Latest PSU headlines:

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Sad to see a member go like that. I have never and will never support permanent bans. Yes, he was getting too emotional about it but people get over things. Losing a member is worse than anything imo. Not unless someone is here just to troll...yes he was an extreme fan but I don't think he was here just to bash...he was just trying to present his points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    So that is a no.
    Yes that is a no lol. Really now? Your argument is that they aren't giving us full retail games for free? Every month? Now I don't have PS+ so I can't speak much for it but I have seen them give out plenty of free games, now how many are retail as opposed to PS1 or PSN, I don't know but maybe someone knows here. What I do know is that the trials of new games and free rentals every month is alone worth a good chunk of the deal.

This month it's Deus Ex: Human Revolution(PS3), Machinarium (PS3), Saints Row: The Third (PS3). I haven't tried two of those games yet, really, it's not that bad. I wouldn't pay for it today but judging from what they may add for the PS4, I'm keep my eyes open for it.

Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    I had not thought about this through, if paying for PS Plus gives us access to Gaikai then it's a fair deal then.
    I think it might. Also, if I heard correctly, we'll get a collection of older games too (BC)...can someone back me up on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    You know, some people are saying that + services are worth it. Personally I agree that they've been doing a fantastic job so far with it. But they could have handled this part better. Here is what they should have done: Make online free still for all gamers but deny Gaikai services (Like streaming and recording); cross game chat and cloud unless you pay for their additional services.
    As unicron7 said, I forgot about Gaikai, yes, the cloud service costs money too. If they include that, honestly I don't see a problem.

See, I was angry about the share button because I figured it'd be behind a paywall so I wouldn't want to pay just for sharing. Since they're giving it to us a full package, we'll see what the details are and so far I'm realizing that there will be a lot to go with it.

So while I don't care about sharing, I may use it. I have wanted to share in the past. It's very painful to share from consoles. So if this gives us the full advantages of the PS4, **** sign me up.

Just as a PS+ and online is like, well...maybe, maybe not. But I think we should wait and see. I think we might be getting a lot more goodies than what PS+ is right now.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    I don't really understand all the complaining in this thread. MS has been doing this for nearly a decade, and with one year of PS+, it's still much cheaper than the competition.

And for all you having a moral standpoint: You're paying for online gaming services. Servers and the like. Media services would not need a PS+ membership.

That, surely, cannot be sucha hard pill to swallow?

Wishlist: inFAMOUS, SotC 2, Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2, next Obsidian Fallout, Fallout 4, Project Eternity, ND's PS4 game
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Extreme Poster
    All we have to do is see what comes with it, I have said in the past that I wouldn't want to pay for online play. This isn't just online play. I have even said that I would like Live on PSN and may have paid for it in certain situations. Well, this isn't like Live at all so.

Let's just wait and see what they give us, I already think there will be more benefits like gaikai but let's see what else.

PSU Live Streamer
    Heres the thing I am confused about.

PS+ members get discounts for downloadable content
    non-PS+ members do not

So riddle me this. If PS+ is the only way to get online, why do they still need to offer discounts that non-PS+ wouldn't get if they cant even access the content to begin with.....

There must be some level of free online service we are missing here.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    I had not thought about this through, if paying for PS Plus gives us access to Gaikai then it's a fair deal then.
    That would be a fair deal for PS+ yeah, a very fair deal indeed. But online gaming should be separate and free

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post

non-PS+ members do not

So riddle me this. If PS+ is the only way to get online, why do they still need to offer discounts that non-PS+ wouldn't get if they cant even access the content to begin with.....

Maybe they'll stop giving discounts.

Also, I think this is their way to segregate people at the door because if you think about it, if a developer wants to use gaikai/cloud features, they know that you can use it since you're online.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal

non-PS+ members do not

Well DLC isnt just online map packs, it can be story missions or big expansions like Skyrim addons or extra charactars in a fighting or whatever

PSU Live Streamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post

Also, I think this is their way to segregate people at the door because if you think about it, if a developer wants to use gaikai/cloud features, they know that you can use it since you're online.
    Well I wasn't stating that with the idea that discounts will be removed....and they won't be as confirmed at e3. But if you want people to know that PS+ offers such discounts when they don't have PS+....then they need to be able to be online and see the discount advantages on the ps store. Which would need to be free.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Ok, so what's the official response to this? What's going to be so special about PlayStation Plus; how is it going to work now with Galkai and these free games? I'm trying to get organized about this.
    <a href=http://i41.tinypic.com/2qtuwwn.jpg target=_blank>http://i41.tinypic.com/2qtuwwn.jpg</a>
    3DS: 4613-6960-4293

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls

Looks to me like a way to make people pay the subscription fee anyway so they can give less incentives. Just a hunch but don't be expecting instant game collection to be as good as on PS3. That goes without saying at the beginning obviously, but even after a few years...

