Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Superior Member

PSN ID
    funkybudda
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I'd rather play games like GoW, TLOU, Beyond, Killzone and inFamous among all the other unique IP Sony has only on its console. PC gaming offers very little that's unique bar a few titles and what was appealing to me (Diablo 3, Guild Wars 2 and Planet Sid 2) is coming to console. I will pay €50 to play online but will receive access to hundreds of dollars worth of games for my PS3, PS4 and Vita in return and I have a laptop to do whatever my PS4 can't.
    I share the same sentiment, especially for those that have gaming PCs (I own an alienware M17X R4 and a self-build gaming desktop) that games look way better on PC instead on Xbox. There are very few titles that dont make it to the PC later. As for Playstation, their first party titles will always be exclusive, that's what counts.
    You need a users permission to quote them in your sig.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    I owned an Xbox and PS2. I barely used the PS2 so I sold it. I own a 360, had a PS3 for a while but barely used it, so I sold it.

I really only have time in my life for one console so I have to make a decision. Sony made that decision very easy for me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    So just how did Sony make that decision very easy for you? Please Clarify.
    Is it the games?
    The lack of DRM?

Completely switching from one console to another is a big step.

These days for me, consoles are almost only about games and exclusives. The main reason why I have PS3 and 360 is because of exclusives for each platform, and because back when I bought both, I was not able to afford a gaming PC. Also, there were quite a few PC games that I wanted to play ported to XBox.
    For me, having a gaming PC basically removed the need to have 360, as well as the fact that I just don't like Halo.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Veteran
    Items Manchester United

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Xbox one, is a no no for me and the PS4 is a sure thing

Welcome to the great side of the field, its much greener here and beautiful
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    (In the Words of the Great Morpheus) "Welcome to The Real World!!"

I was a ps360 owner this Gen ,but it will just be PS4 & a gaming PC for me along with my PSP ( i'll still keep one of my PS3's for the Bedroom, but will dump My 360 & PS3 in for a PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Indeed. I would be going for the one that has the games that better suit my preference.
    And i would be going for the one that doesn't rape my consumer rights and drastically limits my options, NO MATTER what games one or the other might have.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    I've owned every console made since the mid 90s. I've always had gaming PCs during that time as well.

I got the original Xbox on launch day. One of only 200,000 gamers to do so.
    I also got the Xbox 360 on launch day. One of only 250,000 gamers to do so.

This is the first generation of consoles where I have almost no interest in any of them. Especially the WII U and Xbox One. I still retain some interest in the PS4, but once you add the annual online costs plus the cost of the console............. it's cheaper to just upgrade my PC.

The Xbox One and PS4 have become too much like PCs. Too many of the same games, too many of the same functions, and much too close to the same total price. I'm beginning to ask myself why I would want a console at all when my PC plays most of the same games, the PC version games are cheaper to buy, I get free online, and my PC can do so much more than any of these consoles can do.
    I agree completely.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Apprentice
    Glad you made the switch to the good guys!

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Welcome to the tang-a-tang! I was like you but with PS. I loved my Xbox and never got rid of it. 360 i owned for about 3-4 years but lost interest. This time MS showed me nothing to be excited about except for a few games. I suspect there are quite a few gamers out there just like yourself. MS really pissed off a great deal of people so far.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    You did good job man. Never buy any of MS craps.

CPU: I7 3820-GPU: Asus Gtx 980 4GB-Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79-HDD: Seagate 2TB-CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X-TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000-PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD-PS3 Slim 750GB-PS VITA 32GB.

Superior Member
    I was an Xbox user since the original Xbox launched Halo 2. I bought a 360 the day it launched and later down the road I bought a PS3. After about a year, I ended up selling my PS3 and sticking to the Xbox 360. Just a couple months ago, I got tired of paying for XBL with no rewards and ended up selling it and picking up a PS3. I'm extremely glad I did that, it made me realize that the PS3 had far better exclusives on it that I've missed over the years.

I'm picking up a PS4 day one. It's my console of choice for the next generation. I might pick up an Xbox One when Halo 5 comes out (dedicated servers, 60FPS, Halo fanboy), however, it better have a price drop by that time. I don't want to shell out $499 plus sign up for XBL.

