Prodigal Son Returning

Hello all.

I was a P1 and P2 owner in my past. In this past generation I was focused on using my gaming console as a device that could stream music from my PC to my home theatre. I later expanded into movies and TV shows. I bought a Ps3, but ran into a constant slew of connectivity errors, that new routers, different settings, and countless forum searches could not fix. So I traded in my PS3 for an Xbox 360.

I have been pleased over the years with my Xbox. Looking at this new generation, I can firmly say, that if Sony comes out without DRM on used games, I will be switching back to a Ps4.

So in peperation, I went out and checked my old Ps3 username.. yep still there... and then my old forum account here..

It was there as well.

I was member of PS3 forums before it merged with PSU. At one time I had about 1.5 Million points in the bank, cause I never spent them. Is there any way to go back and research that? Or with the merger and such am I just out of luck? Really not that big of a deal, as I dont know what I would spend them on anyway. Just thought I would ask.

Thanks!
    Diggity

2. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    NYFAN75
    First off.. Welcome back (who are you again??) Also about the points, well there has been a lot of happenings here since you have been gone.. Site was hacked and then there were some other issues as well and so in short they are gone.. Again welcome back

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by diggitydug View Post
    Hello all.

I was a P1 and P2 owner in my past. In this past generation I was focused on using my gaming console as a device that could stream music from my PC to my home theatre. I later expanded into movies and TV shows. I bought a Ps3, but ran into a constant slew of connectivity errors, that new routers, different settings, and countless forum searches could not fix. So I traded in my PS3 for an Xbox 360.

I have been pleased over the years with my Xbox. Looking at this new generation, I can firmly say, that if Sony comes out without DRM on used games, I will be switching back to a Ps4.

So in peperation, I went out and checked my old Ps3 username.. yep still there... and then my old forum account here..

It was there as well.

I was member of PS3 forums before it merged with PSU. At one time I had about 1.5 Million points in the bank, cause I never spent them. Is there any way to go back and research that? Or with the merger and such am I just out of luck? Really not that big of a deal, as I dont know what I would spend them on anyway. Just thought I would ask.

Thanks!
    Diggity

Welcome back... always good to see returning members!

As for the points, we have no way to go back and look into that. When we did a forum upgrade in 2010, a good portion of the database at that point was wiped out due to the incompatibility of our points system with the new forum software. Also right now, we are in a little state of flux when it comes to our SP (point) system. We are possibly going to a different means to point accumulation.

Welcome back, post away. If we can come to a solution on the shop, maybe I can look to refund some of your points!
    LMAO

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Welcome back friend... Some Welcome +rep for your return

How have you been
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Thanks for the kind welcome. Im not really that bothered about the points. After watching the Xbox 1 vs PS4 presentations, im firmly convinced now that Im coming back to the Playstation brand. Don't get me wrong, I love my 360. (Actually I love both of them, I have one for me and one for the kids), but lower price, no DRM, no forced attached camera, no paying extra to watch TV while I video game (does anyone do that?). Yeah. Im back. Im sure I will be one of many.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    It's a welcome message from you friend and we all seem to be thinking hard on this
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Thread Information