Also I'm dubious about Gaikai. Have they said access to PS3 and PS4 games via Gaikai is part of PS+? sounds like a tiered approach to me.

Extreme Poster
    Well I wasn't stating that with the idea that discounts will be removed....and they won't be as confirmed at e3. But if you want people to know that PS+ offers such discounts when they don't have PS+....then they need to be able to be online and see the discount advantages on the ps store. Which would need to be free.
    I'm saying that they might just not offer discounts anymore. They will probably just try to sell through other points.

And if they still do offer discounts...it's possible that a silver-like sub might be available...which would make sense as those apps might require that. So you're probably right that it may still have a free service but probably just on media/apps.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Existence420
    Look i dont think either console should be pay to play online. that point 1.

Point 2.) it was you guys the PS3 fans that wanted to play to play online like MS has, cause it will give the psn a better service.
    again You guys ask for this and told sony you wanted to pay to play online. to have cross game chat. so im not upset or mad at sony becuse you guy ask for it. So you got what you ask for, im more upset with the ps3fans asking for it then sony doing it.

with that being said i have PS+ and I like it so im good.
    "religion will put a man on his knees science put a man on the moon, nuff said"
    by someone i dont know.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by brenno99 View Post
    i'm an optimist and can only hope that this covers the service charge for gaikai. hopefully this will mean you won't have to pay to play games through gaikai
    This is what has me on-board. Since I am not anticipating buying a PS4 at launch, I feel there is plenty of time to get an answer on that issue.
    Who would have thought building a solid product that serves your customer's needs would beat out money, marketing, hype, and greed.

Extreme Poster
    @lefein. I agree, if they have another pay wall for those things then I will be unhappy and might skip on PS4 altogether. If they package ALL features of PS4 with this PS+ sub and only charge for obvious things like BC games and such then i will be neutral about it.

@Levit. I never wanted x-game chat...not unless it were free. other than features, i don't see how Live was better...the connection were the same.

e.g. Vita has Live features and it's still free. They're not charging you for online play, yes it does cost them money but they want us to look at PS+ as a whole (with an enforcement that you can't play online) and take it as a package. The entire package is well worth the price and we still may not know of smaller features that they haven't shown us so far.

Overall, I think it's worth it, it will keep the community in tact, so if you have gaikai, you won't be like, "**** dude, get gaikai so we can do this together." in some ways it makes sense why they want to segregate.

Packaging it as a bundle makes the enforcement not so bad if you understand the overall scheme of things.

this way the experience online will be more consistent. So to think of it just as pay to play online sounds horrible, or to force just the PS+...but combined with a healthy amount of features and understanding consistency, it makes sense and I will pay for it.

15. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    You make a good point, a very good point.....but as non pc gamer all i can retort with is.............**** PC gaming!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Agreed!! **** PC GAMING!!
    Once apon a time, I could understand that feeling. Consoles were plug and play while PCs required constant upgrades and patches. Consoles were played on the TV, and PC games were shoved wherever you could fit a PC monitor. Consoles had gamepads and PCs were almost exclusively keyboard and mouse controlled.

These days things have changed though.

You can now go years without needing an upgrade in PC gaming, and consoles require patches and updates. Both consoles and PCs can now be played on that big TV, both can use gamepads with similar if not identical controller layouts. Both play the exact same games.

In all honesty I could place a small gaming PC in an entertainment center as easily as a game console, hand you an Xbox 360 gamepad, and load up almost any popular multiplatform game and you wouldn't be able to tell if it was a console or PC that you were playing on.
    Last edited by Completely Average; 06-11-2013 at 16:35.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    Once apon a time, I could understand that feeling. Consoles were plug and play while PCs required constant upgrades and patches. Consoles were played on the TV, and PC games were shoved wherever you could fit a PC monitor. Consoles had gamepads and PCs were almost exclusively keyboard and mouse controlled.

These days things have changed though.

You can now go years without needing an upgrade in PC gaming, and consoles require patches and updates. Both consoles and PCs can now be played on that big TV, both can use gamepads with similar if not identical controller layouts. Both play the exact same games.

