Latest PSU headlines:

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You don't need cc info for a plus card right? I'd go buy a 50 right now just to get it over with lol.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    You don't need cc info for a plus card right? I'd go buy a 50 right now just to get it over with lol.
    Correct.

3. Likes Kuro likes this post
    YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    I need to get PS+ sooner rather than later now, so I can start taking advantage of certain things before the PS4 releases. Or should I wait? Thoughts from those experienced with PS+ are welcome.

Also need more people to game with, so if interested hit me up via PM for my PSN ID.

8 years and counting!

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Correct.
    Oh great I thought it did for some reason. I'll try to grab one this weekend.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by justintheman87 View Post
    I need to get PS+ sooner rather than later now, so I can start taking advantage of certain things before the PS4 releases. Or should I wait? Thoughts from those experienced with PS+ are welcome.

Also need more people to game with, so if interested hit me up via PM for my PSN ID.
    I have had PSN+. But I would wait, since you are getting online FREE right now. It will be a better value for you once the PS4 is released.

7. Likes Justin likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    It's $#@!ing bull$#@!.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    While I don't like the idea of having to pay to play online (I'm a PC Gamer), I can understand why they are wanting a subscription fee for it. Seeing as I'm already a PS+ member it doesn't really affect me at all and so far I have easily saved hundreds from games I was going to purchase anyway. DriveClub I was going to purchase day 1 and now I don't even need to do that as I get it free on PS+. Think of it this way though, you'll be paying 40/year for PS+, DriveClub would cost you 40, so I've just got the price of PS+ for a game I wanted with a better version of the game PLUS more free games on my Vita, PS3, and PS4 within that year, and that's just the games.

Also for games that you had to purchase an online pass for, well I think this is another reason for them to recoup the lost sales cost on that second hand game as well as removing the extra cost to the consumer.

Elite Member
    Someone may of missed this why they could be charging for online!!

Cross game Chat
    Galkai

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    It's $#@!ing bull$#@!.
    It is lol

Perhaps not the best way to look at it but it trumps considerably what the competition is up to on their machine, at much much better value as well when taking into account the free Vita/psp/ps3 services+games that come under the same subscription.

I mean, it's $#@!ing bull$#@!, but it's bull$#@! with value

POSITIVE SPIN YALL

BTW is cross game chat behind paywall as well? or just the multiplaying aspect
    I'm a plusser, but just wondering

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Bodie_CI5
    Items ApplePS3 Slim
    *Personally* (ie. NOT wanting to persuade anyone etc), I don't really mind this. It did raise my eyebrows for a brief moment when I first heard about it, but then I go "hang on a sec; I've been paying a $15 sub for WoW for 8+ years, and haven't logged on for nearly three months now, yet I haven't suspended my sub!". So the way I see, for me, I'll be paying $5 for this and get access to possibly many other features. As opposed to the one game and for which I'm paying $10 more per month (and where you can't even walk for five e-metres without paying for a sub or logging on at all).

I can understand why some are outraged (and I'm still not 100% comfortable); but at my own personal level, the above is how I've rationalised it.

i'm an optimist and can only hope that this covers the service charge for gaikai. hopefully this will mean you won't have to pay to play games through gaikai
    Last edited by brenno99; 06-11-2013 at 14:12.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Perhaps not the best way to look at it but it trumps considerably what the competition is up to on their machine, at much much better value as well when taking into account the free Vita/psp/ps3 services+games that come under the same subscription.
    So PSN+ will be allowed for every member of the household too? Or does each person have to pay for PSN+?

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    As it stands right now MOST games are rentals. I was wonder if they will remain rentals with PS4 or if we get to keep them.
    You can't expect them to give you hundreds of dollars of games for $50 a year. How can you make money off that?

