Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Xbox 360 E

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    It is alright man I just figured it out. Basically I swapped my HD out for my old one with all the installs already on it and the new system didn't register them as installed. I had to delete them all just now and I'm currently re-installing them. I thought I'd get away with not having to install about 10 games lol.
    Well, nice work on troubleshooting. Glad you got it solved.

Quote Originally Posted by justintheman87 View Post
    Did your older 360 die and you are only using it for the pics? I am curious why you would buy the new model if your other 360 worked just fine.
    I have 3 Xbox 360's (before this purchase). Two Xbox 360 S, and one Xbox 360 Elite. However, the Xbox 360 S that you see pictured with my Xbox 360 E will no longer read disks. When there is a disk in the tray, the Xbox still says "Open Tray" like it doesn't see it. I took it apart, and took the DVD drive apart to clean the lens to see if that was the issue. Well, the lens was spotless, but I cleaned it off anyway. Put it all back together, and still no dice. Won't read disks. So now it's a 4th Xbox that I have put in my bedroom and will use it for digital download games and movies only. No more disks I guess

Superior Member
    I'm really tempted to buy myself one of these, they look quite smart, that and I found a copy of The Witcher 2 that I forgot I had...too many games!!

I sold my 360S a few months back due to lack of use, but I really want to play through The Witcher 2 and the Fable remake is coming.

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I have 3 Xbox 360's (before this purchase). Two Xbox 360 S, and one Xbox 360 Elite. However, the Xbox 360 S that you see pictured with my Xbox 360 E will no longer read disks. When there is a disk in the tray, the Xbox still says "Open Tray" like it doesn't see it. I took it apart, and took the DVD drive apart to clean the lens to see if that was the issue. Well, the lens was spotless, but I cleaned it off anyway. Put it all back together, and still no dice. Won't read disks. So now it's a 4th Xbox that I have put in my bedroom and will use it for digital download games and movies only. No more disks I guess
    Wow, I have just the one, but it had to be replaced 3 times due to RROD. MS made a lot of money off of you sir.

8 years and counting!

Extreme Poster
    Did your older 360 die and you are only using it for the pics? I am curious why you would buy the new model if your other 360 worked just fine.
    he's loaded.

Soldier 95B
    Wow, I have just the one, but it had to be replaced 3 times due to RROD. MS made a lot of money off of you sir.
    I bought one for my son. I have one for me. Then I have the other two as extenders to TV's in bedrooms for streaming stuff like Xbox movies, netflix, etc.

Extreme Poster
    Other two? LOL wtf!

wait, can't you just get a Roku instead, you know, way more efficient, to the point, way cheaper?

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Other two? LOL wtf!

wait, can't you just get a Roku instead, you know, way more efficient, to the point, way cheaper?
    I can get a Roku, sure. But the 360 does all that as well, AND, I can play games in those rooms too if I want to. With the cloud save feature on the 360, no matter what console I sign in at my home, my game saves are already there. SLAM BAM THANK YOU MAAM.

Extreme Poster
    I can get a Roku, sure. But the 360 does all that as well, AND, I can play games in those rooms too if I want to. With the cloud save feature on the 360, no matter what console I sign in at my home, my game saves are already there. SLAM BAM THANK YOU MAAM.

You need 4 360s? PLUS however many PS3s you have...plus other game devices you haven't disclosed yet lol how big is your house!?

Soldier 95B
    You need 4 360s? PLUS however many PS3s you have...plus other game devices you haven't disclosed yet lol how big is your house!?
    Need? No. LOL. Want? Yes.

I just have one PS3. No other consoles in my home. We have a PSP-3000, a DS, a 3DS, GBA. But we rarely, IF EVER use the hand helds.

But I am done buying Xbox 360's. I will probably sell all but one off once the Xbox One hits. I need two Xbox Ones this year, if available.

Extreme Poster
    omg dude...i just don't know man. i would rather buy a bad ass PC and get more awesome games on that...that we can't have yet and may never.

