Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Guys calm down, not only does playstation plus offer online play, you get soooooo much more than just that. And apps like netflix will not require this membership

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    I didn't catch this during the presentation, but I'm gonna ask anyway..:

Is it just me or do you feel that Sony needs to educate gamers about the necessity of an online fee? What is the money going to and what are the benefits? Why do we have to pay now and not during the PS3 era?

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Forum Overseer

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post

Is it just me or do you feel that Sony needs to educate gamers about the necessity of an online fee? What is the money going to and what are the benefits? Why do we have to pay now and not during the PS3 era?
    I think they know that we aren't dealing with other crap so we will pay up. I can understand somewhat that they have to survive and all because the online service does cost them money.

If I was paying for online without any goodies though, I would've been pissed off to the max.

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Again, can anyone tell me if this will require a credit card?

Does PS+ currently require one? Or can you use a PSN cards' funds toward buying a yearly membership?

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    Again, can anyone tell me if this will require a credit card?

Does PS+ currently require one? Or can you use a PSN cards' funds toward buying a yearly membership?
    yea you can use PSN cards...don't know why it'd be different now.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post

it depends on how you use it though.

if a f2p game self publishes and uses their own servers, then why am i paying sony?

if ALL games use sony servers then fair enough.
    PC does fine without it if anyone was wondering....
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    if a f2p game self publishes and uses their own servers, then why am i paying sony?
    This is what I wanna know.

So long as this $#@! stays off the PS3 I'm happy.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelemit View Post
    Sigh... This pisses me off...

I don't understand why pay to play is required...

If there are servers involved for the games, then... ok... I can see that...

But if I remember correctly, online play is peer to peer connections between all the playstations that want to play together... no server use involved...

Now... if Galkai is included with ps+... then I'll take ps+.. but even then.. any ONLINE GAME that is PEER TO PEER should be free! Otherwise NO!

Sigh...
    Kelemit
    that all depends on the game. COD uses whats called "listening server" technology, while bf3 and resistence use dedicated servers.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelemit View Post
    Sigh... some of you don't get it...
    Its not about the money. It really isn't.
    Like I said, IF THE GAME REQUIRES a server or uses a server, then that is a cost to the publisher / developer (whoever is running the server). It needs to be covered, no problem.

But if its a PEER TO PEER game ( and most games are, like uncharted, gran turismo, etc), these should be free to play... the playstations of the users who want to play that game are communicating with each other, making the server and running it, all on the users dime...

I'm just wondering about games like Infamous 2, where you could get user made & developer made extra missions to play / extend the gameplay. Technically online, but really just downloads a parameter... does that require ps+? I really hope not!

But even playing uncharted 3 multiplayer deathmatch, from what i understand... DOES NOT USE ANY SERVER!... why are we paying to play that?

Sigh,
    Kelemit
    The games are peer to peer, but there are servers that do the matchmaking, cross game voice chat(on XBL), general messaging, and Leaderboards. Those are all unified in XBox live for every game, so that is what you are paying for. Even if those things are free in some games.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    Will this require a credit card?
    Well there are PSN gift cards that can be bought in stores.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    i would of been unhappy if it was an extra fee ontop of PS+, but as long as the current PS+ stays at $50 im fine with it

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Veteran
    Before claims there is a paywall, lets here an official statement from Sony first because I don't remember Jack Tretton saying this at all. Jack Tretton will be on Spike tomorrow so maybe he will clarify it there because you know the journalists will ask.
    Resistance 2, KillZone 2, WarDevil, MGS4, God Of War 3, Final Fantasu XIII, White Knight Chronicles, Gran Turismo 5, and a alot more, how can 2008 not be the PS3's year.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Is there a confirmation to this? Link?
    Check the fine print at 12secs.

