Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 128
  1. #76
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Posts
    1,062
    Rep Power
    19
    Points
    12,958 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Damn, if it's coming to PS3 then that means this game will be held back.
    Maybe, but we have Call of Duty on the Wii and that doesn't affect the 360 and PS3 versions. So given that and Square-Enix's track record of being graphics $#@!s with their FF franchise, there is a good chance they will do a go job of bring the game to next gen consoles and pushing the visual limits.

  2. #77
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,972
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    72,660 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    Maybe, but we have Call of Duty on the Wii and that doesn't affect the 360 and PS3 versions. So given that and Square-Enix's track record of being graphics $#@!s with their FF franchise, there is a good chance they will do a go job of bring the game to next gen consoles and pushing the visual limits.
    It's not the visuals that worry me though. It's the gameplay. Next-gen allows for bigger worlds, new kinds of gameplay, etc. And now this game will have to be the same on PS3, but just with worse visuals.

    Granted, the game looks great, but it still might be held back.

  3. #78
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Posts
    1,062
    Rep Power
    19
    Points
    12,958 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    It's not the visuals that worry me though. It's the gameplay. Next-gen allows for bigger worlds, new kinds of gameplay, etc. And now this game will have to be the same on PS3, but just with worse visuals.

    Granted, the game looks great, but it still might be held back.
    The openness of the game has never an actual hardware restriction for developers. Just like the PS1 era, the game is as big as they wish to make it. If anything, this game would have been smaller if it wasn't originally designed for the PS3 simply because staggering next gen budgets would have further force smaller worlds to be built. So in actuality, the PS3 enabled the game to be bigger than what it would have been had the majority of the game's development been spent on the PS4 rather than the PS3.

  4. #79
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,972
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    72,660 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Nomura said the current-gen versions were cancelled, so there's nothing to worry about.

    GAF

    PS4 and Xbox One. That's it.

  5. #80
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    22
    Posts
    20,854
    Rep Power
    120
    Points
    71,238 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I've been watching more of this and visually it's amazing but gameplay looks more hack n slash than anything now. It looks like a much faster KH but tbh I'm not as hyped when it was first announced, could just be all those years though.

    Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

  6. #81
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Posts
    1,062
    Rep Power
    19
    Points
    12,958 (0 Banked)
    Is Final Fantasy XV going to be 60fps possibly?

  7. #82
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Posts
    1,062
    Rep Power
    19
    Points
    12,958 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Nomura said the current-gen versions were cancelled, so there's nothing to worry about.

    GAF

    PS4 and Xbox One. That's it.
    A forum post nor a direct comment from a developer changes the fact that the size of game levels is a not hardware constraint. SE's comment is simply PR praising the next generation with "we can build bigger yet prettier level." The size of the level is a strictly a gameplay design issue, not a hardware one. This game really was bigger thanks to the PS3.

  8. #83
    Counting Mod
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    14,084
    Rep Power
    149
    Points
    94,748 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    Is Final Fantasy XV going to be 60fps possibly?
    Probably. There were a few titles that were announce in 60 fps. Looks like it will be more common this gen thankfully.




    Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

  9. #84
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,776
    Rep Power
    198
    Points
    137,797 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    That oddly looked interesting.

  10. #85
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,972
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    72,660 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    A forum post nor a direct comment from a developer changes the fact that the size of game levels is a not hardware constraint. SE's comment is simply PR praising the next generation with "we can build bigger yet prettier level." The size of the level is a strictly a gameplay design issue, not a hardware one. This game really was bigger thanks to the PS3.
    You know what I mean dude. Next-gen will allow for new types of gameplay experiences.

    As for the size of the world, you're right that a developer can make a game as large as they want via streaming, but the new specs allow for more on-screen, more scope, more density, etc.

  11. #86
    Superior Member
    AsterPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    23
    Posts
    849
    Rep Power
    49
    Points
    5,277 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    The game looks good all and all they didn't sacrifice game quality which is good. But just all those years I just felt like I just lost interest. You never know with how long its going to release it could be anytime soon or could be 5 years down the track. There are better JRPG makers than Square Enix.

  12. #87
    Apprentice
    Super Manning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    208
    Rep Power
    12
    Points
    2,839 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by AsterPhoenix View Post
    The game looks good all and all they didn't sacrifice game quality which is good. But just all those years I just felt like I just lost interest. You never know with how long its going to release it could be anytime soon or could be 5 years down the track. There are better JRPG makers than Square Enix.

    The Tales games are pretty good on my books but I say Square is still the top on my list

  13. #88
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,972
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    72,660 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The two GAF 'insiders' who said this would turn into FFXV and be PS4-exclusive are saying that it was indeed exclusive until recently, but Sony decided they would rather undercut Microsoft with the PS4's pricing than pay for FFXV exclusivity.

    Most likely bull$#@!, but yeah, there's the response from the 'insiders'.

  14. #89
    Superior Member
    AsterPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    23
    Posts
    849
    Rep Power
    49
    Points
    5,277 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    I played Vesperia and Graces. Definitely looking forward to picking up Xillia!

  15. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
  16. #90
    Master Poster
    RedOrb_Collector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,072
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    15,575 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    The two GAF 'insiders' who said this would turn into FFXV and be PS4-exclusive are saying that it was indeed exclusive until recently, but Sony decided they would rather undercut Microsoft with the PS4's pricing than pay for FFXV exclusivity.