They do give out games but these games are pretty cheap to begin with. Sometimes you get a good game or two. Overall, you do get betas, exclusive content, hefty discounts (sometimes I get bummed that I don't have PS+ when I see a good discount on a game i want) I do like the time trials because you really need to play a game to see if you want it sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Yes it really is. PS+ on PS3 is great because it's optional. It's additive. You pay extra money for extra content and services. This is NOT additive. They take away a service and tell you to pay for it.
    That's true, I totally agree which is why I'm bummed about it. But it does cost them money to keep it going and you are getting extra content. I wouldn't ever agree to that on the PS3 because it's barely worth to me now, in this day and age, being free.

On the PS4, we don't know what else is on there...they've already given us all the features that gamers want...now if they were just charging for gaming features, $#@! that, I can't bring myself to pay for online only. If I'm paying for them and i'm getting extra stuff? Not too bad but yea, I'd still prefer free online play.

I just don't see how this is the same as paying for just gaming features...that's ridiculous. I don't care if the PS4 had all the answers, I've always said that if they charged for online only, I will not buy it. This is a compromise...yes, you're paying for it but really it's fair as it does cost them money on both things. They're not charging a ridiculous price like MS was 10+ years ago without anything extra.

Overall, I think PS4 is doing everything else right against the XbOne that the PS3 did not against the 360. That's what I'm looking at. This is definitely a negative for some, make no mistake.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    So PSN+ will be allowed for every member of the household too? Or does each person have to pay for PSN+?
    A fair question. I'd like to know that too. I won't mind a lot if it's locked to one account but it'd def be a step backwards.

On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Forum Guru
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    PS+ subbed till 2016 (got some 1 year PS+ cards on the cheap) so not really fussed but can see why some are annoyed at the new online subscription.

GAME recently had yearly PS+ cards for 15 on offer so best bet is to try and grab some discounted cards for those who don't want to pay full whack.

Dedicated Member

The more I look at this generation of consoles, the more I think I'm going to stick to PC gaming. I guess this generation was inevitable, but I hate to see it come.

It used to be that consoles were a very cheap alternative to PC gaming. You spend $200-$300 and got a system that gave you a good 6+ years worth of use. The console games were distinctly different from PC gaming as well. PCs had the sims, the RTSs, the western RPGs, and the FPSs, while consoles got more action and sports games, platformers, and JRPGs.

Not anymore though. Now consoles are hitting the $500 price range plus and annual online subscription fee which matches a good gaming PC upgrade. Also consoles have developed a PC-like game library. Indeed, probably 90% of the hottest games are from developers that started on the PC and are available on both the PC and consoles.

Add to that the fact that todays PCs have the same HDMI output as consoles and support the same basic controllers and controller layout as consoles, and the age old excuse of "I prefer gaming on my couch and big HDTV" no longer applies.

It's reached a point where the only reason to own a console at all is it's exclusives, and I'm no longer finding either console manufacturers exclusives compelling enough to buy the systems. My favorite games of this past generation have all been multiplatform.

I'm going to keep my eye on the console market because I just love gaming. Maybe one of the console makers will come out with something I just have to have. Maybe one will come out with enough little things that it compels me to buy it. Right now I've got a little interest in the PS4 and my Xbox One interest level is near nil.

Who knows, maybe I'll sell off my existing consoles, peripherals, and games, and just use the money to build a dedicated living room gaming PC instead. It could do everything these consoles can do, and quite a bit that they can't such as function as a DVR and video editor.

Whatever happens I'm not jumping in to this generation of consoles any time soon. Too expensive for something I can already get on my PC.
    Last edited by Completely Average; 06-11-2013 at 14:32.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    The more I look at this generation of consoles, the more I think I'm going to stick to PC gaming. I guess this generation was inevitable, but I hate to see it come.

It used to be that consoles were a very cheap alternative to PC gaming. You spend $200-$300 and got a system that gave you a good 6+ years worth of use. The console games were distinctly different from PC gaming as well. PCs had the sims, the RTSs, the western RPGs, and the FPSs, while consoles got more action and sports games, platformers, and JRPGs.

Not anymore though. Now consoles are hitting the $500 price range plus and annual online subscription fee which matches a good PC upgrade. You could get a good mid-range video card, CPU and RAM for that. Also consoles have developed a PC-like game library. Indeed, probably 90% of the hottest games are from developers that started on the PC and are available on both the PC and consoles.

