Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    General Manager
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Items 3d dot game heroes3d dot game heroesUser name styleMove360 SlimVitaLightningNaughty DogPlayStation

PS4 online multiplayer needs to be paid for to access

DUST 514 name: swillw /Corporation PSU Ghost Syndicate

Banned

Remember how Sony isn't about greed and is all about the gamer? That Sony would never do this? They swore online gaming would remain free? Hell has frozen over now hasn't it?!

Microsoft got so much $#@! for charging for the privilege of playing online on general principle. Now the shoe is on the other foot. $#@! you Sony!...... (Sony throws them some free games)....er....um .. thanks Sony for totally helping me sell out! I'm totally on board now for paywall online gaming!

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    your apps are behind a paywall to ps is not.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Elite Member
    Fine with this.

Edit: And. . . I'll leave it at that.
    I talk to myself because I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    Remember how Sony isn't about greed and is all about the gamer? That Sony would never do this? They swore online gaming would remain free? Hell has frozen over now hasn't it?!

Microsoft got so much $#@! for charging for the privilege of playing online on general principle. Now the shoe is on the other foot. $#@! you Sony!...... (Sony throws them some free games)....er....um .. thanks Sony for totally helping me sell out! I'm totally on board now for paywall online gaming!
    Look, get off your high horse. The truth of the matter is that while yes PS gamers now have to pay a subscription, it's by far the best subscription available giving subs content accross three platforms and the value subs will get back in games takes away a large brunt of this unfortunate development. I don't think most people will mind seeing as they are getting Drive Club day 1. No PS gamer should be without Plus if they appreciate getting hundreds of dollars worth of full access to games.

Nice that MS caught onto this practice and I'm sure Xbox gamers will enjoy playing AC 2 and Halo 3.

6. Likes RedDragon7 likes this post
    Apprentice

I will miss being able to just pop a game in and connect online and play without having to pay, but Im willing to compromise with what the value is for the money. Plus it can only make the online game experience better. It worked for ms why shouldn't it work for sony? People would complain all the time about the ps3 online wasn't as good as xbl and stuff like that, and my reply would always be that I didn't have to pay to play online, so if you weigh out everything and you look at what you are getting, the price, the choice and freedom to share and play used games no drm restrictions im sold for the ps4...I just hope that it stays tht way and after ive bought my ps4 a few monthes down the road there isn't changes made to policy and features that hurt the system. But The ps4 is where it's at.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    MoneyM07
    When he was talking about that in the conference one of the slides showed something for $5 a month. What was that?

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Epyon_1 View Post
    When he was talking about that in the conference one of the slides showed something for $5 a month. What was that?
    It was summing up PS+ is as little as $5 a month depending on what option you do.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post

We're not really okay with it...but what choice do we have now? After this (the current gen) a legion of people justified paying for p2p gaming and VOIP via XBL...why else do you think Sony did this?

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    MoneyM07
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    It was summing up PS+ is as little as $5 a month depending on what option you do.
    If $5 a month is a choice then I wouldn't see what the problem is. Some months you may not wanna pay but some you would like to pay. I see no harm in it.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post
    We're not really okay with it...but what choice do we have now? After this (the current gen) a legion of people justified paying for p2p gaming and VOIP via XBL...why else do you think Sony did this?
    Umm remember the response to Xbox one DRM? Pretty sure if sony had that kind of response things may change.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Epyon_1 View Post
    If $5 a month is a choice then I wouldn't see what the problem is. Some months you may not wanna pay but some you would like to pay. I see no harm in it.
    It doesn't work like that. I think you can get 3 months, 6 month and 12 month subs to the service. They just broke it down to weekly chunks to break down the price.

Supr chuffed that PS+ will have Instant Game Collection for all three platforms. It has been damn good recently...Sleeping Dogs, Hitman, soon Unchatted 3, XCOM and LBP Karting. That's aside from the Vita games...and the fact that we will be getting new PS4 games monthly is awesome.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    MoneyM07
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    It doesn't work like that. I think you can get 3 months, 6 month and 12 month subs to the service. They just broke it down to weekly chunks to break down the price. Supr chuffed that PS+ will have Instant Game Collection for all three platforms. It has been damn good recently...Sleeping Dogs, Hitman, soon Unchatted 3, XCOM and LBP Karting. That's aside from the Vita games...and the fact that we will be getting new PS4 games monthly is awesome.
    Oh i see now. Well then I guess I'll be paying for online now, that is when I get a PS4. I'm never a first adopter of electronic products.

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Umm remember the response to Xbox one DRM? Pretty sure if sony had that kind of response things may change.
    Sure they might...I'm wishing right now I could say the same about MS.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post
    Sure they might...I'm wishing right now I could say the same about MS.
    November is still way off.

Superior Member

always said that for Sony to grow revenues they had to go on and charge for online. Will be interesting to see what people say about this seeing that so many have given MS stick over Live's payments.
    xbox live: AcrylicAltair44

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Items DoomVita
    If it means i get such awesome tech for that price, im more than happy. with all the free content that comes with it, id be the last to complain.

The King has Returned

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    Well at last you can buy a PS4 just for offline greatness. Games like FF15, KH3, Infamous 2 or Watchdog and AC4 donīt need online multiplayer. But it still sucks cause everyone was used to have the multiplayer free. It was a great selling point and a huge argument against Xbox Live Gold. Still PS+ have tons more value then XLG will ever have.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    I'm glad to see some level minded people in here with some perspective on the matter.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    I'm glad to see some level minded people in here with some perspective on the matter.
    Is not a bad incentive at all. I'm not thrilled that I have to pay to play online but I had plus for a while it was a great deal. Mostly mind of annoyed because I mostly just get a bug to pay some COD from time to time. Don't game online much. Although I understand why they did it. They could have done this from the start and it would have made sense. I'm sure it's not cheap to keep these networks up and running not to mention the maintenance.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I'm completely fine with it.

23. Likes Mael Duin likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    I feel for my fellow ps members that will have to start paying to play...no buts.

Then again I'm already a member so not really a negative on my end...glad I get to save on drive club! Put that money towards the ps eye

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    no big surprise, im shocked they kept it for free so long.....i never really like PS plus and i dont play online, though that might change with the ps4. its no biggie to play to play online

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    MoneyM07
    Yeah I fully understand the matter. Regardless I wasn't going to complain and put up a fuss about it anyway. By the time I get the ps4, i feel that getting ps+ will be no biggie for me. I'm cool with it

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstoph View Post
    If it means i get such awesome tech for that price, im more than happy. with all the free content that comes with it, id be the last to complain.
    Yep exactly. I see no problem with it.

Thread Information