In all honesty, I could place a small gaming PC in an entertainment center as easily as a game consoles, hand you an Xbox 360 gamepad, and load up almost any popular multiplatform game and you wouldn't be able to tell if it was a console or PC that you were playing on.
    There are things about consoles that people find attractive and that hasn't changed yet. Or we would see people flocking to the PC.

More importantly, developers want to make games for consoles first. PC might get lead but they're not making the game for PC. Their focus is consoles.

Yes, I have been a PC gamer for a while and still am. Problem is all my friends and family use consoles, less hassle etc. so I will be going console for release and then upgrade my PC a year or two later, see the ps4 will be using pretty good hardware comparable to what I can buy today.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by bmatt View Post
    Yes, I have been a PC gamer for a while and still am. Problem is all my friends and family use consoles, less hassle etc. so I will be going console for release and then upgrade my PC a year or two later, see the ps4 will be using pretty good hardware comparable to what I can buy today.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    and that's where PS4 is trying to sell itself to the hardcore gamers as well. Not everyone wants to keep up and they wouldn't buy the latest anyway. So PS4 sounds like an awesome deal.

That's 7GB worth of gaming assets in any game that they want it to have. You're not limited by dumbing down your game for multiple configs. Exactly like these cross-gen games that look like **** compared to actual next-gen games.

Dedicated Member

There are things about consoles that people find attractive and that hasn't changed yet. Or we would see people flocking to the PC.
    Mostly it's simply familiarity and ignorance. People still prefer consoles because they are simply used to consoles. People still have the misconception that PC gaming is somehow more difficult or more expensive. Neither is actually true. In fact once you add in the cost of online for a few years plus the extra $10-$20 per game for the console versions the PC is actually cheaper.

You still have people posting right here in this thread who don't think you can game in the living room with the PC.

So many people simply prefer console gaming because of simple misbeliefs.

More importantly, developers want to make games for consoles first. PC might get lead but they're not making the game for PC. Their focus is consoles.
    DayZ says hi!

Last edited by Completely Average; 06-11-2013 at 17:19.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    I use to game via pc many moons ago. Now i prefer the comfort of sofa gaming via consoles. Cost is a large part also, but in handing over 350.00, i know i will get my moneys worth out of it..long term.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    PS+ offers something that can not be found anywhere else, and that is free games. You can argue that they are rented games but you get to keep them as long as you are still a PS+ subscriber.

I for one, don't really care about playing most games online, except for some of them. I hated the Idea that i have to pay to play online, but for me PS+ is a great service and it's not just there to play games online. I was one of the first people to subscribe to PS+ when they announced it and I'm still a subscriber and that won't change anytime soon.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    Mostly it's simply familiarity and ignorance. People still prefer consoles because they are simply used to consoles. People still have the misconception that PC gaming is somehow more difficult or more expensive. Neither is actually true, but the perception is there.
    I don't agree with that, there's a reason why they're "used" to it. It's easy with hardcore gamers like us but there are a lot of ignorant people out there that don't know how to run a browser. Thus why phone apps have gotten popular and why they're on PCs now.

DayZ says hi!

There are outliers there, of course. Just like Planet Side 2 wasn't coming to consoles either due to certain obvious reasons.

I see games on PC that are focused for PCs, that are only possible on PC.

That scenario is getting less and less as we progress further.

Super Elite
    If it wasn't for the announcement of Kingdom hearts I'd never have even considered wasting money on next gen. No longer being free though does put it in a spot for more criticism. Given how much profit this will bring in I would hope it's spent on games and not advertising just to bring in more profit for more advertising. I don't play consoles online either so eh.
    if I am in the PS3 or 360 section I will NOT post about the competitor just to please people, if you want to know what I think about the competitor link me to a thread in the appropriate section

Master Poster
    Still confused on this and a liitle let down. Is it definately a paytoplay online thing now or is it still vague?
    Personally, I like the optional factor of psn+ on ps3 where you pay for more features with the multiplayer being free.
    I dont care for free games a month etc, for me it was playing games online which is now behind a paywall?
    I'll end up getting ps+ now but not out of interest for the bonuses of ps+, just to be able to play online (whats the pricing like yearly?)

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Jack was just on GT talking about it, it's definitely happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by meanspartan
    "Oh we accidentally did something awesome that a lot of owners of our struggling handheld find to be awesome and exciting? Better fix that!"

Thread Information