Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 6
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    Given the rumors and that Sony already Holiday 2013 and Xbox One being released November, I think November is the most likely date to expect. My suggestion is you save up as much as you can, maybe try and score some little jobs that will earn you some cash?
    I'll do that, I'll look around and do whatever I can to earn some money.

Super Elite
    My brother works in one of the stores of the largest electronics retailer in Holland, and he just texted me a couple hours ago he pre-ordered the PS4 there. He gets a 20% discount on everything he buys, so that's pretty neat.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by XMW View Post
    My brother works in one of the stores of the largest electronics retailer in Holland, and he just texted me a couple hours ago he pre-ordered the PS4 there. He gets a 20% discount on everything he buys, so that's pretty neat.
    Damn! That's not bad!

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Flumbooze View Post
    Best of luck

5. Likes Flumbooze likes this post
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Flumbooze View Post
    Creativity is a wonderful thing.

7. Likes Flumbooze likes this post
    Elite Member
    I have the launch edition, and two launch bundles pre ordered on Amazon. I'm keeping one and selling two for profit like I did with the PS3.

I have 3 preordered!

Apprentice

PSN ID
    crazy_gooner
    Quote Originally Posted by billm0066 View Post
    I have the launch edition, and two launch bundles pre ordered on Amazon. I'm keeping one and selling two for profit like I did with the PS3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alucin View Post
    I have 3 preordered!

Why do this? So other people can miss out.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_gooner View Post
    Whose missing out? Whether they keep them or sell them, somebody that wants them is getting them. Not like he's making a will it blend or drop test video.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Apprentice

PSN ID
    crazy_gooner
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    Whose missing out? Whether they keep them or sell them, somebody that wants them is getting them. Not like he's making a will it blend or drop test video.
    I remember when the 360 launched in the UK there was a shortage and people were ordering more to sell and make a profit. Not something I agree with.

Veteran
    I remember when the 360 launched in the UK there was a shortage and people were ordering more to sell and make a profit. Not something I agree with.
    I agree with you, I remember when PS3 came out, people were selling their PS3 guaranteed spot on the line for $1200. Not be a jerk, but hopefully people who're buying more than 1 just to make profit because some people weren't able to get it day one, don't make any profit at all if Sony manages to put enough consoles in time for everybody.

Elite Member
    I'm selling two and keeping one. How will anyone miss out?

Elite Member
    I agree with you, I remember when PS3 came out, people were selling their PS3 guaranteed spot on the line for $1200. Not be a jerk, but hopefully people who're buying more than 1 just to make profit because some people weren't able to get it day one, don't make any profit at all if Sony manages to put enough consoles in time for everybody.
    First time i've ever seen someone combine who and are to form who're lol. It doesn't look right.

We will make a profit don't worry. Demand is very high so i'm not worried about it. Regardless at the very worst I can break even, or offer one to friends at cost. I sold my ps3's for $950+ a couple weeks after launch.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    crazy_gooner
    It's a shame really.

I'm selling two and keeping one. How will anyone miss out?
    I'm not against you making a profit, business is business and we have to do what we have to do in order to survive. Some people will miss out because they couldn't pre order. Then at launch can get one but there'll be none left lol.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    NeoTokyoOutlaw
    I'm glad I decided to pre-order with Amazon as soon as it became available. Gone are the days of waiting in a Walmart layaway section with my friends, or overpaying on eBay. Assuming my PS4 isn't dead on arrival, this will be one of the least stressful console launches in quite some time.

Apprentice

Nobody is gonna miss out, except the countries that aren't gonna be involved in the Launch. I'm sure some people of those countries do not care about price when it comes to being an early adopter and they will happily pay the market price to have one sent over from wherever they are available instead of waiting 6 months+ till they get a release.

Most people always look to their own concerns but in reality people who are buying up preorders in multiples offer people who would be otherwise "Out of Luck" on launch the opportunity to buy. Whether that be the sloth who neglected to preorder, an oversees customer, or a Loving Mother who will do anything to surprise their hard working teen who didn't luck out or maybe has fallen ill. They ensure 2nd hand supply and drive up Demand which is ultimately good for the consumer in the end.

After all nobody has to pay anything above Street Price and no Business as big as Sony is gonna manufacture enough units to Supply an artificial unknown True Demand. It would be suicide.

Veteran
    First time i've ever seen someone combine who and are to form who're lol. It doesn't look right.

We will make a profit don't worry. Demand is very high so i'm not worried about it. Regardless at the very worst I can break even, or offer one to friends at cost. I sold my ps3's for $950+ a couple weeks after launch.
    Lol yeah I was tripping, I don't know why I did that, my bad. And I mean there's nothing wrong with making a little profit, but peeps like that one who was selling his PS3 for the double, now that is outrageous.

Administrator
    If you can make a profit... then make a profit. If people are willing to pay that, let them do it.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    As long as they release 300,000 units into Australia I will have no troubles getting a PS4 on launch day that will cover the fully paid Pre-orders from places like EB games and JbHiFi I remember when the Wii came out in 2006 they only guaranteed the fully paid for Pre-orders would recieve their consoles games and accessories on launch night.

Ofcourse Australia would be considered least important to places like Europe and USA in terms of easy logistics quick cash etc.
    But in another way Sony makes an extra $150 with Australian buyers and that's a huge profit they would more than likely not want to disappoint America pays just above cost price Europe and Australia will be paying out of our asses this holiday season so I hope we get enough systems to keep the obsessed playstation hard cores happy!! As these are the people who will spend extra $$$ within a few days of the launch and the people that will fork out extra $$$ on a playstation vita to go with their PS4 systems. I don't agree with the people that are buying extra PS4 units to sell on places like eBay it's morally wrong to resell a brand new high demand product for more than RRP because you are making lots of people willing to buy RRP consoles miss out.

It's not fair especially for hard working families who have to mIss out because a few people want to make extra $$$ for personal gain.

It not affects potential customers but it also messes with business in the sense that the extra money being taken away from retailers and the manufacturer means the time it will take the manufacturer to lower the price of the console in the future will be longer because they don't see any of that profit money so you see the consumer loses out in the end by doing this selfish act.

The quicker the manufacturer makes money the quicker the price will drop when demand becomes steady and/or dramatically declines

EB Games said that if you Pre-ordered your PS4 before 5th July here in Australia you're guaranteed to get your console launch day and if you ordered after this date you basically wait for stock on a first come first serve basis so happy I Pre-ordered before this date
    Last edited by chriharr; 07-09-2013 at 13:26.
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    Oops double post sorry
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

Thread Information