Latest PSU headlines:

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 7
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    He did say single player...
    It's an MMO, so you'll be playing online. But like other MMOs, you can choose to go solo if you choose, instead of being forced to squad up.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    It's an MMO, so you'll be playing online. But like other MMOs, you can choose to go solo if you choose, instead of being forced to squad up.
    I'll watch the interview again but he said, play it solo, or play single player.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    In the year 2014 and we can still only play with 3 other people? I understand if it is 1-4 for instances (thought I still think that is too small) but there shouldn't be a limit of how many people you can play with. If there are 1-50 people on a map I should be able to group with with 49 of them if I want to.
    Likely because it's not a true MMO (in the traditional sense) and probably only has around 256 people in one map or likely even less (maybe 128 or even 64), so if you don't pair them like that then there won't be enough carnage.

On top of that, having more than 4 random people together would already be pointless.

Flaw3d Genius
    I dont play MMO's...Are they filled with micro-transactions?

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Good question.

If we consider this game a $60 retail game then I don't think it will be full of microtransations. If it goes the F2P route like Planetside or Rift or something then yeah you can bet it will be full of them - all optional of course. But I think the general rule of thumb is, if you avoid microtransactions in F2P games - expect a lot of grinding

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Nitey explained it well. This game might not be a real MMO, just a...big online game. Like MAG.

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Good question.

If we consider this game a $60 retail game then I don't think it will be full of microtransations. If it goes the F2P route like Planetside or Rift or something then yeah you can bet it will be full of them - all optional of course. But I think the general rule of thumb is, if you avoid microtransactions in F2P games - expect a lot of grinding
    Do games that are F2p end up costing more than a full price game or are they still cheaper in the long run? (Obviously depends on what content you want...so say alot of content)

Extreme Poster
    That depends on the game but I'd like to think that yes, it would cost more...anytime you get something as a package, it should be less money. but if you're just not going to get much then yes it'll be cheaper.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Likely because it's not a true MMO (in the traditional sense) and probably only has around 256 people in one map or likely even less (maybe 128 or even 64), so if you don't pair them like that then there won't be enough carnage.

On top of that, having more than 4 random people together would already be pointless.
    I've seen someone compare this to DayZ (as loose as a comparison can be) but in that you are free to team up with however many people can fit on the server. i'd of liked this to be the same.

Extreme Poster
    I highly doubt that...because you can easily see that their focus is on a smaller team that has a lot of communication. Having 50 people would be a chaos and they would've given some sort of a hint.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I highly doubt that...because you can easily see that their focus is on a smaller team that has a lot of communication. Having 50 people would be a chaos and they would've given some sort of a hint.
    This.

For me a team of 4 is more than enough easy communication and no RAMBO players!

Flaw3d Genius
    Clans of 4 at a time would be amazing! Still not sold on the idea of people controlling drones n **** from their phones/tablets.

Extreme Poster
    That's still a lot better than automated crap we get that is more effective than this. Besides this is a demo, in any online competition, things that are available do not always work as intended.

It happens in every online competitive game. To me, that drone is too slow to give you the position. That's why I kept thinking it was a co-op game against AI and not against other players.

Superior Member
    The shootout at the start was all against AI. It was a scripted event / mission that the players encountered. You'll notice that after they save the cop from the jail cell there is a prompt showing how the whole team earned XP for finishing the event.

Afterward, when the girl sent up the flare and got shot at, that was "supposedly" a pvp encounter.
    "Bigfoot is blurry, that is the problem...it is not the photographers fault...Bigfoot is blurry and that is extra scary to me because there is an extra large out-of-focus creature roaming the countryside....Run he's fuzzy, get out of here" ~ Mitch Hedburg, RIP you crazy fool

Extreme Poster
    Yea that makes sense. I was excited about the title but the MMO aspect just completely makes it so much better. Also I love talent trees.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I'll watch the interview again but he said, play it solo, or play single player.
    It's always-online. See below:

"The Division will be always-online, because this is how the game is designed. It's a world that's always on and always living. The fact you're always-online is a must. It's the same for The Crew. You can join your friends or not, but something is happening in this world all the time.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-be-open-world

So you can play by yourself, but it's a persistent world.

Extreme Poster
    I love that concept and want it in next-gen games. It's a clever way to not make every game MMO but still keep that aspect that people enjoy.

Thread Information