PSN Gamertag: Kertiously

PS4 Coming Soon

XBL Gamertag: VoKeM

Xbox One Day One Member

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post

Not all sunshine over here either as we now have to pay for online play. Sony should be ashamed. At least PS+ is worth it.
    Behave yourself. It won't be a bloody fortune...$#@!in hell. Some people want everything for nothing...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Ultimate Veteran
    welcome to the PS4, i also had 2 consoles the PS3 and 360 but i never used the 360 what a waste of money.
    all i use is the ps3. it seems like ms is scareing a lot of gamers away

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator 101 View Post
    So just how did Sony make that decision very easy for you? Please Clarify.
    Is it the games?
    The lack of DRM?

Completely switching from one console to another is a big step.

These days for me, consoles are almost only about games and exclusives. The main reason why I have PS3 and 360 is because of exclusives for each platform, and because back when I bought both, I was not able to afford a gaming PC. Also, there were quite a few PC games that I wanted to play ported to XBox.
    For me, having a gaming PC basically removed the need to have 360, as well as the fact that I just don't like Halo.
    It's big picture rather than 1 or 2 issues. Sure, DRM is an issue but the way Sony has responded to gamers and devs with the PS4 is outstanding. They designed it after getting input from devs.

The self-publishing feature for indie devs is great. MS still makes them jump through hoops. The fact that Sony through out more exclusives than MS through out launch titles is impressive as well.

Sony just listens, plain and simple.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Super Elite
    You neglected your PS2??? This is blasphemy!!!
    if I am in the PS3 or 360 section I will NOT post about the competitor just to please people, if you want to know what I think about the competitor link me to a thread in the appropriate section

Superior Member
    My son and his real life buddies, which have all been gaming on the Xbox and 360, have all decided to jump ship to the PS4. They're all in different colleges and they still like to play on-line together so they tend to agree on the next console they're going to get.

I told him to pre-order and Amazon and it will be his Christmas present.

Mark down 8 more converts.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    My son and his real life buddies, which have all been gaming on the Xbox and 360, have all decided to jump ship to the PS4. They're all in different colleges and they still like to play on-line together so they tend to agree on the next console they're going to get.

I told him to pre-order and Amazon and it will be his Christmas present.

Mark down 8 more converts.
    Reminded me so much of this!

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by baho View Post
    And i would be going for the one that doesn't rape my consumer rights and drastically limits my options, NO MATTER what games one or the other might have.
    That's cool for you. The good thing is, you have that choice! Rock on!

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I never left Sony, but I found myself playing Xbox 360 more this current gen, hopefully PS4 can take up more of my time this coming gen.

I still will get an Xbox One though, I like most of their exclusives that they showed and would be insane not to buy one.

PSN ID
    mishdon
    I have my pre order for the PS4. I realise over the years that the main game I played Xbox for was Halo. I also really enjoy the Xbox dashboard and how easy everything is to use (Chat, messages, music player etc) which the PS3 is pretty poor at. But when it comes to the games I have enjoyed the most, they are all on PS3. So this gen I am going to start with PS4, and once MS realise that they have made some mistakes, I will pick up an Xbone.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Georges_2251
    Items Final Fantasy Tactics
    Welcome sir!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SmoknJokr
    Since the Nintendo NES I have owned every console from the big 3 with the exception of the PS2. Don't feel I missed a whole lot but do feel like my gaming history has a little hole in it.

I am gonna play this generation like I did the last. Buy the cheaper console first and when price drops occur or I cant stand it any more pick up an xbone. I have always liked Sony better but my kids both preferred the Xbox due to the fact that all their friends have them but this time I bet we are a Sony dominated house! Sure we will have an xbone or 2 but there will be PS4 in every bedroom and on every TV!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Thanks to Spyrde for the sig/avy

Forum Sage
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Who cares if you leave you won't be missed.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Who cares if you leave you won't be missed.
    DAT Salt.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin Joker View Post
    Since the Nintendo NES I have owned every console from the big 3 with the exception of the PS2. Don't feel I missed a whole lot but do feel like my gaming history has a little hole in it.

I am gonna play this generation like I did the last. Buy the cheaper console first and when price drops occur or I cant stand it any more pick up an xbone. I have always liked Sony better but my kids both preferred the Xbox due to the fact that all their friends have them but this time I bet we are a Sony dominated house! Sure we will have an xbone or 2 but there will be PS4 in every bedroom and on every TV!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    I think they have recovery centers for that. You missed so much! Close race for best console I ever owner between that and SNES. Probably say PS2 wins.

Thread Information