Add to that the fact that todays PCs have the same HDMI output as consoles and support the same basic controllers and controller layout as consoles, and the age old excuse of "I prefer gaming on my couch and big HDTV" no longer applies.

It's reached a point where the only reason to own a console at all is it's exclusives, and I'm no longer finding either console manufacturers exclusives compelling enough to buy the systems. My favorite games of this past generation have all been multiplatform.

I'm going to keep my eye on the console market because I just love gaming. Maybe one of the console makers will come out with something I just have to have. Maybe one will come out with enough little things that it compels me to buy it. Right now I've got a little interest in the PS4 and my Xbox One interest level is near nil.

Who knows, maybe I'll sell off my existing consoles, peripherals, and games, and just use the money to build a dedicated living room gaming PC instead. It could do everything these consoles can do, and quite a bit that they can't such as function as a DVR and video editor.
    You make a good point, a very good point.....but as non pc gamer all i can retort with is.............$#@! PC gaming!!!!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

20. Likes Leviticus likes this post
    Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    I'm just glad the WE HAVE FREE ONLINE GAMING bullet point is now gone. Heard it for the last 7+ years. I guess Sony DOES copy Microsoft after all!
    So, the "WE HAVE FREE ONLINE GAMING" bullet point is replaced by about 3 more bullet points in regards to DRM?...

Lol, only you would see that as some kind of "victory"...

Extreme Poster
    As it stands right now MOST games are rentals. I was wonder if they will remain rentals with PS4 or if we get to keep them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post

Not anymore though. Now consoles are hitting the $500 price range plus and annual online subscription fee which matches a good gaming PC upgrade. Also consoles have developed a PC-like game library. Indeed, probably 90% of the hottest games are from developers that started on the PC and are available on both the PC and consoles.

Whatever happens I'm not jumping in to this generation of consoles any time soon. Too expensive for something I can already get on my PC.
    I agree with you but I still see value in console gaming...in fact, more now with more PC games on it. I do think PC is superior but I think it also comes with a lot of issues.

However, without consoles, the recent years of PC gaming wouldn't have been as good. Those once-PC-devs wouldn't have spent more cash into development for PC only, they were bleeding money. So you can thank consoles for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzano-O View Post
    So, the "WE HAVE FREE ONLINE GAMING" bullet point is replaced by about 3 more bullet points in regards to DRM?...

thank you lol.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzano-O View Post

Thankfully he's been dealt with lol. $#@!, whilst funny, had been bordering on pathetic for a little too long

Yeah. All accounts on my system can play online if I'm a plus member

Superior Member
    Items Dark Souls CoverPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    A fair question. I'd like to know that too. I won't mind a lot if it's locked to one account but it'd def be a step backwards.

On the move with Tapatalk
    Yosida confirmed that it's one Plus membership per consoles. The other accounts will be able to access it and don't need to buy a separate membership.

https://twitter.com/yosp/status/344369977438126080

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    You can't expect them to give you hundreds of dollars of games for $50 a year.
    So that is a no.

Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    You make a good point, a very good point.....but as non pc gamer all i can retort with is.............$#@! PC gaming!!!!
    Agreed!! $#@! PC GAMING!!

Veteran
    I had not thought about this through, if paying for PS Plus gives us access to Gaikai then it's a fair deal then.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    You know, some people are saying that + services are worth it. Personally I agree that they've been doing a fantastic job so far with it. But they could have handled this part better. Here is what they should have done: Make online free still for all gamers but deny Gaikai services (Like streaming and recording); cross game chat and cloud unless you pay for their additional services.

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    I like how this is really the only negative talking point about the console...and it's for PSPlus, something most people have already. As I expected the people who have sour grapes are in the thread with lame talking points. You get free games, free themes, discounts, early access, cloud saves, etc. Now you get to game online. Awesome. Not a big change. I find it ironic that most people that touted Live being great due to being a paid service are now the very ones ridiculing Sony for obtaining the business model. Straws....keep grasping.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

29. Likes Leviticus likes this post

Thread Information