    Most likely bull$#@!, but yeah, there's the response from the 'insiders'.
    What?

    Sony could only do that if they knew what Microsoft's price was going to be.

    According to Mr. Rohde (I believe that's what his name was), they didn't know what Microsoft pricing was going to be, but that they were kind of expecting their price to be lower than MS', and that when they found out at the end what MS' price was, that they were smiling all day because they knew they were correct to think that.

  17. #91
    Master Poster
    RedOrb_Collector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,072
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    15,575 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by AsterPhoenix View Post
    I played Vesperia and Graces. Definitely looking forward to picking up Xillia!
    Not sure if wrong thread or intentionally posted here to spite FF.


  18. #92
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,972
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    72,660 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    What?

    Sony could only do that if they knew what Microsoft's price was going to be.

    According to Mr. Rohde (I believe that's what his name was), they didn't know what Microsoft pricing was going to be, but that they were kind of expecting their price to be lower than MS', and that when they found out at the end what MS' price was, that they were smiling all day because they knew they were correct to think that.
    Here is what Verendus said (the guy who said Versus would turn into FFXV and be PS4-exclusive):

    SCE backed out. Money is what makes exclusives happen. And after what MS was doing became apparent, and the fact that SCE was aware their pricing was going to come under MS too, they held off. Bear in mind, SCE hasn't lost anything here. Europe and Japan are their stronger regions as it is. Both FF and KH, especially the former, are associated with the Playstation brand. US was the big question mark and with a $100 price advantage, paying out a good amount of money in a somewhat rushed agreement may not necessarily be needed for anything.

    SCE is riding high at the moment since everything that could go right, has gone right.

    Having said all of that, KH3 is still far enough that they could pay out to make it exclusive. And it's either that, or something else in return as the agreement surrounding that is more complicated.
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=157

  19. #93
    Elite Member
    mikeghtmare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,982
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    2,611 (0 Banked)
    Items BowserDoom

    So FF v13 (now XV) is no longer a PS exclusive

    Is it just me or is anyone else mad about this?
    The game looks great, but still on the PS3 square screw us over and was making up for it by delivering FFv13 exclusively on the PS3, but now they re-branded it as FFXV and it's coming to both consoles; WTF???
    Thou shall not question my lame sig
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  20. #94
    Counting Mod
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    14,084
    Rep Power
    149
    Points
    94,748 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Bull$#@! excuse to cover your ass. Plain and simple. I don't believe that one bit.




    Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

  21. #95
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    22
    Posts
    20,854
    Rep Power
    120
    Points
    71,238 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by AsterPhoenix View Post
    The game looks good all and all they didn't sacrifice game quality which is good. But just all those years I just felt like I just lost interest. You never know with how long its going to release it could be anytime soon or could be 5 years down the track. There are better JRPG makers than Square Enix.
    I agree.

    Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

  22. #96
    Elite Member
    jubeininja69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,546
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    3,485 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeghtmare View Post
    Is it just me or is anyone else mad about this?
    The game looks great, but still on the PS3 square screw us over and was making up for it by delivering FFv13 exclusively on the PS3, but now they re-branded it as FFXV and it's coming to both consoles; WTF???
    honestly i don't care anymore and it was expected after FF13. i do hope that the ps4 version is the better one though. i would hate to see devs cater to an inferior console and the ps4 version suffers.


  23. #97
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NYC
    PSN ID
    funkybudda
    Posts
    914
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    1,765 (0 Banked)
    after all this time, do people still care about these 3rd party blood suckers trying to get money out of the console makers? What makes anyone doubt any of the currently announced Xbox one "exclusives" dont get re-released to PS4 in some special edition, obviously excluding some brand defining series like Halo etc.

    If Sony doesn't have strong first party studios, I would be concerned. And FF series is going the way of resident evil series, more action so I dont really care for it any more.
    You need a users permission to quote them in your sig.

  24. #98
    Superior Member
    zex494's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sanc Kingdom
    PSN ID
    zex494
    Age
    27
    Posts
    561
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    2,445 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by brebaz View Post
    I think SE lost their way the day they made FFXIII multi. I haven't touched a single game from SE since then!

    I'm actually surprised that people expected anything from them to be Exclusive!


    Still wouldn't help them one bit. Remember FFXIII and how much that sold on the 360?
    nuff said.
    Last edited by zex494; 06-14-2013 at 06:10.
    I had no intentions of becoming a leader. It is as a warrior how I shall be remembered, but these are hardly numbers worth dying for.
    -Zechs Merquise

  25. #99
    Elite Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    PSN ID
    Key2001
    Posts
    1,958
    Rep Power
    82
    Points
    9,124 (0 Banked)
    Going multi-platform doesn't bother me. It kinda sucked with FFXIII because it was already so mismanaged but this game is looking great.

    It has been a long time since I have been this excited for a Final Fantasy game. For some reason, much more so than I was when FFXIII and FFvs13 was first announced.

  26. #100
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Posts
    1,062
    Rep Power
    19
    Points
    12,958 (0 Banked)
    Multiplat for Final Fantasy titles was Square-Enix's smartest move this generation. FFXIII outsold FFVII at release because of this decision. Tho it's a little sad to see Final Fantasy Versus exclusive to next gen platforms.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.