I don't blame you, i was grew up in a third world country.

Soldier 95B
    omg dude...i just don't know man. i would rather buy a bad ass PC and get more awesome games on that...that we can't have yet and may never.

I don't blame you, i was grew up in a third world country.
    You know, not to stray too far off topic...but it's games like ARMA 3 that swing me to the idea of PC gaming. I don't like Windows, so I go Mac. Mac is still not up there with Windows for game titles. Maybe Windows 9 will convince me to switch from Mac...pushing me to an all PC home...including my gaming.

Extreme Poster
    Dude come on! it seems like you have all the time that i wish i had so i could play PC games but i can't. so many awesome games on PC that are not anywhere else.

and now my son won't let me play anyway. he'd want to play himself first. that little demon hogs the PS3 at the moment. and i still can't find a good reason to get another LOL

but yea, we should go back to topic.

Soldier 95B
    Dude come on! it seems like you have all the time that i wish i had so i could play PC games but i can't. so many awesome games on PC that are not anywhere else.
    For the past year, I have been gaming about 1-2 hours a week Been going through a separation, now divorce, moved, etc. Needless to say, my appetite for gaming went to hell with stress, excessive weight loss, all while making sure that I give my son the best home he can have. Taking care of him on my own has changed my entertainment time somewhat as well.

Extreme Poster
    ok sir you win this discussion.

i'm sorry to hear that man, i hope everything gets better with you. just hang in there, next-gen is right around the corner to help you heal your wounds.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    You get a kid each? Happened to a friend of mine.

This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Elite Guru

Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Found another issue with my Xbox 360 E.

Bare with me as this might be tough to explain.

Example: I have Battlefield 3 in my Xbox 360 E's disc drive.

I decide I want to play State of Decay which is a digital download. So i go in to my games and play it from the hard drive. However, my Battlefield 3 disc starts spinning and doesn't stop spinning until I am done playing State of Decay (I played SoD for about an hour and my BF3 disc was spinning in the drive the whole time.)

Is there a fault with my system? I never noticed this before on my older system.

I tried removing my BF3 disc and started up SoD again and it played like it should with no disc spinning (obviously cause I removed BF3), but I don't think I should be needing to remove a disc of another completely different game to get a digital game to work like it should?

edit: I just tried it with my Black Ops II disc in and it worked normal.. I wonder if BF3 is causing issues with my digital games? I tried Minecraft and SoD just now with BF3 in the drive and the disc was spinning.. but with Black Ops II the disc doesn't spin. Color me confused..

Would be cool if someone had both BF3 and SoD or Minecraft and could test this out for me..
    Last edited by EHY893; 06-29-2013 at 07:47.

Soldier 95B
    Emmerich, before I test this scenario..is your BF3 game installed? Is your BF3 HD patch installed from the disk as well? What about DLC for BF3? and latest multiplayer patches? I just want to make sure I go through and ADD/Remove anything to match yours.

Elite Guru

I have all the DLC installed, all the latest updates and the HD patch.

I only have disc 1 installed to my HD though.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    I have all the DLC installed, all the latest updates and the HD patch.

I only have disc 1 installed to my HD though.
    Ok, that is my setup as well. Let me give it a try.

Elite Guru

Appreciate it. Look forward to your findings.

Soldier 95B
    Crap, I forgot to last night. Sorry! I will check it today at 330pm CDT.

Soldier 95B
    I tried and I could not reproduce the disk spin Sorry.

Flaw3d Genius
    How is the new console? Does it still feel quality or did they go down the super slim route?

Superior Member
    I quite like it. It looks good and doesn't feel too cheap. It's also very quiet even when the disk is spinning up.

Maybe it's just me, but I think the dash also feels a bit snappier than on the older models.

The only thing I don't like is it still comes with a power brick. The brick is very light compared to before so I wonder why they coudln't fit it into the case, but I'll live with it!

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901

I don't own any xbox's but that E looks nice as hell man. enjoy both of those bro!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Thread Information