is ye be gods too. im a bit time struck atm so im not as effective as i want to be, unfortunately. add to that; the fact that im the only one on this side of the world and time syncing becomes a bit of a problem
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

5. Likes JustMeat, Ghost likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Also, I know that you sent some invites last night. I was on DUST for about 3 hours and I played maybe 2 quick ambushes. The other times I wason the net, so don't read anything into that. I am often afk...

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Unaidedhippo5
    In Tendos defense, I reluctantly played with him and those guys yesterday and all they do is talk trash to each other. That one kid that said that toTendo also said the same to me and did nothing but talk to trash to everyone. Sadly he wasn't the only one. It seems that's just a group of people who have zero respect for their own teammates and anyone they play with.

PSN: Unaidedhippo5 - Dust514:Ye Be Gods - FFXIV:ARR: Yeshua Insignia

Don't know about the argumentative part but agree that it's best not to fuel the fire- that said, it does happen sometimes.

More on the members and no replies to Lfs or squad invites. With such a clunky chat interface it's hard to always do the right thing and reply politely that I am afk or busy with something elsewhere - I don't intentionally ignore people, especially corp members. Sometimes when my kid is with me it's hard to do more than just jump in a few quick matches- so no offence meant if I don't reply or react to a squad invite.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Unaidedhipo5 View Post
    In Tendos defense, I reluctantly played with him and those guys yesterday and all they do is talk trash to each other. That one kid that said that toTendo also said the same to me and did nothing but talk to trash to everyone. Sadly he wasn't the only one. It seems that's just a group of people who have zero respect for their own teammates and anyone they play with.
    hopefully, the new roles that were discussed over at the Dust forums can come into effect with the Uprising 1.2 Patch and we can broaden our ranks.

if members are genuinely being disrespectful to other members then its something of concern.

naturally, its something we'll need to deal with if this is happening. i'd like to make it a point that kicking members should be an absolute last resort for directors. if need be, allow the person to leave by their own accord.

Quote Originally Posted by JustMeat View Post
    More on the members and no replies to Lfs or squad invites. With such a clunky chat interface it's hard to always do the right thing and reply politely that I am afk or busy with something elsewhere - I don't intentionally ignore people, especially corp members. Sometimes when my kid is with me it's hard to do more than just jump in a few quick matches- so no offence meant if I don't reply or react to a squad invite.
    likewise, sometimes i'll turn dust on and then go do something else. a lot of things in dust need work on tbh...as far as i know, the only thing coming for that is timestamps...yay?
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

PSN ID
    Ranthop
    Wow, I'm gone for two days and this happens... Anyway, if anyone needs a squad or wants to form a squad I'll gladly invite/join, unless I'm in a full squad of course, but about 85% of the time when I'm on Dust I'm usually not. So yea, I'll see you all in a bit.

PSN ID
    ezpunk8151
    sorry meat, ive been having alot going on outside the game so ive really only played with Ye Be Gods and Romeo Tarver

I'm a gamer and an athlete it's hard balancing both sometimes
    PSN ID
    Beastblackops
    Tendo I think I've played with them before and all they did was yell back and forth to the point where I just turned of my mic and wondered how I was still able to hear

Thread Information