I already get PS+ but this is still disappointing to hear.
    I blame MS for introducing it in the first place.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Phat View Post
    Before claims there is a paywall, lets here an official statement from Sony first because I don't remember Jack Tretton saying this at all. Jack Tretton will be on Spike tomorrow so maybe he will clarify it there because you know the journalists will ask.
    he does say it.

he lists playing online mulitplayer as a feature of PS+
    sadly, the feature was not present in his list of two things for everyone else; the two being, single player and all your video's and music stuffs
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Veteran

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    he does say it.

he lists playing online mulitplayer as a feature of PS+
    sadly, the feature was not present in his list of two things for everyone else; being, single player (duh) and all your video's and music stuffs
    Well $#@! me in the a**. First denial the...then acceptance. $#@!. I still hope they clarify it tho because
    1)PS3 owners might be confused about the state of PS3 online play...paywall?
    2)Completely trustworthy insiders on neogaf who have been right 99.99% of the time said the PS4 had no online paywall. Maybe Jack Tretton worded whatever Sony's plan is in a weird way

Maybe

Basic-you can play simple head head multiplayer for free but not with the added features that PS4 has over PS3 for online (cross chat, etc.)
    PS+-added features

If it is paywall, I think it maybe less than $5 (said it in the slide) so maybe $3 a month which amounts to $36 a year. Not bad. Would still prefer $0
    Resistance 2, KillZone 2, WarDevil, MGS4, God Of War 3, Final Fantasu XIII, White Knight Chronicles, Gran Turismo 5, and a alot more, how can 2008 not be the PS3's year.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Big whoop at least they do not hide the apps behind a paywall like MS. Plus you still got your awesome free games and it is less than $5 a month cheaper than live. So between now and time it comes out do not get that $8 starbucks coffe, do not get that $7 fast food meal, and there you go.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Veteran
    Fark off Sony, awful move and yes it is true.
    "PS4 gamers who aren’t Plus members can still enjoy single-player games for free…and access to media services won’t require Plus"
    Source Twitter PlayStation.

17. Likes Cyn likes this post
    Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    Check the fine print at 12secs.

I already get PS+ but this is still disappointing to hear.
    I blame MS for introducing it in the first place.
    True but PS+ is still giving something in return. Though MS has introduced many other great features that the entire industry uses now e.g. achievements.

Veteran
    Well $#@! me in the a**. First denial the...then acceptance. $#@!. I still hope they clarify it tho because
    2)Completely trustworthy insiders on neogaf who have been right 99.99% of the time said the PS4 had no online paywall. Maybe Jack Tretton worded whatever Sony's plan is in a weird way

Maybe

Basic-you can play simple head head multiplayer for free but not with the added features that PS4 has over PS3 for online (cross chat, etc.)
    PS+-added features

If it is paywall, I think it maybe less than $5 (said it in the slide) so maybe $3 a month which amounts to $36 a year. Not bad. Would still prefer $0
    It is true. We the consumers and gamers lost on this day.

Veteran

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post
    If you're not old enough to have a job, yes.

22. Likes Ixion , Zswordsman, Wrath likes this post
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce

Maybe

PS+-added features

i hope thats what they'll do too.

hopefully, "playing" is still part of the deal.
    but all the other stuff like watching what your friends are doing, and share buttons, cross game chat etc get put behind the paywall.

@ $5, i don't really care much. as i say, i only let it expire due to my lack of interest in PS stuff as of late.
    $5 a month isn't that high of a paywall, but its still a pay wall all the same.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Forum Overseer

It sucks but really, after all this time, PS+ isn't that bad of a deal right now on the PS3. I bought a Sony card with $100 off and I was going to buy the subscription with that. So...not all that bad if you think about all the benefits it comes with.

PS4 is cheaper than XBONE, but NOT really that much cheaper, the XBONE package includes the kinect camera

Not gonna jump on the bandwagon right away now with pay to play online requirement. I got my new pc to play most of the multiplat games anyway.

Titan Fall looks fun and it will be on PC

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post
    Vote with your wallet.

Honestly next gen to me is one big finger to the consumer one way or the other and I'm not buying into it. Nintendo is the only one who has said no to any fees whatsoever and I hope they win next gen but I doubt they will. They'll be getting my money though I know that.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Forum Overseer

You better have a really awesome rig then.

@Aaron, Nintendo? Win? lol. You want gaming to end? We can't give that responsibility to Nintendo alone, they're too much of newbiefucks to do it right. Wait, they screwed up on even their own game, how can you even say that! Take that back now!

Thread Information