Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    But it was Sony fans that were always pissed when Microsoft copied.... Xbox fans were never pissed when Sony copied Microsoft. They would always remind them that EVERYBODY copies.
    What did they copy from MS?

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Remember when blah blah blahh remember when....wash rinse repeat

#dealwithit

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I'm fine with paying for PS+ and that being required for online play. I can say I'm losing out on the money at the amount of a single retail game, but I'm getting plenty of games from PS+ to make up for that.

Soldier 95B
    I will be paying for PSN+ for my PS4. But I know many will not be getting a PS4 on this forum. They said they will never pay to play online.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    I'm just glad the WE HAVE FREE ONLINE GAMING bullet point is now gone.
    I admire how you just focus on this one point. I guess we've really hurt you huh. lol.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items User name style
    Sony saw that by not charging for the online they lagged too far behind Xbox Live due to the investment that was getting. As such this is the right move by Sony and I have no issue with it at all.

I was never a big fan of multiplayer online gaming so i can live with the pay to play ps plus system but if you get 3 month of ps plus for only 10 dollars/euros that is a really good deal for your money maybe i will invest in it myself

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    I was gutted. Especially the sly way it was announced. Shame on you Sony for that, not cool.

You should not have to pay to play online, END OF STORY. You pay for your internet, you pay for your games, you pay for the console. You have paid your dues already. **** that ****. Massively let down by Sony on that one

And everyone defending this should take a long hard look at themselves

ADMINISTRATOR
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I was gutted. Especially the sly way it was announced. Shame on you Sony for that, not cool.

You should not have to pay to play online, END OF STORY. You pay for your internet, you pay for your games, you pay for the console. You have paid your dues already. **** that ****. Massively let down by Sony on that one

And everyone defending this should take a long hard look at themselves
    I'll be able to sleep at night.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Mm..waffles..
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I'm not the best person to defend this move since I have been paying for PS+ since the beginning anyway and I already pay to play online on xbox.

So yeah, personally? I don't mind at all. There, you have it. lol
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    I'll be able to sleep at night.
    I wonder if you were part of the group who have ridiculed XBL Gold in the past. Cos those who have and then defend this are nothing more than hypocrites.

12. Likes BBK.. likes this post
    YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    It is very unfortunate in my opinion, and was a true advantage Sony had over MS. I even cancelled my XBL as I refused to continually pay in order to play games online. My mindset was why pay on this machine, when I can game online for free on the PS brand? Deep down I just knew this would eventually come our way, but I always hoped they would remain free. Either way they still have my attention over the competition as they have advantages in many other key areas.

8 years and counting!

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    PS Plus is a subscription done right...XBox LIVE are trying to copy now, giving Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2 away?

PS Plus give free PS3, PSVita games as well as Drive Club for free at launch!? This to me was incredibly impressive, I wasn't expecting the Instant game collection to kick in on the PS4 for at least 6 months after launch!
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by justintheman87 View Post
    It is very unfortunate in my opinion, and was a true advantage Sony had over MS. I even cancelled my XBL as I refused to continually pay in order to play games online. My mindset was why pay on this machine, when I can game online for free on the PS brand? Deep down I just knew this would eventually come our way, but I always hoped they would remain free. Either way they still have my attention over the competition as they have advantages in many other key areas.
    but here you pay not only for play online, you got dozens of stuff(from icons to exclusive closed betas) for 3(!!!!!!!!) platforms!! wich company will offer you that kind of deal?? why ppl only see "pay for online" and dont see other positive things or 5$/month is so damn expensive????

Forum Sage

I have no problem with paying to play online. I understand that PSN is service and it is something that costs money to run. When i gamed on both my PS3 and 360 I was actually happy to pay for XBL as it was by far a much greater service than PSN ever was. Now with this money Sony can make PSN everything it should be.

As others have pointed out though. I expect many of you to never go online now since you said you'd never pay to play online.

Veteran
    I wouldn't care so much, because I could be a SP only gamer on PS4 and if I wanted to play online, do it on PC. Very far from ideal yes, but it's an option

However, the line between single player and online MP has been completely blurred now. All these SP games coming out with truly online, social, linked in features. Can you play those without a subscription? Will you be getting a severely gimped version?

Ultimate Veteran
    Read my sig.
    Who would have thought building a solid product that serves your customer's needs would beat out money, marketing, hype, and greed.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    I wouldn't care so much, because I could be a SP only gamer on PS4 and if I wanted to play online, do it on PC. Very far from ideal yes, but it's an option

However, the line between single player and online MP has been completely blurred now. All these SP games coming out with truly online, social, linked in features. Can you play those without a subscription? Will you be getting a severely gimped version?
    Lets wait for Jack intrvew later today. maybe general online play still be free, but ps+ users will have extra fitures

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    PS Plus is a subscription done right...XBox LIVE are trying to copy now, giving Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2 away?

PS Plus give free PS3, PSVita games as well as Drive Club for free at launch!? This to me was incredibly impressive, I wasn't expecting the Instant game collection to kick in on the PS4 for at least 6 months after launch!
    But do we get to KEEP the free games we get on PSN+ even if we stop subscribing?

Does not bother me much at all,I never play multiplayer, and I'm probably in the 1%the only thing I used it for was downloading demos

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    Sony saw that by not charging for the online they lagged too far behind Xbox Live due to the investment that was getting. As such this is the right move by Sony and I have no issue with it at all.
    This was a huge advantage to many, not having to pay online. Sony will dominate the market next gen which is probably why they have no problems doing this now, so in a way, it kinda sucks MS have messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    But do we get to KEEP the free games we get on PSN+ even if we stop subscribing?
    Nope, that's why it's a deal breaker to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Extreme Poster
    I laugh off the concerns of people that weren't fans of the Xbox in the first place. You know... the ones that PRETEND they are interested in it.....only to dump on it almost daily for months before it was even debuted to the public? If it wasn't one thing they were gonna rip it apart for it would have been another. Microsoft was never gonna win most of these folks over even if the console gave blow jobs.

I'm just glad the WE HAVE FREE ONLINE GAMING bullet point is now gone. Heard it for the last 7+ years. I guess Sony DOES copy Microsoft after all!
    Yea the free online point is gone but there are like...5+ more points now lol. And PS+ has shot ton of content. If they were charging for just being able to go online, yea that would piss me off.

But at this point, they've done so many things right, I could see people still caving in.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Certain games you get to keep no matter what.

Discounts on bought games, you get to keep.

I wonder if you were part of the group who have ridiculed XBL Gold in the past. Cos those who have and then defend this are nothing more than hypocrites.
    Really it's not the same.
    Last edited by Sufi; 06-11-2013 at 12:44.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Certain games you get to keep no matter what. Discounts on bought games, you get to keep.
    As it stands right now MOST games are rentals. I was wonder if they will remain rentals with PS4 or if we get to keep them.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    For me, I can't think of any negatives in this boat.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Really it's not the same.
    Yes it really is. PS+ on PS3 is great because it's optional. It's additive. You pay extra money for extra content and services. This is NOT additive. They take away a service and tell you to pay for it.

Thread Information